Sinatra Event Master Application

Sinatra  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

General Information

Steam Name: twitch.tv/calaa | IG

(Don’t know if having that name is breaking any forum rules by having my Twitch in it, if so notify me and I’ll get it changed)

SteamID 32: STEAM_0:1:80421089

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/calathemoron/

In-Game Name: 2nd LT [96-88] 'Sinatra'

In-Game Information

Time Played Imperial RP:

Spoiler

20200811144355_1.thumb.jpg.787e15a4102a3ca5ff95548e2657f149.jpg

Current [5W 4D 14H]

Before Dedi Reset [4W] -  I am unsure of exact playtime and last recorded screenshot I have is a couple of months before reset when I was sitting on one week

All in all around 7W playtime on the server, since I’m unable to provide screenshots only proof I have of the other playtime would be my XP level (115)

Have you had any warns?

I currently have 12 overall warns (Last warn dates to over a year ago).

I see how this amount of warns warrants concern and I understand if you provide a negative response towards my application due to this high amount, I don’t want to make excuses towards these warns as they all are actions that I performed and none are false. Joining the server back in early 2018 I was around the age of 13 (Soon to be 14)  and obviously as an immature kid, I didn’t fully grasp the concept of RP and therefore didn’t take the server overly seriously. In that mindset, I would often minge and avoid situations by disconnecting from the server and of course, in doing so ruined multiple peoples RP & created an extra level of stress for the staff team.

I am wholeheartedly regretful of these actions as in the coming years I grew out of that immature mindset and attempted to rectify (to the best of my ability) these actions by talking to the staff members who had the displeasure of having the deal with these situations and any other parties who felt affected. Although I wasn’t able to contact everyone (Due to some leaving the community or my inability to get a hold of them) if anyone who was negatively affected by my behaviour does wish to speak to me you can contact me on Discord/TS/Forum messages and I’m sure we can come to a mutual understanding and I can sincerely apologize.

I personally believe I have changed in the period of time since my last warning (I believe it is around a year and a couple of months ago) If someone can direct me to a list of my warnings/bans that I can properly see the date on, that'd be wonderful. If any further concerns are felt due to the excess of my warnings feel free to contact me with the methods above.

Have you had any bans?

I believe it is 4 bans, All bans came in conjunction with multiple warnings I would receive in a day and I would refer you to the above question for my apology/understanding of the situation. Once again if you have any further concerns about these bans you can contact me on Discord/TS/Forums and I'm more than happy to provide context and apologize to anyone that was negatively affected.

(I honestly have no idea how to check my current bans if someone could contact me and show me how I’ll add the evidence of these bans and the amount)

Have you ever been staff on any other communities/servers:

Derivative Gaming SWTOR | Moderator-Admin (Admin would also act as Event Manager | 2017-2018 | Server shut down

Derivative Gaming CWRP | Trial Mod | 2018 | Server shut down

The Museum Imperial RP | Trial Mod - Moderator | 2019 | Personal internal problems with management, contact me if you would like more information

Above is my current GMOD RP staffing experience, last year I also acted as community management for several smaller gaming communities that sometimes included GMOD servers but never held a staff role. I was mainly involved in any marketing/advertising efforts as well as financing and basic community moderator (Forums/TS Admin).

I left those positions after my work was done as at the time I was focused on non-gaming endeavours and allowed others to take over.

Application Questions

Why are you applying to be an Event Master?

I am applying to hold the position of Event Master on the server due to my general interest to increase the servers and my own RP capabilities, I would like to assist the server in its efforts to enhance immersion and provide overall community enjoyment. In part, my reasoning to apply is swayed by former actions and I would like to right my wrongs in any way I can assist the community and I believe at the current moment that would be to run and organise events to provide entertainment to other players. Overall if I was to characterize myself I've always enjoyed planning and executing ideas and view the Event Master role as an avenue in which I could further enhance that passion, while I have a basic understanding of Star Wars lore I wouldn’t say I’m an expert especially in the Imperial Era (If this was clone wars I’d be banging out the lore of every single character) but nevertheless I am very open to educating myself on the Imperial era to assist me in creating enjoyable yet accurate events.

What do you believe you can bring to the Event Master team?

I believe I can bring a new take on events on the server and include several RP elements for the players who really enjoy RP to have (Character sheets, planet info, story arcs, Path-finding opportunities). I would bring a strong work ethic and the openness to assist anyone with any event. When RPing I do enjoy implementing new elements to spruce up the story or sometimes just snort into my mic (If you know you know) I would say I’m not very argumentative and often while I always will state my viewpoint/stance on situations I will fully listen to anyone with differing opinions as I know I’m not always correct and can more often than not be misinformed. I believe with a mindset like that I can take community reception and fully utilize it to provide events tailored to provide the maximum amount of enjoyment. With 4k+ hours on GMOD, I can safely say I know most of the workings of a GMOD RP server and how communities run/function, therefore, allowing me to analyse properly what the community really wants in events.

What do you believe you can do to make Events more fun, enjoyable and inclusive?

I intend if being accepted to the Event Master position to closely analyse which events gain the most positive community reception and further expand on the core ideas that make those events work. A big thing I would like to do to make my events more enjoyable on the server is to implement multiple avenues of RP, not just in-game surrounding my events. This includes providing overhead views of maps I intend to use on off-ships and allowing troopers/officers to plan out pathfinding operations and scouting missions to add extra elements of RP. Fully enriched stories for events in which the Event Characters have a character sheet in which I will provide everyone before the events begin to help people further understand character motives and generally increase the RP. For more basic on-ship events due to the limited style, I would be focusing on the best way to provide some sort of twist/surprise to these events as it would be harder to provide character sheets/lore to random attacks. That being said during these on-ships I would like to gauge in which events work best at what time that being NPC/ECs or Passive/Aggressive. When it comes to on-ships I’d like to include more passive events for people to engage with as it seems mainly the events we have on-ship have taken a fall into a routine of (They blast into the hangar, shoot people, take bridge/engine room, take hostage, die) and I fully understand that it is difficult to not run events like that as the map/situation doesn’t allow for many options. 

I would also like to encourage joint operations of regiments for regimental events, pairings like Navy & 501st aren’t always that common but I would like to implement these sort of pairings into missions (Say send 501st to a planet (Orto) for an attack but have navy first run a scan on the planet and provide 501st with some info such as Enemy count, terrain & other info that could be useful instead of just giving the 501st a rundown of this info have the two regiments communicate and work together)

I believe I will make events more enjoyable through these methods and hopefully with the proper knowledge of lore and the tools the server provides EMs I am able to take my skill to the next level and provide entertaining events even out of events that without extra elements would be mediocre. 

Do you have a basic knowledge of ULX?

Yes, I understand the way the program works and should be able to pick up how the server has configured it quite easily.

Anything else you would like to add?

Just once again if anyone would like to contact me regarding the warnings/bans I am open to chat with anybody. If you have any suggestions regarding the application or my event ideas I am open to all feedback and either comment the feedback down below or if you want to contact me privately.

Event Idea 1:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T_BT8Sg03dLd_Tf9xrBFOKp5DykU-HN9eEJ2CFnGgJ4/edit?usp=sharing
(Also read attached character sheet)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Wa5Dwg7eCyfuo7XlkhGbf5y5eLgr1KNrJc0zsq_AE0/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 2:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zxWY2CwBtxlVywqH-bscIqLBWlGq2BQl1KW_BePfYaM/edit?usp=sharing

I agree to all terms & conditions

- Sinatra

Edited by Sinatra
Formatting
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 1

+1

Really great guy and has definetely changed since his warns/bans. I think he would be a great fit as an EM and my experiences with him in CF have been very enjoyable thus far. Not only has he matured but he has the initiative to create immersive and well planned events. His event ideas are also very detailed along with his application. Good luck with your application Sinatra.

(Hopefully you remember writing this post Sinatra)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Aezir said:

+1

Really great guy and has definetely changed since his warns/bans. I think he would be a great fit as an EM and my experiences with him in CF have been very enjoyable thus far. Not only has he matured but he has the initiative to create immersive and well planned events. His event ideas are also very detailed along with his application. Good luck with your application Sinatra.

^^^^^

( Give this man EM already )

• Like 1

FAT +1

From my experiences with him in EVO. Since whenever i was doing sinatra's tryouts in evo, I was so happy i found a new recruit  into EVO that was so good and helpful. He helped me create RP for the regiment and that is exactly what Event masters Need RP.

Mature and helpful.

Makes interesting RP.

One of the best EM applications i have seen on my time on the server.

Put great effort and time into his application.

I love the original event ideas.

Overall helpful guy and has had a few mistakes in the past, But seems fit to be a EM.

The amount of warns and bans.

Btw you gave out a edit link for your wookie event doc not a viewing link.

( I DON'T KNOW HOW AZEIR READ SINATRAS APPLICATION SO QUICK MUST BE MAGICAL OR SOMETHING )

Edited by Josh
To add some stuff
  • Like 1

+1

Im sorry but anyone who puts this much effort into not only the application but also the events deserves to be an Event Master. A very respectable player within the community and has learnt a lot since his old mingy days. 

Good Luck !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aezir said:

+1

Easy +1 ^^^

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

+1

^^

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Aezir said:

+1

Great guy and good application, never had any troubles with him during his time in the 275th Legion +1

• Like 1

+1, while I haven't known him for as long as some of you I have come to realise that he would be a very good fit for the EM team, he has shown he has the intent to rp and I am sure he would do well creating events for the server. His application furthers this belief as he has put a lot of detail into both the answers and into his event ideas. I would love to see this man as an EM. I am also a firm believe of not letting someones warnings be the deciding factor, I myself didn't have the smoothest start to this server and I managed to get myself 9 warnings, as such I believe I have a good understanding of how someone can come back after those warns and be truly 'reformed' for lack of a better word.

As long as he doesn't run events while high as a kite 

Edited by Pvtanderson
  • Like 1

+1. I haven't spoken a lot with this guy in game but from his forum posts he seems like a really nice guy and he has put a lot of effort into this application. He definitely will put a lot of effort into his Events I'm sure.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Cracked said:

+1. I haven't spoken a lot with this guy in game but from his forum posts he seems like a really nice guy and he has put a lot of effort into this application. He definitely will put a lot of effort into his Events I'm sure.

+1

• Like 1

+1 

I don't know Sinatra too well but from the times I've talked to him and talking to him since I have rejoined CF has been great. He's a great guy and I don't see him being mingy at all in game which makes me think that he will be a great EM.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Cracked said:

• Like 1

-1 he asked me to

I won’t change my opinion until he asks me to.

So, uh to clarify, he asked me to -1 his app, not to +1 it.

and now I'm +1ing it because he's asked.

Edited by Mauler
But watch out that’d be advertising. Also technically he did in fact advertise his app by asking me to -1 it so...
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
  • Poggers 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Rook locked this topic