AHC Request For Information

3 hours ago, Fredrick said:

For example, why join shadow troopers when you can join Comp Force? You get cloak + taser as well as protection from compnor. The fact that Compforce was actually given cloak was a massive spit in the face to shadow and was one of the reasons for its downfall. 

I agree with most of your points Fred. Though i'm just gonna input my opinion on one of your sentences. In my opinion, I don't think you can compare CompForce and Shadow. They both have 2 different uses of cloak, of which Shadow uses it for infiltration (Offship Events/Extracting Hostages) in comparison to CompForce who use it to spy on people and kidnap if necessary based on their job via the wookieepedia. If I'm going to be honest, I don't think there is enough RP to hold Shadow as a proper regiment. It either needs a complete rework or simply a purge from the server.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shadow_trooper
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/CompForce

Edited by Stathi
  • Poggers 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
18 minutes ago, Stathi said:

I agree with most of your points Fred. Though i'm just gonna input my opinion on one of your sentences. In my opinion, I don't think you can compare CompForce and Shadow. They both have 2 different uses of cloak, of which Shadow uses it for infiltration (Offship Events/Extracting Hostages) in comparison to CompForce who use it to spy of people and kidnap if necessary based on their job via the wookieepedia. If I'm going to be honest, I don't think there is enough RP to hold Shadow as a proper regiment. It either needs a complete rework or simply a purge from the server.

I agree with what Stathi said (Even if its bias due to me being in Compforce) I only disagree with SW doesn't have enough purpose to be a standalone regiment, Currently with the new command i've seen Shadow activity increase and the regiment becoming more involved. Especially in the common hostage situation CF aren't the regiment that would handle the situation by any means, we're not trained to deal with those situations and many other military based covert operations, our use of cloak is only for spying and standalone Compforce operations (Which by the way are always purposed an executed internally within the reg, nearly all regimental missions have been thought up and executed within Compforce with permission for the EM team and CHC)

• Poggers 1
  • Agree 1

I don't think compforce need cloak in order to perform their duties but that's another matter that's off-topic. The point I'm trying to make is that regiments should be tied to a niche and should be the one that handles that niche, if you require a particular skill for a mission, you outsource to those regiments. For example, you need a jetpack for a mission you go to Sky troopers, you need someone to build fortifications you go to engineers.

The problem with military is that most other branches can fill almost every single niche that they can offer through their own load outs (with the exception of jetpacks). And it makes you ask the question, should I ask Shadow for help with them utilising their cloak or should I ask compforce?  You'd pick compforce due to their far superior load out and protection from compnor. Regardless of roles or purpose people are gonna say yes because that's roleplay and something to do for their regiment and it helps them out.

The problem it causes is that the regiments that are apart of that niche that generally fall behind aren't going to get outsourced to. And that creates a problem of not having enough to do because it gets outsourced to another regiment.

People are so afraid to outsource to other regiments, to work together to achieve a goal so they ask for themselves to be able to achieve that purpose. How do you think we got to a point where 60% of the server have tasers? Why join shock when you can do the fun part of hunting down criminals and then just get Shock to do the boring paperwork part? Roleplay should bounce between regiments and branches and should all help each other out but every branch is so fixated on being able to accomplish everything themselves. 

This is why military is currently failing, there's to much of every niche and there's no reason to outsource to these regiments and its created a stigma of never asking other regiments for help that are out of your branch. When I was an EM, I saw an event where Nova were given Cloak for a legion event after though there was four shadow troopers on as well as Rayshield hacking tools, I've never felt so bad for a regiment since that moment and its a strong indication of the mindset the large majority of the server has and the server needs to force a change in order to fix that mindset.

• Agree 1
  • Upvote 7