Jump to content

its a long shot but tools for co & 2ic


Recommended Posts

it would kinda be awesome if we could get tools permanently (co 2ic etc), there's a little backstory, so im gonna admit, i kinda suck when it comes to dupes and stuff but when the server is basically empty id love to come in and practice however you can't get them because there's no admins on, ofc i understand that this opens up an opportunity to destroy shit up, but it would be good if we could figure out a way to do this, whether its signing some sort of agreement that will make sure we know that if we abuse this we could get banned permabanned or blacklisted etc, and maybe like only trusted members that havent had any sort of minge or abuse related arrests/warns/bans now i cant express enough yes i know that tools are a highly abusable thing, but it would be pre cool if we allowed use of tools as an option just so we dont have to rely on there being an admin or staff member on. personally i dont know if this is even possible but thats what this "discussion" is about...... on an unrelated note does everone have access to the event schedule and what is the best way to make a signature banner on here PS IM THE OF (CO - 17TH SKY CORP)

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

*buys CO position*

*abuses tools and crashes server*

Yeah, nah.

I don't think anyone would spend $70 on a CO position just so they could crash the server

Edited by Hyperion
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hyperion said:

I don't think anyone would spend $70 on a CO position just so they could crash the server

People pay $55 to freely RDM on the server as bounty hunters

  • Haha 1
  • Poggers 4
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

People pay $55 to freely RDM on the server as bounty hunters

*looks at all the dead 501st on the ground in bunks*

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

People pay $55 to freely RDM on the server as bounty hunters

Calm yourself young man, it can be seen as reg diss :)

Also, you can just do "@ tools please - doing training"

Link to post
Share on other sites

With serious consideration in mind this likely won't happen as stated above, though people get CO that doesn't come with a 100% guarantee that they will behave with tools, I agree that it can be a pain but that is how it has always been on the server and I have no issue with that, as for practice with dupe building Sandbox is more or less the same and you don't have to worry about crashing the server by accident. In regards to 2IC's getting tools as well this would not work as well as you would then need to go through all the CL3 ranks and give them tools in the loadout as well which would lead to issues as well.

To sum it up I believe it is fine the way it is and shouldn't need to change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quoting from bailey. It's already easy enough to just ask for the tools when you are of rank to utilise them correctly.

If people misuse their tools they are blacklisted from it, simple as that.

Would be too hard to manage who has access to and dosen't have access to tools if we gave it to all say Majors and CL4+.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be completely honest majority of this question has been answered. However, as Mongo stated it would be harder for the staff team to monitor those with tools if they were already possessing them within their loadout. Engineers are the one exception to this rule as they require it in their general duties. In the past though Engineers have been known to abuse their privilege of receiving tools and thus they were punished accordingly. 

Either way, if people believe they need tools because "there was no staff on" then it mostly means they will abuse them anyway and why would you need them when there are most likely 15 people on the server. So, tools will only be given out under staff supervision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my 2 cents here...

 

Back in 2016, on Poseidon CWRP (before IG started up), those that were 2LT+ were given tools as part of their loadout. Although it WAS abused there, it wasn't overly abusive and quite easy to monitor. Spawned props are logged, they don't get access to Entities or Weapons, and we can just !warn them for Tools abuse. 

 

I recommend instead of giving CO/2IC tools, you just have a builder rank that people can apply for, it's not an application like PAC/Staff that stays up for years but rather, up for a couple days, gets voted by Staff and accepted by Admin+ or something. If they abuse it, they lose builder, easy as.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mauler said:

Just my 2 cents here...

 

Back in 2016, on Poseidon CWRP (before IG started up), those that were 2LT+ were given tools as part of their loadout. Although it WAS abused there, it wasn't overly abusive and quite easy to monitor. Spawned props are logged, they don't get access to Entities or Weapons, and we can just !warn them for Tools abuse. 

 

I recommend instead of giving CO/2IC tools, you just have a builder rank that people can apply for, it's not an application like PAC/Staff that stays up for years but rather, up for a couple days, gets voted by Staff and accepted by Admin+ or something. If they abuse it, they lose builder, easy as.

i like this idea but obvs not up to me

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could meet both sides of the argument and potentially give it to Colonel+. 

1. Donator commanders are less likely to abuse it (as they'll have to wait till Colonel

2. IHC won't give any commander Colonel unless they're already trusted

 

I see both arguments however. In regards to chef's comment, honestly I think bounty hunters should all be given the E11-D and All Access /s

Link to post
Share on other sites

-1. On a server this large allowing people to freely spawn props would definitely result in many, many more crashes. People already are known to abuse tools given to them via @ chat so I just don't believe this is a good idea. It takes 2 seconds to submit a ticket. This way Staff can actually moderate how many props are on the server at any given time etc.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A. Join eng if you really want tools permenantly.

B. it will be hard to monitor tool blacklists if the CO has it.

C. is it that hard to just say: @ can i have tools please. in chat.

D. Join staff if you want it permanently 

-1

Edited by Clover
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mauler said:

I recommend instead of giving CO/2IC tools, you just have a builder rank that people can apply for, it's not an application like PAC/Staff that stays up for years but rather, up for a couple days, gets voted by Staff and accepted by Admin+ or something. If they abuse it, they lose builder, easy as.

YES. this is a much more better and safe alternative

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Co's and 2ICs getting tools makes no sense because why would a CO and 2IC have tools and spawn in sh*t during a battle and has no lore sense for a CO to have building powers always.

2. Also it ruins the point of having engineers because then anyone could spawn in props and build anywhere that is a CO or 2IC.

3. CL2+ Can ask for tools by putting .@ in chat and using them for a valid reason.

4. With Perma tools you could easily abuse them at softrp hours and Serious RP and Can cause a server crash. 

-1 From me.

2 minutes ago, Clover said:
  33 minutes ago, Mauler said:

I recommend instead of giving CO/2IC tools, you just have a builder rank that people can apply for, it's not an application like PAC/Staff that stays up for years but rather, up for a couple days, gets voted by Staff and accepted by Admin+ or something. If they abuse it, they lose builder, easy as.

This is a way better example.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive -1

  1. We already have plenty issues with people having tools who aren't even CL3 yet 
  2. you only need tools for Training, Building of dupes or tryouts unless you're helping with events (Rarely) 
  3. Just ask staff, it's not a hassle 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Leave the building to engineers, the regiment exists for a reason.

 

Quote

I recommend instead of giving CO/2IC tools, you just have a builder rank that people can apply for, it's not an application like PAC/Staff that stays up for years but rather, up for a couple days, gets voted by Staff and accepted by Admin+ or something. If they abuse it, they lose builder, easy as.

Big -1

Only ones that should have tools at all times is staff and engineers, literally no need to take engineers job and niche away from them.

Edited by Fredrick
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea itself does sound promising to an extent, but yeah others have already brought up the complications around all of it.

3 hours ago, Fredrick said:

Only ones that should have tools at all times is staff and engineers, literally no need to take engineers job and niche away from them.

^ Also this 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think hes asking for tools in loadouts so they get used for building shit in events, just like passive rp or training.

 

The way this kind of thing works is that it gets abused for the first couple of day - a week at most. And then it becomes 'meh' and actually gets worked on properly.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Legion said:

With serious consideration in mind this likely won't happen as stated above, though people get CO that doesn't come with a 100% guarantee that they will behave with tools, I agree that it can be a pain but that is how it has always been on the server and I have no issue with that, as for practice with dupe building Sandbox is more or less the same and you don't have to worry about crashing the server by accident. In regards to 2IC's getting tools as well this would not work as well as you would then need to go through all the CL3 ranks and give them tools in the loadout as well which would lead to issues as well.

To sum it up I believe it is fine the way it is and shouldn't need to change.

what he said

 

Edited by Pro
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is already enough procedures in places in relation to tools, the system ain't broke right now so why fix it just send admins a message and you'll get given them, I'm sure they love giving them to you.

Locked.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kumo locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...