Got a quick question about lore

Lore Wise, placing the server in a specific year/time period has always been iffy due to the amount of restrictions which would need to be placed on content if a specific year/time period was chosen. With the Rough Idea being the server is set in a 'Rouge One Based' Period in between the Years 5 BBY to 0 BBY, as a way to allow a majority of the server's content in terms of regiments and groups to still exist and not draw contradictions. Best example of this is Grand Admiral Thrawn and the Inquisitors being on the server, if we declared the server to be set at a specific year during Rogue One both the GA and INQ would of been killed/kidnapped by space whales.

To sum it up to make sound less confusing

Server's Set Prior to the Events of Rouge One in between '5 BBY and 0 BBY'.

*Edit*

Found an old IG Spreadsheet which sums up it best when taking about the 'IG' Timeline, with it placing the server between 1-2 BBY, which still has a few issues with the example being the GI dying a year prior.

Edited by Arkan
Spreadsheet Edit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, Arkan said:

Lore Wise, placing the server in a specific year/time period has always been iffy due to the amount of restrictions which would need to be placed on content if a specific year/time period was chosen. With the Rough Idea being the server is set in a 'Rouge One Based' Period in between the Years 5 BBY to 0 BBY, as a way to allow a majority of the server's content in terms of regiments and groups to still exist and not draw contradictions. Best example of this is Grand Admiral Thrawn and the Inquisitors being on the server, if we declared the server to be set at a specific year during Rogue One both the GA and INQ would of been killed/kidnapped by space whales.

To sum it up to make sound less confusing

Server's Set Prior to the Events of Rouge One in between '5 BBY and 0 BBY'.

*Edit*

Found an old IG Spreadsheet which sums up it best when taking about the 'IG' Timeline, with it placing the server between 1-2 BBY, which still has a few issues with the example being the GI dying a year prior.

Thank youuuuuu!

The real question is how does server lore differ from established Star Wars Canon/Legends lore?

I know events such as the destruction of the Rishi Moon base have carried on to be staple events in the server's history, but don't necessarily hold true outside of the server. Would love to know if there are any other examples (i.e. Death of Moff Nile Owen, a Legends character)

• Thinking 1
2 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

The real question is how does server lore differ from established Star Wars Canon/Legends lore?

I know events such as the destruction of the Rishi Moon base have carried on to be staple events in the server's history, but don't necessarily hold true outside of the server. Would love to know if there are any other examples (i.e. Death of Moff Nile Owen, a Legends character)

In regards to this, the server aims to stick to canon lore as much as possible. With the main exception to that canon lore rule being it broken if so provides unique/interesting content for the server. Best example of this is properly Rishi Moon base due to it providing a ton options for the server in terms of being a staple rotation map, but issues regarding it's existence in lore. With legends materiel not being canon to the server it is usually played around with to better fit the server, allowing for a ton of freedom. With Legends usually being my inspiration for events, by taking them and adapting ideas and aspects from them for the server. With the Moff Owen along with a ton of other ideas being established on the server due to them usually being better and more interesting then the canon stuff.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

This is an especially good point to make with the Inquisitors. The way that I think is optimal to play lore characters for example depends on the character and player. Kallus for example is within server lore, a rebel at this point, yet the Grand Inquisitor is still alive and the Sovereign (the ISD that was destroyed during the GI's death) still exists despite these things being the wrong way round. I think a certain player agency comes in at this point. When I was Kallus and interacting with the GI, I merely bushed it off as him having nearly died but just escaping.

Other inquisitors like the Second Sister, Sixth Brother and Tenth Brother are already long dead but still appear on the server. There's obvious problems with certain inquisitors not having died within server lore, like the Sixth as otherwise Asoka wouldn't have her signature white sabers. Others like the Ninth sister can be brushed off as she wasn't dealt a wound that we can say with any certainty could have killed her, (I personally am going for the Ninth and want to pac in a robotic hand to replace the one that Cal cut off). Essentially the way I look at it, is that while all of the important fights happened in which we saw inquisitors killed, ever one of them resulted in them being defeated but surviving the battles if just only.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spoiler for those who care about very recent comics and do not want them spoiled

Spoiler
11 hours ago, yeff said:

This is an especially good point to make with the Inquisitors. The way that I think is optimal to play lore characters for example depends on the character and player. Kallus for example is within server lore, a rebel at this point, yet the Grand Inquisitor is still alive and the Sovereign (the ISD that was destroyed during the GI's death) still exists despite these things being the wrong way round. I think a certain player agency comes in at this point. When I was Kallus and interacting with the GI, I merely bushed it off as him having nearly died but just escaping.

To comment on what Yeff has posted. Keep in mind this is from what I believe the comic is telling us as I know I have seen some people with differing opinions and theories.

Within the latest Star wars comic about Luke it was confirmed that the Grand inquisitor is still somewhat living during the time of episode 5 and possibly even further in the future. The grand inquisitor obviously died on the Sovereign but his sould or midichlorians or whatever as it hasn't been confirmed has been tied to one of two objects (again it is currently unknown what or how this happened) either a Jedi Guard temple or my personal theory the Grand inquisitor's old Temple guard saber. 
He appears as some kind of force ghost that is burning and can experience pain and can be physically harmed still but he cannot die.  Similar to the mask that vader used to construct his temple (Can't remember the name right now.). 
Now if Vader has done this with the grand inquisitor what is to say that he didn't do it with other inquisitors and trapped them in limbo for their failures similarly to the grand inquisitor.

I do have an idea of how this could be potentially utilised within the server and somewhat fit within lore. Due to most of this sith revival and soul binding thing not being known as to how it works we could easily come up with our own ideas for how it works on the server. 
For example why not say that yeah it did happen on the server. But, regular troopers are unaware that these inquisitors have died and are unable to see that they are dead due to them not being force sensetive. 

But hey, that's just a theory

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Joel said:

I do have an idea of how this could be potentially utilised within the server and somewhat fit within lore. Due to most of this sith revival and soul binding thing not being known as to how it works we could easily come up with our own ideas for how it works on the server. 

Spoiler

Time to bring back Sith Marauders and the Knights of Zakuul