Firstly, I'd like to state that this report is an entirely neutral level discussion where arguing back & forth doesn't necessarily prove either side being in the right or wrong, it's just extremely childish & quite disappointing especially considering some members are Staff. Mongo has simply expressed his concern for a current member of Staff that he believes has abused his/her power for self benefit, which he believes should be punished justly.

With that out of the way, the Report itself is quite difficult. Yes, people have quoted that, in the past, previous/current members of Staff have been punished for a lot worse, however some have been punished for less. So, here are my two cents.

AT-ST Scenario:

There will always be the discussion of whether this was IC or OOC, both sides bringing up relevant points as to why he should/shouldn't have it. The player count had proven that it was above 20, which is theoretically still within RP hours. The footage did display a large group of people idling around the Training area, usually a primary factor of non RP & people looking to chill/relax. As to why Pickle spawned the AT-ST in the first place is unknown, the Inquisitorious & a Medical trooper can be seen attacking Pickle in video's 1 & 2. To me it simply appears as though he's trying to protect himself against an attack. However, I will admit that he did go over the top, evident from Delta having to step in & removing the AT-ST quoting that "He was trying to give a tour". 

The 'Physgun Abuse':

The way Mongo has worded it is very concerning, considering these are the actions of a Senior Moderator & is clearly physgun abuse. With Pickle breaking the ice on this one, & admitting to have handled it badly, there's two question that come to mind. Why were they flung into the air & What warranted it? I've never seen a Staff member fling someone into the air just to bring them back down because they were "being stupid". Same applies for Delta. It just seemed unwarranted & un-needed, which Pickle has testified & apologised for doing. 

Ion Distruptor:

This is the one I've been eagerly eyeing. I'm not going to go into an absurd amount of detail, considering Scheff has come forth & laid out clear evidence, but this, THIS, is Abuse of Power. From changing roles on the server to spawning absurd weapons for a 'Killing spree' is completely ridiculous. Obviously both Mongo & Scheff are/were frustrated at Pickle, in which I respond with "Why shouldn't they be?" On top of this, I found this to catch my eye:

"What Pickle did was frustrating and unacceptable, and while I have not seen any repeat of this situation, in-game at least, I know he freely RDMs during soft-rp, not caring what players are doing or feeling, even went complained to."

Considering Scheff is typically one of the late nighters on the server, I've no doubt that he would now lie to merely 'screw over Pickle'. 

Conclusion:

People may agree or disagree with me, by all means I'm simply stating what I've made of these situations. To me, there's really only one scenario that stands out from the crowd, that being the 'Ion Disruptor'. The AT-ST & Physgun are minor, however there's always the question as to Why it was done in the first place & for what reason. I'm sure Pickle had his reasoning, & at the time it may have seemed like a good idea, but even the small things can bite back.

• Agree 3
  • Upvote 9

I aint sure why I attacked, I apologise, I saw everyone else playing up before under 20 players and I guessed it was soft RP.
Mid way I stopped cause I think I realized it was 27 ppl left, but then he started shooting at me when I was un-ignited.

+/-, I think this was personally made a bigger deal then it was. At the time a lot of ppl just started soft RP early so I guess it was on all of us like literally mongo just electro staffed a guy 0:59 and Jim sniped a ST Private with the turrets from where he was 1:07, both parties were wrong. The ION disrupter seems to be the real issue here.

Edited by KevinM
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, KevinM said:

+/-, I think this was personally made a bigger deal then it was. At the time a lot of ppl just started soft RP early so I guess it was on all of us like literally mongo just electro staffed a guy 0:59 and Jim sniped a ST Private with the turrets from where he was 1:07, both parties were wrong. The ION disrupter seems to be the real issue here.

No one had a issue with the AT ST ( or whatever it is ) The only issue here is something there is no proof for. i  think the worst that comes out of this is a week probation period. and it is even more confusing that you can record this but not the one that is actually heavily against server rules

Edited by Clover
35 minutes ago, Clover said:

No one had a issue with the AT ST ( or whatever it is ) The only issue here is something there is no proof for. i  think the worst that comes out of this is a week probation period. and it is even more confusing that you can record this but not the one that is actually heavily against server rules

What is confusing about it. I never anticipated pickle to abuse the first time we encountered it 'the ion disruptor incident' I did not have any recording software running on my game. with the only proof of his misdeeds being recounted by myself and scheff with some small screenshots about the abuse. I recorded the AT-ST as more of supporting onto the other two as it was clear that he wasn't changing his attitude on how he was handling his role in the staff team. Since I was aware that pickle was doing more abusive things I actually began utilising shadow plays instant replay feature in the event that anything happened again.

3 minutes ago, Mongo said:

What is confusing about it. I never anticipated pickle to abuse the first time we encountered it 'the ion disruptor incident' I did not have any recording software running on my game. with the only proof of his misdeeds being recounted by myself and scheff with some small screenshots about the abuse. I recorded the AT-ST as more of supporting onto the other two as it was clear that he wasn't changing his attitude on how he was handling his role in the staff team. Since I was aware that pickle was doing more abusive things I actually began utilising shadow plays instant replay feature in the event that anything happened again.

i still think that there is no where near enough evidense for anything to happen because we are just going of what people are saying. yes he propably should not have spawned in that AT ST but that still doesnt prove that that he did that to you with the iron disrupter. if there was more evidense of other imature things he has done as a staff member than it would be a very very different story. Everyone is innocent untill proven Guilty and i still think pickle is innocent as there is no heavy proof on him going against the servers rules. this should be a closed post as there is nothing showing pickle in the wrong other than of a 3rd party source of evidense that can't be proven.

1 minute ago, Clover said:

i still think that there is no where near enough evidense for anything to happen because we are just going of what people are saying. yes he propably should not have spawned in that AT ST but that still doesnt prove that that he did that to you with the iron disrupter. if there was more evidense of other imature things he has done as a staff member than it would be a very very different story. Everyone is innocent untill proven Guilty and i still think pickle is innocent as there is no heavy proof on him going against the servers rules. this should be a closed post as there is nothing showing pickle in the wrong other than of a 3rd party source of evidense that can't be proven.

Stathi brought up a lot of evidence, however has since removed his posts about it. Yes I will say that sure we are going off of what people said, but myself and scheff are quite long term members of the community. however that being said I in no way shape or form mean to say this in any sort of bias way. But I view myself and Scheff as trusted members of the community. a lot of people value our views and I cannot stress this enough but lying about such events would be subjection to moderation by staff. You are overlooking a lot of things that have been said by members of the community and other screenshots. Stathi had posted a video which I still have access to of what appears to be Pickle helping someone minge on the server and further abusing his powers to prevent him from receiving moderation. However Stathi has since removed the video and returned to a neutral response. Yes we don't have much to go off of on the Ion Disruptor than two accounts from Myself and Scheff. and some minor screenshots that scheff had of him that night. You should re-read Luigi's post and the post scheff made before concluding that there isn't any evidence of the ion incident.

• Thinking 1
8 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Yes I will say that sure we are going off of what people said, but myself and scheff are quite long term members of the community. however that being said I in no way shape or form mean to say this in any sort of bias way. But I view myself and Scheff as trusted members of the community. a lot of people value our views and I cannot stress this enough but lying about such events would be subjection to moderation by staff. 

Look Mongo a demotion in staff is something that needs heavy proof. it would be very unprofessional so demote someone in staff by going of someones word because we have evidense of a somewhat failure on both sides and then we have stathi's video that is beyond 3 months ago ( you can tell by the UI customisation Pre server change to the dedication server ). this to me is not enough for a demotion in staff, i am not calling you a liar mongo but basing a punishment of your word is not enough so if you could make a more reasonable punishment suggestion like a staff warning or a probation period, that would be very balanced punishment for both sides for you and pickle.

2 minutes ago, Clover said:

Look Mongo a demotion in staff is something that needs heavy proof. it would be very unprofessional so demote someone in staff by going of someones word because we have evidense of a somewhat failure on both sides and then we have stathi's video that is beyond 3 months ago ( you can tell by the UI customisation Pre server change to the dedication server ). this to me is not enough for a demotion in staff, i am not calling you a liar mongo but basing a punishment of your word is not enough so if you could make a more reasonable punishment suggestion like a staff warning or a probation period, that would be very balanced punishment for both sides for you and pickle.

If you re-read the posts correctly, you would have seen that I originally stated I was looking for a demotion, but at this point any punishment I was contempt with as this behaviour is unacceptable of a senior staff member.

31 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Stathi brought up a lot of evidence, however has since removed his posts about it. Yes I will say that sure we are going off of what people said, but myself and scheff are quite long term members of the community. however that being said I in no way shape or form mean to say this in any sort of bias way. But I view myself and Scheff as trusted members of the community. a lot of people value our views and I cannot stress this enough but lying about such events would be subjection to moderation by staff. You are overlooking a lot of things that have been said by members of the community and other screenshots. Stathi had posted a video which I still have access to of what appears to be Pickle helping someone minge on the server and further abusing his powers to prevent him from receiving moderation. However Stathi has since removed the video and returned to a neutral response. Yes we don't have much to go off of on the Ion Disruptor than two accounts from Myself and Scheff. and some minor screenshots that scheff had of him that night. You should re-read Luigi's post and the post scheff made before concluding that there isn't any evidence of the ion incident.

Stathi's evidence has been removed and is no longer relevant to the report itself due to reasons of a personal matter that occurred during that time (Around 3-4 months) ago. If you'd like to know more you are free to contact myself in this regard.

• Upvote 1

Before i start this I want to state i have nothing against Pickle or anyone involved.

@Cain and I were dealing with an in character issue that turned into an OOC staff sit. When cain called for the admin sit @Pickle took the sit although he was involved within the situation in character. He didnt listen to @Cain point of view at all. He simple told us No then left. Me and cain then went to gusky after this situation where he told us he would talk to pickle.

Edited by Frosty__
  • Thinking 1
36 minutes ago, Frosty__ said:

Before i start this I want to state i have nothing against Pickle or anyone involved.

@Cain and I were dealing with an in character issue that turned into an OOC staff sit. When cain called for the admin sit @Pickle took the sit although he was involved within the situation in character. He didnt listen to @Cain point of view at all. He simple told us No then left. Me and cain then went to gusky after this situation where he told us he would talk to pickle.

Can you explain the issue in more detail please? like what did he say no to?

1 hour ago, Clover said:

Can you explain the issue in more detail please? like what did he say no to?

Cain put in an admin ticket and pickle took the ticket. We were all at the holo table and he tp'd to the other side of the table to take the ticket then told cain that it wasn't a mod issue and pretty much told us he was wrong for making the ticket and then closed the ticket. We brought it too gusky who told us he would talk to him and it was wrong of him to take the  ticket when he was involved in the situation

• Thinking 2
3 minutes ago, Frosty__ said:

Cain put in an admin ticket and pickle took the ticket. We were all at the holo table and he tp'd to the other side of the table to take the ticket then told cain that it wasn't a mod issue and pretty much told us he was wrong for making the ticket and then closed the ticket. We brought it too gusky who told us he would talk to him and it was wrong of him to take the  ticket when he was involved in the situation

no i meant what was the IC issue.

1 hour ago, Clover said:

no i meant what was the IC issue.

The issue is irrelevant as no matter what it was it turned into a sit. Pickle was involved in said scenario and shouldn’t have taken the ticket.

please keep this on topic. 

6 hours ago, Frosty__ said:

I wouldn’t have taken the ticket I stated in admin chat at the time I’m involved I can’t take it no one responded after about 30-40 seconds and I’m pretty sure that’s near how long the claims are up for I took it and went to him saying what happened was RP and to be kept in character - from what I remember the ticket was about Roy’s doing something while standing next to them

• Wingza locked this topic