• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

• Steam Name:
    [IG]Dripping wet
  • SteamID32:
    STEAM_0:0:83434927
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • Age?:
  • What Part of the community are you from?
    Imperial RP Server
  • Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE):
    LUA, JS, C#, a bit of python. I have had experience in lua before as I have modded for the binding of isaac in the past and I have had several semesters in university working with c# so i am familiar game programming principles.
  • What type of content do you want to create for our server?
    QOL of life changes and new weapons. The QOL changes made me want to develop for the server in the first place as I saw opportunity to automate some of the more tedious actions in the game and creating new weapons / altering existing is a lot of fun.
  • Have you made any other scripts or content we should know about?
    for gmod specifically I have created two dueling related commands and altered the lightsabre with a new ability

command 1.) 1v1 Sith dueling

being in RG I found asking a mod to set health anytime I wanted to duel to be rather annoying; both for myself and the mod and the alternative of shooting one another until health is about the same also proved to rather tedious. So I made a sith specific command that allows any member of sith to challenge another member of sith to a duel. Should the duel be accepted both parties HP will be automatically set

command 2.) sith tournament

a sith higher up (Grand inquistor, darth vader etc) can start a tournament. Every valid sith on the server will get a notification saying the tournament will start in the chosen time. During that time any sith can opt in to go in on the tournament and once the timer is up or the person who started the tournament decided to start early, everyone who opted in will automatically have their hp set

Force paralyze (if DT get tasers SG can have one too)

being a member of the RG has taught me a lot about just how terrible it feels to try and capture someone without a taser. It is the most horrible feeling in the world spending 45 minutes trying to capture cad bane for the 50th time that night and it just tiresome and tedious. So I made force paralyze. with a very big force tax you can very temporarily keep someone in place. However the person performing the force paralyze is unable to move for the duration of the skill (essentially both parties are stuck in place) this emphasizes RG/SG working together as a member of SG can lock someone down whilst a member of RG can cuff them.

link to the video showing off the stun. (the sith lightning is just a placeholder sound effect) Video of force paralyze
  • Link to my very basic derma / networking example (was told I just need to show I can do it. If more is needed let me know) video

• Naturally these scripts / modifications I have made are very personalized to my current experiences in gmod but I am more than happy to hear suggestions on other things people would like automated / made
  • EDIT:

Just occurred to me I should have included my scripts so you can determine my level of programming skill (not that the scripts are that difficult or anything) So I have included them in this post. 

• Do you accept the Terms & Conditions of this application?
    Yes

sith_tourney.lua

sith_challenge.lua

Edited by PuffyPanda
  • Agree 5

+1 Seems experienced and has some interesting ideas. Nice to see an example that's different as well. If you include a brief example of derma and the net library this will be a great app.

Edited by HenDoge
1 hour ago, HenDoge said:

+1 Seems experienced and has some interesting ideas. Nice to see an example that's different as well. If you include a brief example of derma and the net library this will be a great app.

Thanks for the info. I am uploading my (very very basic) derma, networking example to youtube now and will link in the post. 

• Agree 1

+1 

Trustworthy

Great ideas

Great application

Overall in my opinion the more developers we have more the fun stuff they can create for the server.

16 hours ago, HenDoge said:

This guy is smart

+1 

• 2 weeks later...