If you've been around for some time, you'd remember the Media Team, the talented non-staff team who used their skills in production (such as: filming, editing, script-writing, set design, etc.) to create videos and graphics based around the server and community. In fact, I was encouraged by a friend to buy Garry's Mod to play Imperial Gaming as I had an interest for Star Wars, and I was shown a server advertisement on youtube created by the Media Team, with all that glorious 2017 IG aesthetic.

Any how, I've never wanted to join the Media Team but always admired them and they were my favourite team in the community. I remember reading through so many Media Team applications and seeing the production skills so much of this community has. Everything looked good but it came to a stop, motivation decreased and eventually on September 9, 2019 they were disbanded and it seemed less content was being produced by the community, which I believe lead to an idea in CFP.

Coalition for Progress was great, a regiment with multiple branches and a really good roleplay oppurtunity in propaganda creation. A lot came from them as well, some really great posters and videos, but I never saw much? I think creating a regiment for this wasn't the greatest, even though they still had a lot of oppurtunity with other branches in the regiment, it clashed with ISB in my belief. And as motivation decreased here, another disband occured.

5d312bdedbbfd1f6434bac5f2716c2e0.png
In the recent community meeting, @SCHEFF raised a question on the Imperial Press Corps, which was a job (regiment) made for public use after the disband of the Media Team, but here I didn't see to many community members use it. Now looking at the context, it looks like the actual job was removed but it looks like it may be brought back (unsure if still a job). If we bring back this job and people are willing to use it, I think it'd be great to bring back the Media Team, a team which is non-staff is great in my opinion, people have a proper position in the community without being staff.

I've been thinking about this after wanting to redo my regimental showcase and thinking of doing a video but having little skill in production. Then to add more thought on the Media Team I hop on team speak and then remember my donator channel which I named "Kamelieon's Media Team" as a joke. Anyhow, I've thought about it for a little while and I think bringing back the Media Team is a good idea, I'm putting it up for discussion because I want to hear other people's opinions on it as well.

Edited by Kamelieon
  • Agree 2
  • Upvote 3

I'm all for bringing back the media team, it allowed for another way community members could actively participate and assist within the community. I feel as a mainly OOC position the media team is perfect for people who enjoys working on video projects.

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Sinatra said:

people who enjoys working on video projects

I was also thinking about the expansion of the Media Team, going into graphics such as; regimental advertisement posters, PAC3 banners, and signature banners. I know the Graphic Designers of the Development team have done some of this but they are more development invovled. I've seen people's Graphic Designer applications and believe some peoples style is better suited for a possible job in the Media Team rather than the development team. I also think part of the expansion could involve the IG Twitch Streamers, a role in this community who's job is not so clear and not used, but could be benificial.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Kamelieon said:

I was also thinking about the expansion of the Media Team, going into graphics such as; regimental advertisement posters, PAC3 banners, and signature banners. I know the Graphic Designers of the Development team have done some of this but they are more development invovled. I've seen people's Graphic Designer applications and believe some peoples style is better suited for a possible job in the Media Team rather than the development team. I also think part of the expansion could involve the IG Twitch Streamers, a role in this community who's job is not so clear and not used, but could be benificial.

I honestly agree alot with the idea of further promoting these positions within the community, having the media team be a larger group of individuals such as GDs, Editors, Streamers, Storyboarders and such that often work in conjunction to promote the server and further enhance the reach would be great. Would just be great to have a team of individuals working on aesthetics for the community and help reach more people who may not have heard of the server.

• Agree 1

Yeah Media Team helped me get involved in the community before I applied for staff.
It helped me make friends that I still have and I just enjoyed being a part of a smaller team where everyone knew their Role.
A few of the ideas you've brought up for the future of a possible Media Team really has me interested, and I'll try press the matter more with Management.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Just needs a good leader.

Pretty much this but also needs all members putting in the effort rather than a select few. I enjoyed my time in the media team however, still got the trailer I did for Rancor back then 

• Agree 1

You bring up a good Kamelieon and one that we've considered a little bit in the past but with the removal of CFP we've been considering a little more heavily. 

Management are definitely on board with re-introducing the media team but as @Bailey mentioned, a good leader needs to be picked in order for it not the flop and to prevent what @PULSE said which is a process that can be lengthy at times. 

Cecil

• Like 1
On 8/9/2020 at 12:22 AM, Sinatra said:

I honestly agree alot with the idea of further promoting these positions within the community, having the media team be a larger group of individuals such as GDs, Editors, Streamers, Storyboarders and such that often work in conjunction to promote the server and further enhance the reach would be great. Would just be great to have a team of individuals working on aesthetics for the community and help reach more people who may not have heard of the server.

That would give some foundation on some community driven streams I was going to do. @Dirthi thoughts

• Like 1