STEAM_0:0:58260904
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    Chrissalyn R. Velus
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    1w 4d 4h
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    unknown.png.c58fb023ad5917c1c75d4bef112f0c36.png
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    Negative
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    Negative
  • Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    I have served as moderators three SWRP servers (a long time ago):
    - Imperial Gaming (Stepped down due to personal reasons)
    - Atlas Gaming (Shut down)
    - Fade Gaming (Shut down)

I have also served as a moderator on a TTT server:
    - FatLords Gaming
  • What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
  • I believe that a moderator's main job is similar to that of a Stormtrooper. Their job is to take the front lines and deal with matters that more experienced and or important members should not have to. Petty indifferences or RDM cases being a couple of the many examples. The job is to do what they can to ensure that management and admins are able to do things that require more qualified hands. At the same time, a moderator I believe the closest thing the staff has to connect the player base of users and staff, in the sense that they are similar to NCOs within a regiment. They interact more with the general population of the server doing what they can to entertain and create a more enjoyable environment first hand (Not saying that the higher-ups don't interact but it's not uncommon for someone of a higher qualification to be busy doing developer stuff or dealing with a more serious staff situation). I believe what I have done my best to outline are a few of the many jobs that a moderator is given the responsibility to uphold.

• Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    In my past experiences on Imperial Gaming, I have come across many generations of players. Nowadays I can say that since 2016, I have also come and go, experiencing a few changes in management. I may be the only one who shares this view but in the past, I have felt that the server has been made up of three different entities, staff, management, and the player base. These entities would come together every now and then of course but that would be a very rare occurrence for Christmas or Halloween. Even as a moderator I only really ever spoke to Moose or Trident twice, one of those times being when I was promoted from T-Mod to Mod. Players would often be unaware of what was going on within the staff team and management would be deaf to the wishes of the population. It almost didn't feel right which is one of the few reasons that I ended up getting burnt out and ceasing my activity. It just wasn't a community I was having fun on and I feel like that could be a reason why some of the big faces I have seen have since moved on.

But since joining back, I have already seen such a massive difference, in the first week I had already spoken to nearly all of the management and had gotten to know a few staff members. I found a place in IHCA and have been working to help get that going again with Cracked and Mongo who are doing a much better job than I am. I have heard about the monthly tournaments which are already more than the last management I experienced managed and there is much more interaction between that of the management, staff team, and player base. I feel as if those three entities have all merged together and it has already created such a great environment for me coming back (which was already a bit daunting). This generation of the community is one I would honestly be thankful and proud to be given the opportunity to represent as a moderator.

• What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
  • I myself believe that I can bring a friendly face, It's not much but it's definitely something I look for when I see who applies for T-mod. I haven't used ULX in a very long time (we are talking years here) but I am a quick learner, I do not doubt things have changed but the experience is gained through practice. I have stuff on my plate with work but when I have days off (a few a week) I will be as active as I can be. I hope that I myself can bring maturity and yet not so much so that I am a buzzkill, I like to think that I am responsible and trustworthy but that is up to you to decide. I hope to bring as much as I can offer to the team whether it be a judge of character or someone who can take on as many sits as they can I am willing to take that on as a responsibility on the server. My aim is that as a moderator I can help bring as much enjoyment and fun to the server whilst still keeping it as respectable as I can in my power.

• Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    I myself would first go through the damage logs and then grab the offender's steamID and record it on a doc. I would then take down the names of witnesses or victims and bring them one by one to ask for their POV and record it, as I do not believe in solely trusting logs. Once I have gained sufficient evidence I would take the appropriate action whether that be to ban or warn the person. ( I'll be honest I am not 100% sure of the complete procedure but I believe it has to do with the amount of RDM counts but I am sure I will learn this if I am accepted)

• Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    I would treat this very discreetly, I would once again take down the names of the offenders and the victim. I would bring them all separately and get their POV and record them. I would talk to the Victim about what the offenders said and then possibly bring in another staff member for a second opinion as there could be respectable players involved. (this does not mean I condone their behavior because they are popular but more because it could backfire if a step is skipped.) I would then issue warnings and possibly bans but I would do what I can to ensure that the Victim feels as justified as possible in this matter.

• You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    This is a very serious situation. I have heard stories of whistleblowers being downtrodden which in my eyes is childish and unacceptable. I would do what I can to get witness accounts and if possible recordings of these power abuses. I would then take all that I have straight to management and let them make the disciplinary decision. I would not approach the offender as I do not believe anything would come of it.

• Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    I would immediately contact management. I would then find their information and ban their steamID for an extended period of time. I would also make sure to look out for any account connecting from the same IP to ensure they do not get the opportunity to rejoin on an alternate account. I would make sure I gain as much evidence as I can as this is an extremely serious threat that threatens illegally sharing people's personal details online for the world to see. I would then take any evidence I have to whoever is able to accept it and then allow them to make the final call in the matter.

• Terms & Conditions
    Yes
  • Steam Name:
    [IG] big gay ice cream
Edited by Setsuna
fixed steam name
  • Agree 4
  • Bailey changed the title to Chrissy's Trial-Moderator Application

+1, this application is very well written and it is obvious you took time to write it up as best you can. From what I have seen of you in game you seem like you would be a very good fit to the Moderator team. In addition to this you also have a good amount of previous experience and your scenarios are well thought out and handled.

• Like 1

+1 

Seems like you have the fundamentals & compatibility to be a Moderator, Although I haven't had a lot of encounters with you it looks like you have a great Reputation and have the Qualities of being a Moderator. 

I wish you all the best

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pvtanderson said:

+1, this application is very well written and it is obvious you took time to write it up as best you can. From what I have seen of you in game you seem like you would be a very good fit to the Moderator team. In addition to this you also have a good amount of previous experience and your scenarios are well thought out and handled.

Thank you for the support!

1 hour ago, Binny said:

+1

All my interactions with you have been great, a trust worthy player. You’d represent the staff team well.

good luck!

Thank you! I think I still need to put a hit on that Zuckuss guy btdubs...

51 minutes ago, Kippy said:

+1 

Seems like you have the fundamentals & compatibility to be a Moderator, Although I haven't had a lot of encounters with you it looks like you have a great Reputation and have the Qualities of being a Moderator. 

I wish you all the best

Thanks my man! I will try to find you on the server!

21 minutes ago, Hideyoshi said:

+1

He's extremely responsible and in my time in IHCA he's been great support and a great influence.

Great choice for Trial Moderator!

Good Luck

thanks bb luv you.

10 minutes ago, yeff said:

+1

<3

8 minutes ago, Shepard said:

Idk man, he didn't let us into IHC 👀

+1

no bounty hunters, no shirts, no shoes, no service.

5 minutes ago, Phobia said:

GL!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Pvtanderson said:

What she said ;D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Binny said:

+1

All my interactions with you have been great, a trust worthy player. You’d represent the staff team well.

good luck!

^ He do be a gamer for going in the 501st discord a lot

Edited by Echo
33 minutes ago, Echo said:

^ He do be a gamer for going in the 501st discord a lot

<3 yeah but you love my presence

2 hours ago, Kamelieon said:

What she said ;D 

Thanks brother!

3 hours ago, Mauler said:

This guy’s staff from my era.

+1

Thanks brother, can't say I don't miss the good old days sometimes.

9 hours ago, Mauler said:

This guy’s staff from my era.

+1

12 hours ago, Hideyoshi said:

+1

He's extremely responsible and in my time in IHCA he's been great support and a great influence.

Great choice for Trial Moderator!

Good Luck

+1 This guy said he knew my dad but ^^^  Supportive and active o7 go for gold. 

• Like 1

Met you perhaps a month or two ago and from when you joined IHCA and since then you have only been nice and a good mate to hang  out with. You have shown great commitment and trust to the server and I couldn't think of another deserving person for this role. I have had nothing but positive interactions with you and wish you the best of luck on your application. 
:)

• Like 1
On 10/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, Hamish said:

Thanks bro appreciate it! 

On 10/3/2020 at 1:08 AM, Chris said:

+1 This guy said he knew my dad but ^^^  Supportive and active o7 go for gold. 

<3

6 hours ago, Pro said:

Met you perhaps a month or two ago and from when you joined IHCA and since then you have only been nice and a good mate to hang  out with. You have shown great commitment and trust to the server and I couldn't think of another deserving person for this role. I have had nothing but positive interactions with you and wish you the best of luck on your application. 
:)

thank you thicc daddy big daddy thicc

I'm personally not too familiar with you but between everyone's positive responses, it's clear that many see you as trustworthy and a good addition to the staff team if accepted. Prior experience and the detailed application only add to this.

Best of luck

+1

• Like 1

Brah you're a riot. You were pretty easy to approach and is simply a joy to interact with in both RP and for the innate banter. You've also shown a decent amount of maturity as well and as others say, come off as actually trustworthy.

+1

• Like 1

+1

Nothing negative to say here. Dedicated man in a well-appointed role. Mature, active & friendly. Yet another great pick for the Staff Team.

Best of luck, lad.

- Greyback x

Edited by Greyback
  • Like 1

B U M P E R I N O S

On 10/15/2020 at 3:04 PM, Greyback said:

+1

Nothing negative to say here. Dedicated man in a well-appointed role. Mature, active & friendly. Yet another great pick for the Staff Team.

Best of luck, lad.

- Greyback x

Thanks man good luck to you aswell!

On 10/13/2020 at 6:27 AM, Cammers said:

Brah you're a riot. You were pretty easy to approach and is simply a joy to interact with in both RP and for the innate banter. You've also shown a decent amount of maturity as well and as others say, come off as actually trustworthy.

+1

Aw babe!

On 10/6/2020 at 6:12 PM, SCHEFF said:

+1

no u

On 10/6/2020 at 4:54 PM, PULSE said:

I'm personally not too familiar with you but between everyone's positive responses, it's clear that many see you as trustworthy and a good addition to the staff team if accepted. Prior experience and the detailed application only add to this.

Best of luck

+1

<3