How to play Shyrack Missions (D&D Style Game)

Howdy all, 

I know I don't usually post on the forums but thought people would like this. About a year ago, probably longer, while I was in PT, @Jay Lamar introduced us to a DnD style role play game he made in which we played out missions as our IG characters and hunted down Jedi and such. I really didn't like DnD at the time, but this was super simple to learn, fun and most (if not all) the Inquis boys loved it. These were later called 'Shyrack' missions, named after the INQT ship some of the old boys created. Word got around and a few people either wanted to get involved and create some RP for us or do their own sessions. So with all this talk of people wanting to see more RP, I started writing up a small handbook of this game so everyone else can do some cool RP without having to be a genius with tools. It's really simple, its a watered down DnD 'theater of the mind' style role play game in which players and game masters (GMs) use /roll in-game to determine what your character can do. I highly recommend you have a read of this, get your regiment together (or a group of mates) and try running at least one of these sessions. They go for around 2-3 hours and is just something different and fun for your regiment to do.

Here's the handbook:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sTqDMECD4YLmYtsZ_tsMz6o7aHTHtOJXHU7XF14lWxQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any questions, let me know. Hope yous enjoy it!

Edited by Braino
  • Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Braino changed the title to How to play Shyrack Missions (D&D Style Game)

I remember vaguely participating in a strictly PT based DnD mission after the initial introduction run by Jay. It was quite a unique and fun experience, as Jay was quite immersive in the ways he played his role as the GM.

I would be thrilled to redo similar things like these again, as I was minorly exposed to it, but it has a lot of possibilities outside of just the roleplay and experience.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Mongo said:

I remember vaguely participating in a strictly PT based DnD mission after the initial introduction run by Jay. It was quite a unique and fun experience, as Jay was quite immersive in the ways he played his role as the GM.

I agree. Man is the goat of DM's.

5 hours ago, Mongo said:

I would be thrilled to redo similar things like these again, as I was minorly exposed to it, but it has a lot of possibilities outside of just the roleplay and experience.

eyes_1f440.png.34ecab92e2974a58beca6cc7ba569451.png

16 hours ago, yeff said:

eyes_1f440.png.34ecab92e2974a58beca6cc7ba569451.png

22 hours ago, Mongo said:

Always up to run one and show how its done