STEAM_0:1:43517781
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • Current In-Character Alias
    Pulse
  • Time Played
    15 weeks
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2237653844
  • What have you learned about PAC since receiving Tier 1?
    Since receiving Tier 1, I’ve gone to learn and furthermore become inventive when it comes to pac3 as a whole. Revising my Sixth Brother pac multiple times with different approaches for improvement, importing models/materials from other games, this being all mainly done through programs including gmad, VTFedit and Object Viewer. I have come to understand that there are many ways in utilising pac and I’m also aware there is still a lot more to learn.
  • Why do you deserve PAC3 Tier 1?
    (I believe the above is meant to say Tier 2) With pac3 Tier 1, I’ve been able showcase my creations but also bring rp to others. Between my Shadow EVO pac based from the Force Unleashed game titles, the “EVO Marine” pac, heavily inspired by the Warhammer 40k universe and finally the Sixth Brother, all three have brought rp to others while also reflecting my own passion. With Tier 2, I believe there will be more chances to go further with these and even improvements given the opportunity with Tier 2.
  • What have you created with PAC since receiving Tier 1?:
    Main ones include the Shadow EVO trooper (Force Unleashed based off), EVO Heavy trooper (Wh40k inspired, poses, imported models), Chaos/Daedric Inquisitor, Custom Death Trooper (Halo models), random event creations (Demonic Jawa) and the Sixth Brother (spinning saber created by Alec, workaround for Proxy which is Tier 3 and idea suggested from me). For Sixth Brother, I’ve utilised Sprites/Sound/Custom Animations to enhance the spinning lightsaber the Inquisitors have which can only be accessed through Tier 2. The sound was tweaked by me through Audacity, aiming for authenticity. I’ll be continuing to upload more past Tier 1 examples and continue creating Tier 2 ones as well.
  • Example 1:
  • Example 2:
    1710952951_Inquisitor-Combined.jpg.f100c9cd279a07e992e81cdc840a40a9.jpg
  • Example 3:
    2031546871_EvoTerminator4.jpg.d772f0a0d0cb9cc09168ae2c51528660.jpg
  • Example 4:
    564016873_InquisitorCorruptedOrb.jpg.95774be5e22027f484b4fff17d321786.jpg
  • Example 5:
    1580883970_DeathTrooper(Command-Pose2).jpg.d353af4e77f1b694660b054e2ce2e15a.jpg

Bumped - Additions below:

Spoiler

Tier 2 example additions: A Halloween-related creation with a simple addition/tweaking of Jiggle, to give the cursed hybrid realistic movement alongside the running animation I gave it. 

Crabkin.thumb.jpg.78c435376c3c78ba421b48f12bbbce38.jpg

Use of Projectiles (removed damage/collision) to give "Force Sense" a different approach instead of the current repulse animation. The ball is meant to seek out cloaked individuals rp-wise

Spoiler

Older Tier 1-related creations I've made. The first being an inspired recreation of the Shadow EVO from the Force Unleashed games

1610519150_ShadowEVOTrooper.thumb.jpg.fab86e1ad67176e107bdb3d13f8811ce.jpg

Blaster shield made to reflect the ones from the BF2 game, disappears when health drops below 50

20201004224340_1.thumb.jpg.0f5bc65b11d115dc19abd1b89a2a7818.jpg

Shadow Heavy PAC3 with a modified turret 

20201004225828_1.thumb.jpg.d4831a6f0a6af612832c45b069c18fec.jpg

Bump (New Stuff) 

Spoiler

Sixth Brother Meditation (Utilises Sprites, Sound and Jiggle)

In the meditation state, the planets orbit around the player but through a workaround method instead of proxy which is Tier 3. Has a start up Sound and two of the planets have Jiggle to give them a bit of drag so it doesn't all look too static. Not too obvious below so I will be changing that a little and adding a Custom Animation.

Sixth Brother - Saber Spin Motion (Custom Animation / Sound / Sprites)

Forgot to add this last time, but it's the modified Saber Spin when moving. Will be aiming to recreate the scuffed helicopter ability they use in Rebels next

Spoiler

Random Tier 2 Creation - "Sixth Army Marines" (Sounds / Jiggle)

Just a fun random thing, the Sixth Army guys in a Warthog from Halo that I wanted to make. The gun has two modes (Blue - Moving / Red- Stationary), passenger changes combat stance and a few other things you will be able to see from the video showcase. I gave the barrel Jiggle to give it some motion/look of recoil when firing

The shadow and flashlight weren't hiding themselves for some reason so ignore all that

1224406317_SixthArmyMarines2.thumb.jpg.d6fab09c0811a6b4948bbc25d5b0ff02.jpg

Bump (New Stuff 2) 

Spoiler

AT-MP (Custom Vehicle Playermodel with Animations) - Uses Experimental Entity, Model and Sound 

AT-MP was more or less an AT-ST but with rockets for arms and a gun under its chin. I remember it mainly from TFU and it's got a few different appearances so I aimed for something in between the screenshots below.

ATMP.png.b19adcd4ab2e0fd76c482109b897e322.pngAT-MP-SW_Rebels_Recon_Missions.thumb.png.bfabe2d02ee4189d7aeb66dd90846971.png

Spoiler

Death Trooper PAC3 + Halo 3 Animations (Uses Experimental Entity, Model, Bone)

Rigged my old DT PAC with Halo 3 Animations ported from the workshop, I did this through the use of the Experimental parts in PAC. Gives it a bit of life and adjustment to the base Gmod look that's a little stale. I'm looking at trying Halo Reach animations next for different troopers but that will be a bit more complex.

Spoiler

Custom Event Characters (Experimental Entity and Model, Animations) 

I made two characters for use in event, the first being for Inquisitorious-related stuff including promo's/missions etc. Using Starkiller's TFU model as a base through Experimental Entity, I tweaked with it enough to change it into a different look. 

20201016143151_1.thumb.jpg.d811004038a968a0ebd75085fbfa4b62.jpg

Second is another TFU port, the current Rebel's on the server are probably overly common for about everyone now so I picked up the Militia guys from TFU. It is meant to serve as a Heavy Rebel or Commander in rp. (Shield drops below 50hp, adjusted turret for heavy weapons, Halo 3 Animations, has a death sequence) 

20201020013834_1.thumb.jpg.eab7e7a2718b5e8fcbfc791f181eef74.jpg20201020014049_1.thumb.jpg.55c135c71d5287f15d897aa063b2986d.jpg

Edited by PULSE
Bump
  • Upvote 3
  • PULSE changed the title to Pulse's PAC3 Tier 2 Application

+1

• Good pac user, However there is one specific other sci-fi series that seems to be a very heavy inspiration in your pac creations, not to say that's bad but you know.... this is star wars 
  • Active and Mature 
  • Friendly and would use tier 2 to further bite my fingers off
  • Good pac examples and usage. 
  • Poggers 1

+1

• Despite the lack of Tier 2 Examples that I can see from the images, I believe Pulse deserves Tier 2 nonetheless.
  • Pulse has proven time and time again with his unique twist on his personal PAC's that he understands the Editor to a sufficient level.
  • Additionally, Pulse has in the past been able to utilise his PAC skills to assist with RP situations and enhance RP for those around him.
  • Lastly, the application has satisfactory detail.

- Auzii

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Auzii said:

+1

• Despite the lack of Tier 2 Examples that I can see from the images, I believe Pulse deserves Tier 2 nonetheless.
  • Pulse has proven time and time again with his unique twist on his personal PAC's that he understands the Editor to a sufficient level.
  • Additionally, Pulse has in the past been able to utilise his PAC skills to assist with RP situations and enhance RP for those around him.

- Auzii

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Auzii said:

+1

- Auzii

+1

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Auzii said:

+1

- Auzii

+1

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 4:43 PM, Auzii said:

+1

What he said <3

• Like 1

Big +1

Pulse, the mad lad, the bestest RPer lad. He's done more than enough in his time on the server and as a PAC user to demonstrate his knowledge and experience of the utility, and his ability to effectively use it in RP scenarios. Responses are sufficient and his Tier 2 examples look excellent; I'm excited to see what he could potentially pull off with Tier 2 on the server.

Best of luck, lad.

- Greyback x

Edited by Greyback
  • Poggers 1