Jump to content

Teamspeak Restructure Thread


Recommended Posts

Hello IG,

Recently I have been thinking about changing up the looks of the Teamspeak Server (and with the permission of @Cecil) I've decided to make this post in order to gauge what the community wants to happen in regards to the teamspeak. I've already fielded some suggestions from Staff that I've written down and a few that I've already began working on.

These changes can be as large as a whole re-structure of the teamspeak, where channels are, what channels there are, etc. etc. or as little as "This channel name should be changed I think." or nothing being changed at all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

- Bailey & the Forums / Teamspeak Team

  • Disagree 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bailey featured this topic
18 minutes ago, Ubermolen said:

Will this have any affect on purchased channels? Not that I use it anyway.

Probably not, no. Many channels were purged recently due to them not being used, they can be re-instated if the person asks for it back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One visual change I'd personally like to see on the TS3 server is the addition of more badges being implemented onto the teamspeak channels, each icon being relevant to a regiment's channel. The reason for this is that it would be much more aesthetically pleasing to look at whilst browsing the TS3 server. 

For example, Compforce having a different channel group/badge from ISB compared to how it currently is; All the regiments grouped within COMPNOR fall under the same channel group/badge regardless of which unique regiment the individual is in. (it looks very ugly and boring)

That's all from me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think our teamspeak could go much further because of the way teamspeak is, therefore I cannot put any suggestions but in my opinion it looks fine as it is, just a hella lot of channels. I am excited to see the changes made :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, wilson123 said:

One visual change I'd personally like to see on the TS3 server is the addition of more badges being implemented onto the teamspeak channels, each icon being relevant to a regiment's channel. The reason for this is that it would be much more aesthetically pleasing to look at whilst browsing the TS3 server. 

For example, Compforce having a different channel group/badge from ISB compared to how it currently is; All the regiments grouped within COMPNOR fall under the same channel group/badge regardless of which unique regiment the individual is in. (it looks very ugly and boring)

That's all from me.

When you say channel badge, do you mean channel whitelist roles or channel icons that stick to the channel?

  

42 minutes ago, Kamelieon said:

I didn't think our teamspeak could go much further because of the way teamspeak is, therefore I cannot put any suggestions but in my opinion it looks fine as it is, just a hella lot of channels. I am excited to see the changes made :D 

Looking at cutting channels where I can, private channels are hard but I have combed through and deleted some useless ones such as Clearance Level Test Room 2. Like, two channels for CL tests was unnecessary, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

When you say channel badge, do you mean channel whitelist roles or channel icons that stick to the channel?

  

Looking at cutting channels where I can, private channels are hard but I have combed through and deleted some useless ones such as Clearance Level Test Room 2. Like, two channels for CL tests was unnecessary, etc.

My only problem is the huge amount of channels in TS its becoming a pain to keep scrolling to find the channels sometimes i need to scroll multiple times cuz i couldnt find the channel i want  other then tht TS is awesome! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DUCKY said:

My only problem is the huge amount of channels in TS its becoming a pain to keep scrolling to find the channels sometimes i need to scroll multiple times cuz i couldnt find the channel i want  other then tht TS is awesome! 

I’m possibly looking at putting the lobby in the middle of the Teamspeak. This is a very radical change.

I was going to have Staff channels as well as private channels and the like above the lobby, then roleplay channels below it.

Unsure how good it’ll look though.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I’m possibly looking at putting the lobby in the middle of the Teamspeak. This is a very radical change.

I was going to have Staff channels as well as private channels and the like above the lobby, then roleplay channels below it.

unsure how good it’ll look though.

idk how TS works but is it possible to put a "folder" for channels? eg. "Staff" it will have all the staff channels in it and we can minimize it? if we are not looking for staff channels

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DUCKY said:

idk how TS works but is it possible to put a "folder" for channels? eg. "Staff" it will have all the staff channels in it and we can minimize it? if we are not looking for staff channels

That’s already how it is I believe, I’ll confirm it tomorrow but I’m pretty sure you can.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bailey said:

When you say channel badge, do you mean channel whitelist roles or channel icons that stick to the channel?

 

Channel white list roles that stick to the individual when inside that specific channel. 

Here's a screenshot of the badge/icon I'm referring to. It sticks to each COMPNOR channel and as I stated previously, I personally would prefer that each individual user gets a badge that's relevant to the regiment they are apart of within COMPNOR [ISB,CF,INF] and not branded as being COMPNOR as a whole.

https://gyazo.com/b649110b444e19b8700537e0ebeed57c

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wilson123 said:

Channel white list roles that stick to the individual when inside that specific channel. 

Here's a screenshot of the badge/icon I'm referring to. It sticks to each COMPNOR channel and as I stated previously, I personally would prefer that each individual user gets a badge that's relevant to the regiment they are apart of within COMPNOR [ISB,CF,INF] and not branded as being COMPNOR as a whole.

https://gyazo.com/b649110b444e19b8700537e0ebeed57c

It’s possible but it becomes very clunky / over filled when trying to set roles. But I’ll see if I can do something else.

  • Poggers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

#banpasswords

Remove all channel passwords as a way of the community bonding together and talking to new people. Especially staff meeting and management offices, open em up!

  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, Verstappen said:

#banpasswords

Remove all channel passwords as a way of the community bonding together and talking to new people. Especially staff meeting and management offices, open em up!

Passwords are good. If we didn’t have passwords people could just go wherever they wanted whenever they wanted.

Sometimes privacy is needed.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Binny said:

Lets move to a server wide discord!

I have contemplated creating an IG Discord, not for talking in, just casual discussions, but I don't think its worth it.

  • Poggers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...