Clover  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

On 7/8/2020 at 5:48 PM, Angus said:

Imma have to -1 this im sorry clover but you attitude and maturity towards things is quite over the top. Ive seen you complain about the smallest things OOC and in my eyes it makes you not seem fit for this position. You seem like you want to become a mod and your playtime is ok. Your detail is lacking. And in general your feelings get in the way most of the time. Sorry but my answer is -1 

On 7/8/2020 at 5:48 PM, Angus said:

Imma have to -1 this im sorry clover but you attitude and maturity towards things is quite over the top. Ive seen you complain about the smallest things OOC and in my eyes it makes you not seem fit for this position. You seem like you want to become a mod and your playtime is ok. Your detail is lacking. And in general your feelings get in the way most of the time. Sorry but my answer is -1 

Good luck - Angus.

-1 reasons stated by multiple people above. 

• Agree 2
On 7/8/2020 at 2:26 PM, Heinrich said:

When reading this app, it's easily seen that some more consideration needs to be put into the grammar of each answer. For example, in the response to the Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator? question, you begin the answer with "My reasoning for applying for the trial moderator role on the imperial gaming server". You don't need to mention the server you are applying for, it makes it seem like you are unneccesarily extending your answer. the answer to the previously mentioned question can be summed up to The reason I am applying for "Trial Moderator is due to my enjoyment on the server. I have spent a month's worth of time on the server and I am willing to complete any tasks given my way. By joining the staff team, I will be able to improve the quality of the server."

Furthermore, In your "What do you beleiveyou can bring to the staff team?" response, you say "can I provide useful knowledge - no, can I provide " beneficial " experience to the staff team of imperial gaming or the community? - no". I somewhat understand what you are trying to say with the first part, you don't have any previous staff knowledge and you would like to learn from the IG staff team. This could have been worded differently because what I am getting from this is that you are unable to try teach any other staff in the future or be able to correctly handle a situation. Although I don't like how you worded the first part of this, the second part is detrimental to your answer.being able to provide a beneficial and enjoyable expereince to the server is the whole point of being a staff, why would you say that you can't provide it. I seems that you are unwilling to help people and unwilling to support your fellow staff memebers. I don't think there are any other ways to put it but this simply should have not been put into your app. If you don't want to provide a beneficial experience to the server and staff, why do you want to be staff then? The only reason I can think of is the perks and power you gain on the server.

In Addition, you seem the emphasise alot on your playtime. Although you have spent quite a large amount of time on the server, I don't beleive it is an accurate representation of your self, seeming you already have 2 warns. It's difficult to say if you have improved from these errors, especially as they seem to be very major problems and ones that cannot simply be a mistake. From what I've seen on the server, you deon't reflect the mindset of a staff member. Though I have seen little of you ingame, I find it difficult to say that your presence ingame is worthy of that of a staff member.

Overall, you need to be more concise with your answers as it makes it easier to navigate your answers and derive to meaning of each sentence. some of the content in your answers make you seem like you are unwilling to support people on the server and have an actual desire to be a moderator. Your warns are very severe and even new players should not be making these mistakes. The app seems rushed and like no effort was put into making proper responses to each question. From what you've presented in this app, I personally don't beleive you are fit to be a member of the staff team.

• Thinking 1

I want to preface this by saying that I have absolutely nothing against you, and while I appreciate your presence on the server I cannot give this application anything other than a -1. There have been others that have come before you who have been a similar age, and have grown to have great reputations on the server, and obtained staff positions. However currently I believe that you lack the maturity or objectivity to be an effective moderator. 

While I certainly see that you could grow to become like these specific individuals, I do not believe that you have reached that stage yet. The fact that you have continued to pursue this application does show a dedication to the server as does your fairly long tenure within MT. Down the line, when you have rectified the issues that others have pointed out, I believe that you could perhaps be reconsidered. However at this point I do not think that you are remotely ready. I honestly don't believe that currently that you would be able to handle sits or conflicts that might come up as a Mod well.  As others have said, it is clear that you have genuinely good intentions as well as being a prominent player. However, the other issues unfortunately outweigh these positives. Please do not take this feedback as a negative. Over time I'm certain you'll be able to mature into the mold of someone who would be able to hold a staff position within the future. 

Edited by yeff
  • Agree 2
21 hours ago, yeff said:

I want to preface this by saying that I have absolutely nothing against you, and while I appreciate your presence on the server I cannot give this application anything other than a -1. There have been others that have come before you who have been a similar age, and have grown to have great reputations on the server, and obtained staff positions. However currently I believe that you lack the maturity or objectivity to be an effective moderator. 

While I certainly see that you could grow to become like these specific individuals, I do not believe that you have reached that stage yet. The fact that you have continued to pursue this application does show a dedication to the server as does your fairly long tenure within MT. Down the line, when you have rectified the issues that others have pointed out, I believe that you could perhaps be reconsidered. However at this point I do not think that you are remotely ready. I honestly don't believe that currently that you would be able to handle sits or conflicts that might come up as a Mod well.  As others have said, it is clear that you have genuinely good intentions as well as being a prominent player. However, the other issues unfortunately outweigh these positives. Please do not take this feedback as a negative. Over time I'm certain you'll be able to mature into the mold of someone who would be able to hold a staff position within the future. 

You make a very strong and reasonable point. and perhaps i have made an app to early to be trusted in the staff community. maybe in about 10 months time i will try again but i do thank you for still having hope in me.

• Upvote 1

Neutral
Genuinely good guy, will definitely need some help to start off with but will get the hang of it.

Edited by Shepard
  • Poggers 2
Posted (edited)

I am sorry to be telling you this and i am also very sorry for my actions. 
[AWarn] You have been warned by [IG] Matrix: Climbswep Abuse.
i used hop around with climb swep for fun without trying to give myself a advantage. eg. just around a hangar and if i had moved from my possition i would go back like i did.
but abuse is abuse so reguardless breaking the rules will result in punishment and this is my punishment. so if you want to -1 me because of this you have every right to do so

https://www.dropbox.com/s/559qd86v9ak6e0r/My Movie.mp4?dl=0

i never used it for any advantage i only did it for fun and then i went back to where i climb swepped then left

Edited by Clover
  • Shocked 1
  • Thinking 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 3
  • Poggers 1

Becoming a moderator is a pretty big role, there are a lot of things they do behind the scenes that many regular users don’t get to see. It’s a role where you have to commit to helping the community with your time which you appear willing to do. Two of the warns clover received are complete BS in my opinion, however the metagame warn is simply that, a warning not to do it again. I personally know how the staff system on the server changes and shapes maturity of someone. With that being said that is the reason we have trial mod, to test how someone behaves with some basic moderator permissions. That’s why I say give clover a shot. They have the right attitude towards making the server a better place, everyone can change.

+1 from me

Ubermolen

Edited by Ubermolen
  • Poggers 1

Hey Clover, Im just gonna make my response quick. I see great commitment in you for being a moderator on the server though there are many factors which make me believe you aren't ready yet. For example:

1. Patience: Spamming me in dm's for 10 minutes straight because I temp-banned you from the 107th discord for spam
  2. Maturity: There is times when I think that some things you say or do aren't really needed and can rather be left out
  3. Clear Mind: I feel in times that whenever something ingame doesn't go your way you always complain about it in ooc or just exaggerate it too much and make a fuss

Please dont take any of these things harshly but I hope you intend on working on them to make a better appearance in the community. 

On 8/16/2020 at 10:33 PM, Clover said:

[AWarn] You have been warned by [IG] Matrix: Climbswep Abuse.

^ You've also been caught multiple times climbswep abusing so please don't act like this is your first time :)

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 3

BUMP

Playtime: 7 weeks: 4 days

Hey so I know that I'm newish in the sense that I have returned to the community and almost everyone I remember and would remember me have moved on but I'm still going to state my opinion as if I was here the whole time because where is a better place to start. I believe this application was lacking a proofreading, I found myself backtracking multiple times to try and make sense of ill-written sentences or lack of punctuation/grammar.

In my personal belief, the purpose of Moderators on the imperial gaming server is to do many things whether it is simple things as giving tools or deciding the punishment of people. or even bigger things like deciding people like me whether they are accepted into the staff team or making server decisions or being a part of one. moderators enforce the server rules and do their best to make sure that the community is having the best experience possible. that is what I believe and that is what I am willing to do.

This sentence I found was difficult enough to make sense of until reading over it a few times. I don't want to be a grammar nazi or anything because in the end being a moderator isn't about being able to portray english abilit, but it shows a lack of maturity that should be found in a staff member. Maturity is a key factor in my opinion. Anybody can go back over a paragraph and read it aloud to themselves and fix the issues. If it was me writing this application I would have gone over it several times to ensure perfection.

Now I do completley understand and believe that experience is not a deciding factor in the process to become a trial moderator as I believe that stage is the stage to learn and become experienced, much like in the real world, we get jobs to learn and then add it to our resume. But in this case I think it ties in with the point I made earlier about maturity, The lack of experience and lack of maturity directly tie together in the sense that If someone has no experience with ULX or moderating a server then I would at least expect that person to emit a mature attitude that can be clearly seen by those around them. I think the sugar on top of this is the warns. Now everyone trips up and can get into sticky situations but they can also be very easily avoided. All three of these factors in my opinion are damning. 

I think I have seen this said a couple of times but I want to reiterate. You as a medic are quite adept at RP. I have enjoyed seeing you on the server but at times I have seen things go off the rails in OOC and that sheds more light on the immaturity side of things. 

Take it to a staff sit somewhere private and sort it out between them. they either do one of 2 options, 1, we find a solution where both sides agree and get along. 2, they go there separate ways and avoid each other. if they continue any sort of bullying or harassment of any sort warns will have to be handed out. the severity can be adjusted due to events that led up to this

I think you are aware of the need for privacy on sensitive matters such as bullying but I have seen arguments erupt in OOC and I agree with what people have said as it happened which is "Keep it in !p" which in my opinion is something that I believe rarely happens. Of course I cannot see peoples private messages but at the same time the amount of times I have seen people's arguements have to be silenced speaks for itself. If you really want us to believe you can be mature enough to take things into private settings, then first you must walk the walk. 

Lastly. Game time isn't everything, I cannot stress this enough. You emphasise it but I believe that gametime is merely a verefication process rather than a reason to be made a moderator. It is just a way to make sure that the person is loyal to the community they are about to serve. I think focus more on learning to show maturity in all situations you find yourself in, and focus less on getting that game time up and you're set.

Clover man, I have seen you, we have vibed, it was sick. But like I agree with alot of the others here in saying that you need to work on some stuff before joining the staff team of such a big community. I have no vendetta and I dont mean to create one, I hope you can take this as the constructive critisism it is and not as an attack on yourself because that is the last thing I mean for it to be. Good luck man and If I see changes then I will be willing to change to a +1 even though at the moment it doesnt mean much.

Edited by Setsuna
  • Agree 2

P

Updated playtime: 8 weeks & 2 days.

thank you to everyone that has given me feedback. it really helps out when trying to go in the right direction

• 2 weeks later...

- Maturity, or lack thereof, is a big deciding factor of becoming staff. Preferably a staff member is Mature at all times. I know that I'm not this so it brings me to Immaturity. There are 2 kinds, the good and bad. Someone can be immature and make a great staff because, when the situation calls for it, they can be mature effortlessly, they don't struggle for it and they don't make themselves look like they're trying to be mature, they just are. And then there's bad. Bad immature is when you let emotion cloud your judgement, this emotion can be positive or negative because they both cloud it. 

- Activity and Popularity, you're very active on the server and very well known throughout the community, which are very good points. Except you need more than that to be staff here. Almost every staff member currently is pretty active very well known in the community, however, sometimes, Clover, you're known throughout the Community for lack of maturity, or worse, being a nuisance/annoyance. It hurts, yes, but the fact that you do get known for this, is bad.

- Backseat Moderating. This is something you do a lot. There's no rule (anymore [there used to be a rule against this]) against this, but it's infuriating. As experienced staff members, we know how to moderate the server, and we really don't like it when someone comes along, thinking they're top shit and telling us how to moderate. As an example: You suggest punishments in Sits alot, and yesterday (21/09/2020), you called an admin sit on Zuckuss @Binny for doing 2 hits upon @Mauler in too little a time, even though I couldn't care less for it.

You have lots to improve on mate, and the way this application is going supports this.

• Agree 1
  • Upvote 2