Steam Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047258681

In Game Details

In Game Name: Nox

In Game Rank: ST

In Game Regiment: PVT?

Ban Details

image.thumb.png.8ffe4fa795deeedd72e9f644203245c1.png

How long was the ban for: Permanent

Which staff member banned you: Whitey (Moose and someone else were also present)

What date did the ban occur: 04/09/2018

What was the reason for the ban: Scripting

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned:

I used to be a pretty avid player on the server, and used to bhop around alot, it was just how I kept myself entertained while running through corridors. One day I decided to kick it up a notch and install some scripts, which I used to aid my minging (bhopping past RG into sith temple, because they weren't able to catch me). Eventually I just became fully blatant with it, and when they turned CAC on, I was brought into a meeting on top of the ship, where I was questioned by Moose, Whitey, and Gamma (don't quote me on the last one). I didn't try to hide it at all, and told them it was just because I was bored, and rightfully, was banned.

I still stand by my reason of being bored, I'm not going to say it's a valid excuse, nor am I going to glorify it - because it isn't a valid excuse, and I'm certainly not going to try and act cool about it. But that's the truth, I'm not going to change my reason and say I had something going on IRL, because I honestly just didn't.

Now, for better or for worse, I'm going to come clean about some other rule-breaking I've done before AND after my permanent ban. This very well could dig me deeper, but I'd really rather start with as clean of a slate as I can, if I'm to be allowed back.

I alted quite a bit, not to the extent of some others I know, but I put in a good 100+ hours on other accounts, of which I'll summarise right here. I'm sharing my experiences on these accounts because most of them were pretty good, and I think the punishment of alting should vary, depending on how you conducted yourself while alting. (No, alting is still against the rules, but I think there should be a little difference between straight up minging on an alt, and just playing normally, but still breaking the rules by alting.) I'll leave the link to the profile in the name, so you can go ahead and scope out it's warns, and then ban it.

Alt 1 (BEFORE BAN) - Alarm:

This account came to be before I was banned, and was because I was falsely blacklisted from sith. Falsely kinda sounds like bull****, but, whenever I would go to a sith tryout on my main account, I was told I was permanently blacklisted. However, whenever I checked the current spreadsheet, or got a friend inside of sith to ask about my blacklist, it suddenly wouldn't exist. I honestly can't remember how this blacklist business got resolved, but I'm pretty sure it was just a misunderstanding in the end and it all got cleared up. 

Anyway, I played for a couple of months on this account I think, the entire time I was a Sith Marauder under Rickle and Helsing. My behaviour was pretty good, but it started to get a little rocky towards where I stopped playing (no rule-breaking, just obnoxiously asking for PK duels). There isn't a whole lot to say, but I don't think I got a warn during my time, and the only rule I remember breaking is RDMing someone for RDMing and making fun of a literal disabled person (which I don't think I got warned for).

Alt 2 (AFTER BAN) - Akuma:

Honestly, I was super toxic on this account, a staff set up a TDM under 20, and some sith member was talking s*** to random people who were just trying to have fun, he was trying to flex his rank (which was pretty low), and I challenged him to a duel at very low player count. I won and trash talked a lot, the next day I joined SG, and the day after, I was automatically banned for bypassing my perma. Not really proud of how I acted on this account, but it is what it is.

Alt 3 (AFTER BAN) - Nomos/Infidel:

This was my most recent alt. As Nomos I joined 224th under Rickle, and reached SSGT before disappearing off the face of the earth. I came back probably half a year later and joined inquisitors, which I ended up leaving during the first week, as it had a really wack atmosphere at the time. (Lots of sith angry at eachother, people threatening to mass-leave the reg if someone got kicked, ect.)

This account might have a warn or two, I can't remember, and I don't want to log in.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance:

I've changed a lot as a person over the last two years, I left school, went to TAFE, got a job, and grew massively as a person. I've tried to abandon my ego when it comes to this game, and I can admit that I was trying too hard to be cool in my last appeal. I'm finding it pretty hard to sell myself here, but I found alting very lacking, as whenever I would run in to an old friend in the hall, I wouldn't be able to talk to them, and be myself, and just connect with them again, but I would have to ignore them and subdue my personality.

I'm finding it hard to give reasons to unban me, and explain how I have changed over the past couple years, as there's not really a good place to start. It's not like I've gained values, but that they're more embedded within me, and that I understand it's all just a game. My time spent gaming has been significantly cut upon getting a job, so spending all day online, and getting bored again, is even less of a valid excuse. What I'm NOT saying here, is: "Alting is boring, unban me", but rather, I have grown to understand the value of a community in this gamemode, and I'd like to experience it again. I hope you don't look at my experiences on my alt accounts as mere filler, but as proof that I can conduct myself, and that I am doing my best to be truthful here.

Thanks,

Nox

• Upvote 4

Hey Nox, while you do have a rather extensive list of offences, you've been extremely honest in regards to your bans and alting in this appeal. I'm going to be leaving a +1 as I think enough time has passed for you to fix issues and you seem to to be genuinely remorseful. 

• Upvote 3
8 hours ago, yeff said:

Hey Nox, while you do have a rather extensive list of offences, you've been extremely honest in regards to your bans and alting in this appeal. I'm going to be leaving a +1 as I think enough time has passed for you to fix issues and you seem to to be genuinely remorseful. 

Completely agree with yeff,  enough time has passed to show that you have changed and are remourseful for your actions

• Upvote 1
On 10/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, Pro said:

Completely agree with yeff,  enough time has passed to show that you have changed and are remourseful for your actions

On 10/4/2020 at 1:28 AM, yeff said:

Thanks for your support guys.

After reading through this i see a lot of offences as Yeff pointed out. Alting is a very serious offence but i believe that your apology and explaining everything (in good detail) shows maturity, accepting your faults. You seem to have matured a heap since your time "scripting" and "Alting" and i believe after a good 2 years ish you seem honest and sincere about your actions and wanting to come back thus i will be leaving a +1 but still be placed under a strict probation period. Good Luck. 

• Upvote 1
On 10/12/2020 at 11:27 AM, Angus said:

After reading through this i see a lot of offences as Yeff pointed out. Alting is a very serious offence but i believe that your apology and explaining everything (in good detail) shows maturity, accepting your faults. You seem to have matured a heap since your time "scripting" and "Alting" and i believe after a good 2 years ish you seem honest and sincere about your actions and wanting to come back thus i will be leaving a +1 but still be placed under a strict probation period. Good Luck. 

Thanks for the support.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:24 PM, Stathi said:

+1

Reasons stated above. Ontop of it being 2 years since the scripting ban had occurred. As usual, a probation/trial period would be necessary.

Goodluck Nox :)

Thanks mate :)

• Luigi locked this topic