STEAM_0:0:461566610

Steam Profile Link:

In Game Name:
MidNight

Time Played Imperial RP:
6 Weeks 0 Days 20 Hours

Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
image.png.66d886a815e22c668f0b7f9abc38e8e3.png

Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
I have not received any warns.

Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
I have not received any bans.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
No, I have not.

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
I believe that a Garry’s Mod Moderator is a range of things. Firstly, it is a Moderator that maintain a state of appropriate conduct and have the capability of handling a variety of situations with a neutral perspective and resolve all issues that come their way. A Moderator must ensure that all players on the server are complying to the rules and regulations and if not hand out punishments to those who break them. Furthermore, moderators ensure that people can enjoy their RP without any interference with players that do not want to associate with the RP and ruin it for people engaging in it.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
I am applying for the role of Moderator as I would like to have an opportunity to give back to the community and ensure people can enjoy roleplay with no individual attempting to ruin it. I would also like to try something new that is moderating a large community. Furthermore, this experience would give a new range of skills that I can apply in the future. I would like to see myself as a helper to people, and I believe becoming a moderator would allow me to be this figure, whether it’s sorting out a problem between to players or giving someone tools.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
I believe I can bring a range of things to the Staff Team. I can bring someone who is responsible, proactive hardworking and outgoing. I am currently apart of the Support Team. With this, I have gained knowledge and a new attitude when handling a situation which would be beneficial to the Staff Team. I have learned how to control a situation when sorting out an issue/problem because of my experience in the Support Team. Although I do not have any moderating experience on any other servers, I am familiar with ULX commands which could bring to the Staff Team.

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
If a player was to Mass RDM and disconnect from the server to avoid punishment I would first obtain their name and their SteamID of the player accused of Mass RDM via the pLogs. To validate that the person had Mass RDMed, I would check the damage or kill logs to confirm the accusation. Then I would speak to the people involved with the Mass RDM and get more information on how the situation unfolded to ensure that the scenario was, in fact, Mass RDM instead of a player entering an area KOS. I would punish the player for Mass RDM and DC To Avoid Punishment, which would result in a ban and warning.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
If a player were to bully another player of the community, I would first teleport the member claiming to be bullied to a private location which a conversation cannot be heard by anyone else due to privacy reasons. I would then proceed to gather any evidence that this player was being bullied and get an outline of the story. Once I have concluded the conversation and have been satisfied with the information gained, I would then teleport the player being accused of bullying and teleport the accusor back to his original location. I would then get the accused bully’s side of the story. I would then ask both players for evidence that he was or wasn’t getting bullied and then analyse the evidence from both players. Once deciding with justified reasoning, I would hand out the appropriate punishment to the bully.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
If I were to witness a staff member abusing their powers, I would first either take a screenshot or recording which could be used to validate my claim. Once I gained enough evidence for my investigation, I would then take this information to either a senior staff member or management. I would then leave it up to the management team to hand out their desired punishment for that staff member.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
In the situation that a DDOS threat has been made I would immediately gather evidence that can be used to validate my claims. After gathering all my evidence, I would have a civil conversation with them regarding why they are threatening to DDOS the server and get a better understanding of what was said. After gaining a better understanding from the player threatening to DDOS, I would seek assistance from management with my evidence and leave them to decide the player’s punishment.

Terms & Conditions
Yes

Steam Name:
MidNight

Edited by MidNight
Playtime

TONS of respect for this man

helped me out when i first joined Navy, was happy to find out he was in ISC when i came back too <3

fat +1 from me

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:05 PM, Jesse said:

Neutral 

- Great person! 

- Approachable 

- Activity needs improving

- Its not a requirement but: mic? 

Thank You for your response, I was recently on LOA due to being severely burnt out however my activity will be greatly improved in the coming weeks as I am not burnt out anymore. I believe a mic is not necessary, as a Support Member I haven't found any difficulty doing my role without a microphone and I believe I would be capable as a moderator without a microphone.

Edited by MidNight
  • Agree 1

Ive seen midnight in both navy and isc snd in general he is a very nice person who is mature and shows the qualities in being staff. Already support who helps people out ;) all in all nice guy deserving of mod +1

+1

Although Midnight wouldn't seem to have a microphone, he tries his best at being a support member. At times when he gets stuck, he knows when to call higher ups for assistance and or advice in a sticky situation which shows maturity and intent to learn off his mistakes and serve others better in the future. And thus I believe Midnight would make a efficient member of the staff team.

Goodluck Midnight

I see alot of myself in your application, your answers are great and show a good amount of maturity and responsibility. People seem to like you and trust you, the role on the support team only furthers that. I don't know you too well but I have only had good interactions so: +1

• 2 weeks later...