Delta Staff Report

Information

Name of the staff member: Delta

Regiment: Medical troopers

Staff position: Moderator 

Date: 26/08/2020

People who were there: Josh, Sinatra, Clover, Delta

Events causing this report

Around two weeks ending on the 26/08/2020 I was playing Gmod with my brother TOM [Crofty] and I was telling him about what has changed on the server since he left, then he was asking about what kind of regiments he should join so he went into the /ooc chat and said something like "Any regiments doing tryouts" then the Medical trooper CLOVER click his bind for the Medical trooper advert, then I went to !p my brother saying that "don't join Medical troopers they are Fuc*ing G*y" but said it to CLOVER by accident, after this CLOVER was PMing me saying that wasn't nice and all which I understand, so I said sorry to CLOVER.

In my opinion this part was my mistake and I take full regret of my actions and I think that saying that to CLOVER would be an RP situation because it would be Regiment Disrespect but it doesn't mean that a Staff member need to tell me to shut the F up and multiple swear words.

Around two weeks later 26/08/2020 on Rishimoon I went into the Medical bay to check up and see how was everyone going, then saw CLOVER kill a Medical trooper but was an [OOC problem] after we talked I went to leave the Medical bay and saw DELTA with his phys gun out, I said admin abuse to Delta as a joke [I always say this to staff members you can speak to JIM PICKLE about this] So after I said that and walked outside CLOVER said "That's not Admin abuse" and then called me retarded, I said don't call me retarded then CLOVER said don't call Medical troopers Fuc*king G*y.

After this Delta heard this what clover said and pulled me up for it.

Here is the clip [Audio only]

After this staff sit of Delta being rude to me I felt very disrespected by this staff member and I am having doubts about how the Staff team acts.

Like I have told you I am very sorry for my actions but I think that by saying the the Medical troopers are G*y would be a RP situation and be a AOS offence under Regimental disrespect but if I'm wrong please tell me, I am not the only one on the server who has said such things about the Medical troopers, many have said such things in OOC as well, as CLOVER said "you are going around the server" I only said that to my brother no one else.

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 11

This is bad, the situation 2 weeks ago seemed to have been resolved, but the fact that Clover brought it up again seems like there was buried tension.

Was @Clover punished at all for saying that you were retarded?

The way Delta went about the Admin sit is bad. But why was there an admin sit at all?

Was it called up by Clover about the Reg Dis from 2 weeks ago? If so, 2 weeks delay is a long time to call an admin.

Was it called up by Cozmo requesting that Clover get  punished for his transgression. 

Honestly, I call anyone and everyone minges all the time and its usually ironic, because it's from me. So I doubt that Delta took offence to it.

• Agree 2

+1

Thank you for bringing this up, several hours have passed since this incident and I didn't think it would end well. 

Relating my actions I can understand how you feel from a user's perspective, a staff member screaming and swearing at you for something so stupid. 
Lets start, I can agree I swore too much for my own good and the good of others I can Admit that. things haven't been the best as of late. Time to openly say this in public, but I have had a serious concern of younger members of our community being harassed and bullied, if i had not chosen to address these concerns this situation wouldn't of happened. 

However from a perspective I hold upon certain members of the community, I have serious Concerns to how People are treating people who are seriously younger than them. thus I have labelled you someone to watch for in OOC and IC when Interacting with younger members of IG. Though I don't have any proof to show why I have labelled you as a member to look out for, I had spent the last week and a half dealing with most people either complaining to me about younger members or trying to get a reaction from the younger members in OOC. The tension is not great.

I can admit to being in the wrong for swearing as extensively as I did and as a result I should be in trouble for that, as I should be setting a better example being a Moderator.

-Delta 
Edit: I acted so harshly because I assumed Cozmo was trying to piss off clover on purpose to get a reaction.

Edited by Delta
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Upvote 3

To begin,

I am disappointed on both ends here, firstly. Delta acted rashly, and has had a past of this in which he has been told time and time again, to take an LOA in order to chill out for a while. Ignoring this, he has slowly become more and more frustrated with how some people treat others on the Server and how many regiments / people are viewed. He has expressed this multiple times in the Staff Discord over the past couple Weeks and especially since he has joined Medics.

Now, you saying to your brother via a PM not to join medics because they are "fucking gay" is outright vile to me, on top of this, you then claim you accidentally sent it to Clover and claimed you sorted it out. However, in the video it shows that it wasn't completely fixed since he retaliated prior to the video starting and said "Don't call medics fucking gay".

Throughout the video Delta does say some things not becoming of a Staff Member such as "Shut the fuck up" and the like, however, your tone and the tone of this report has me understanding why he was so frustrated in the first place, with lines such as "Its a God damn videogame", "It was meant to be a joke", "I think that by saying the the Medical troopers are G*y would be a RP situation and be a AOS offence under Regimental disrespect."

Continuing, all three of these lines are either wrong, misguided or both. The first one about it only being a videogame isn't the point, you attacked medics by insulting them, it stopped being a videogame when you started speaking about people outside of the video game space.
Next, it wasn't meant to be a joke, don't act like it was. You were insulting an entire regiment while on the Server, if it was a joke you would've told your brother that it was, which you haven't claimed to do nor do I believe you have done.
Thirdly, the word 'fucking' is not a word in the Star Wars Universe, I am unsure about gay, but I am fairly sure it isn't either. None of this would make me believe that you meant it in RP, especially since your character, a member of pilots wouldn't tell a random person not to join the Medics because they're "fucking gay".

In conclusion,

While Delta swore and should be punished, as this isn't how Staff are supposed to act, especially in a sit such as this one where it involves his regiment and is out of the blue. I believe you should likewise, receive a punishment alongside the regimental disrespect rules in either a warn or a ban from the Server temporarily. It doesn't matter if others have said it (though, if proof is presented, they can be punished), it doesn't absolve you.

Regards,

- Bailey

• Poggers 1
  • Agree 4
  • Upvote 2

The regiment disrespect is actually disgusting, even if you were only trying to send it to Brother. Now sending it to the wrong person, I can understand, it seems you've been blamed for intentionally sending it to Clover but that is a stupid accusation to make (also wouldn't make sense to just send it to him). It is evident that Crofty and Clover both start with C and you probably just thought you'd send it to C and it'd automatically be Crofty OR you tried to use the ALT key which automatically puts the closest name in. This is a very common situation, I've done it a lot of times.

Clover using the word retard, was said as a joke, the word retard is used by so many members of the community all the time! Yes it may be an offensive word, as it is the current year, but the same goes with Cozmo using the word gay. So yes, it should of been left at "That's not admin abuse" even if he didn't understand your humour, but the little extra was added. Anyhow, Clover shouldn't be punished for this one instance in a thousand. Clover bringing up the regiment disrespect, kinda irrelevant, but of course people will be salty if you are going to disrespect their regiment, but it seems completely unfair to be punished for a scenario two whole weeks ago.

As Delta said, he wants to protect the younger bracket of the community, because they are targetted, but it was wrong to assume that you were targetting him and then automatically get angry at you (even though there was no scenario that hinted targetting). When people get angry, its all emotion, plenty of this happens in the community, the wrong words come out, you forget your role and what the consequences might be, you're just letting out steam - and this is what happened. But we need to learn to control ourselves, I've let to much steam out and have had stern talks, but just because you're angry, doesn't give you the right. Also, just to clear things up, he wasn't telling you to f*ck off, it was to shut the f*ck up, but a please be quiet would of been nicer.

Everyone is wrong in this situation, it should of been left as a joke but anger was let out and really poor and false accusations were made. I think that all the people involved in this situation should leave it alone, but still learn a lesson from this. It'd be unfair to punish members for these situations that happen often, it's just that context was ignored.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 3

You are both in the wrong here. Delta shouldn't have been threatening you, nor should he be acting the way he was acting almost condescending the way he was talking to you.

Yes you started the situation with regimental disrespect however you mutually sorted it out between yourself and clover weeks ago, it's sad to see that it was brought up again despite being handled already.

Delta should have been informed of both sides of the story before fully acting out towards you. However that doesn't really change my views on the report itself, I can see how delta might be frustrated in the matter, especially since it's a slight bias since you are also insulting his regiment, which is why for the most part when there are regimental rifts in admin sits you get a staff member that is not associated with the regimented to avoid these biased views.  However I agree with Bailey and Delta's points, Delta was merely sick of everyone bullying certain members of Medical, because they are younger than most people on the server they generally get a lot of heat and are targeted by the majority in most scenarios. In future be mindful of what you say and keep your opinions to yourself.

Regardless you should still be receiving a punishment yourself, Joke or not you disrespected a regiment with intent regardless if it was meant to be sent to your brother or not, You are setting a poor example for your brother in this scenario and may set him in this path yourself. You should be punished regardless due to the intent you had to disdain the name of another regiment.

Conclusion: Delta should have gotten both sides of the story rather than taking a biased view on Clover who initially reopened a report on you that you had settled 2 weeks prior. Delta shouldn't have talked the way he did to you in the sit, nor should he have threatened you in the manners. However you should not have provoked Delta by 'joking' about certain aspects of his staffing. Delta is sick and tired of people targeting Medical troopers But shouldn't have taken the sit due to the bias it upholds against the regiment, and he shouldn't have silenced your attempts to tell your side of the story by threatening and instigating he was going to warn you immediately.

Overall it's a Neutral from me, Both parties are in the wrong here. there's no one to inherently blame for the report in my eyes.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To begin,

I am disappointed on both ends here, firstly. Delta acted rashly, and has had a past of this in which he has been told time and time again, to take an LOA in order to chill out for a while. Ignoring this, he has slowly become more and more frustrated with how some people treat others on the Server and how many regiments / people are viewed. He has expressed this multiple times in the Staff Discord over the past couple Weeks and especially since he has joined Medics.

Now, you saying to your brother via a PM not to join medics because they are "fucking gay" is outright vile to me, on top of this, you then claim you accidentally sent it to Clover and claimed you sorted it out. However, in the video it shows that it wasn't completely fixed since he retaliated prior to the video starting and said "Don't call medics fucking gay".

Throughout the video Delta does say some things not becoming of a Staff Member such as "Shut the fuck up" and the like, however, your tone and the tone of this report has me understanding why he was so frustrated in the first place, with lines such as "Its a God damn videogame", "It was meant to be a joke", "I think that by saying the the Medical troopers are G*y would be a RP situation and be a AOS offence under Regimental disrespect."

Continuing, all three of these lines are either wrong, misguided or both. The first one about it only being a videogame isn't the point, you attacked medics by insulting them, it stopped being a videogame when you started speaking about people outside of the video game space.
Next, it wasn't meant to be a joke, don't act like it was. You were insulting an entire regiment while on the Server, if it was a joke you would've told your brother that it was, which you haven't claimed to do nor do I believe you have done.
Thirdly, the word 'fucking' is not a word in the Star Wars Universe, I am unsure about gay, but I am fairly sure it isn't either. None of this would make me believe that you meant it in RP, especially since your character, a member of pilots wouldn't tell a random person not to join the Medics because they're "fucking gay".

In conclusion,

While Delta swore and should be punished, as this isn't how Staff are supposed to act, especially in a sit such as this one where it involves his regiment and is out of the blue. I believe you should likewise, receive a punishment alongside the regimental disrespect rules in either a warn or a ban from the Server temporarily. It doesn't matter if others have said it (though, if proof is presented, they can be punished), it doesn't absolve you.

Regards,

- Bailey

i agree with most of what bailey said. Moderators should be able to keep their cool, and what cozmo said to clover about MT being "fucking gay" is a poor choice of words. but i dont feel a ban of any sort is warranted.

firstly cozmo never said these words in public/ooc chat and didnt send these words to anyone outside of the Medical corp. So it's not like it affected their reputation in anyway, it was just a poor choice of words sent to the wrong person. 

i think cozmo should get a warn. reg dis isnt a big deal and if the reason for banning him is for using the words "fucking gay" then thats poor. i've heard worse being said through voice chat.

• Upvote 1
  • Midway changed the title to closed coz fuck da server

You have changed the title and effectively closed this staff report.

I will be giving you 3 Months of moderated posts and will be speaking to Management about ingame punishments. 

• Poggers 2
  • Agree 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Bailey changed the title to Delta Staff Report
  • zaspan locked this topic
  • zaspan unlocked and locked this topic