Why did the good regs get removed?

Alright might be a dumb question but I just had this thought, during the army overhaul time and all that I wasn't active within the community so I have no idea when the changes happened or why.

So does anybody know the reason regs like JT, Rancor, SCAR, 996th & all the jazz got either removed or replaced? Like was it a lore thing or something cause I genuinely have no idea. Personally I preferred these regiments over the current army regiments and i'm not sure if it's just a nostalgic factor or idk maybe just the models looked cooler but yeah why heck removed?

• Agree 2

Rancor and SCAR got removed because of lack of people within the regiment and lack of popularity if I recall correctly.

JT is still present on the server, they just had their names changed drastically and loadouts reworked. However I preferred the regiment when it was just called Jump Troopers and their old loadout myself.

996th I believe got removed and replaced with the 374th Heavy Regiment which was led by Tinky. when it was removed 975th formed into Nova  Troopers and took their place.

It all seems a bit pointless if you ask me. to  remove a regiment just to make another take their place. However the 975th into Nova was already a pre-existing regiment with people in it so that's more of a reason.

A lot of regiments get removed due to literally everyone leaving a regiment forcing it to get disbanded; unless it is a donation regiment like Sky or Shadow.

• Upvote 1

Well the reason that I and many other people got told during the army overhall was for 2 reasons

1. There was too manny regiments and most of them barely got any members.

2. Those that were in charge of the overhall wanted a more 'Lore friendly' army with legions and 6th army

Scout and 6th also got removed/disbanded because none of the regiments in 439th were able to any new players despite constant recruiting efforts for the whole time that they were individual regiments.

Hammer and a few others, wanted "Rp" on the server 
when in result regiments with exciting and interesting rp got cut 

374th does not apply to this. Yeah, a Normal "Reinforcement regiment" that Guarded IHC, Security, Evo's job, Medics job and engineers job?
cringe. 

All the Fan favourite regiments we had for a long time on the server got cut
you can argue they didn't do much but, in a sense. A lot of regiments could work together with their overlapping role play, Like evo, shore and ICs demolitions knowledge could've worked together. 

Just seemed a whole lot of bullheckle to me, Instead of dealing with the lack-lusted regiments, "they" just got rid of them 
Also Most regiments were doing fine
212th and Arc were fine prior to the changes
Scar and Shadow managed to get along 

Edited by Delta
  • Angry 1
1 hour ago, Sinatra said:

Ayo just like bring back ARC yeah k thanks this is my official request, also bring back 996th like those bois sexy AF like what hell man Nova who?

This wouldn't have to do with you being in ARC for a while would it?

9 minutes ago, Parcy said:

When nobody mentions 224th

It was a good reg i swear we did lots of rp like stand next to tanks (once a month when a tank trooper was on in 2019)

It was a good laugh doing bunk inspections on 224th

13 minutes ago, Parcy said:

When nobody mentions 224th

It was a good reg i swear we did lots of rp like stand next to tanks (once a month when a tank trooper was on in 2019)

I'm sorry parcy <3 

7 hours ago, Sinatra said:

Rancor, SCAR, 996th

CompForce does all of these jobs at once, they're elite special forces, who can cloak, who guard high value targets. Why would you ever want to join these regiments if you can do the same thing in another regiment?

Regiments just need to have their thing and be done with it, specialities are special for a reason.

• Facepalm 1
  • Agree 1

Reasons for why regiments got removed:

• They were unique
  • They were popular
  • They were cool
  • They were active

What they hoped to get out of this:

• Making people like the less populated regiments

• Thinking 1
  • Agree 2
4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

CompForce does all of these jobs at once, they're elite special forces, who can cloak, who guard high value targets. Why would you ever want to join these regiments if you can do the same thing in another regiment?

Regiments just need to have their thing and be done with it, specialities are special for a reason.

3 popular and healthy army regiments got removed and replaced with a Militia that is under the control of COMPNOR and COMPNOR only.
Sounds like a great idea, right?

Edited by wflizzi
  • Thinking 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, Bailey said:

Compforce should of been disbanded when Coalition of Progress died since it was there job to guard CoP. CP = DT 2.0

• Shocked 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
30 minutes ago, Galle said:

Compforce should of been disbanded when Coalition of Progress died since it was there job to guard CoP. CP = DT 2.0

Just a thing I wanted to add it wasn't CF job to guard CoP when I was in CF we did nothing with the CoP and when we did we were ordered by a higher up to do so.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Delta said:

374th does not apply to this. Yeah, a Normal "Reinforcement regiment" that Guarded IHC, Security, Evo's job, Medics job and engineers job?
cringe. 

ok shore trooper

keep those beaches safe

cringe

• Poggers 1
33 minutes ago, Welly said:

ok shore trooper

keep those beaches safe

cringe

lol
Legit your regiment was allowed to have knowledge in any field of expertise even though it was a reinforcement regiment. 
the only thing it reinforced was exclusivity.   

• Disagree 1