Sign in to follow this  
Kristofer

Star Wars: Squadrons Trailer Breakdown

Star Wars: Squadrons

Watch the Star Wars: Squadrons announcement here today | Rock ...

Breakdown and Analysis 

The trailer begins with a chase between an X-Wing Starfighter and a TIE Interceptor with red markings alongside its TIE pilot who also has red markings on his flightsuit. This either means that this pilot is a flight baron (decorated Imperial pilot) or, as Stryker said, part of the elite 181st Imperial Fighter Wing.
(Profile Picture Worthy Photo)

image.png.8e6a578c8b493ddb1c41df25cd48c806.png

During the chase, we also get a glimpse of the interior cockpits of both the TIE Interceptor and X-Wing with more detail, including this targeting monitor within the TIE Interceptor cockpit that displays the ship type of the target ship.

image.png.5a6454e7a9556f8f9bed26853c98fd70.png 

The X-Wing then locks its S-Foils shut, threading through between the asteroids and causing the TIE Interceptor to crash into one. Take into account that this fighter did not get completely annihilated after touching the rock, there was damage but the fighter itself stayed intact for repairs. Shortly after that, we get to see a massive fleet of ships both Rebel and presumably Imperial. In the shot we see an MC80 Home One type Star Cruiser, some CR90 corvettes, and a handful of Arquitens-class light cruisers dotted around.

image.png.6cedf0f4103d1a79f1e6af9bab2d4598.pngimage.png.8ca5a705145a78f52955dc450b61a797.png

Next scene we see the same Imperial TIE pilot from before landing in a hangar with a damaged TIE Interceptor. We can see a clearer shot of the Interceptor's red markings. I also have reason to believe that these are the new Interceptors introduced after the Battle of Endor, after they've been refitted with shields. Shortly after, we see a large amount of pilots being briefed by a hologram of an unidentified commodore as shown by her rank plaques.

image.png.f6c87c4ba0c557c24beea3c84bee7a26.pngimage.png.a5f88388fa096f2791b3a8c5ccc0ca35.png

Next scene we see the perspective from the Rebellion. We see the same female pilot from before leaving her X-Wing, proceeded by a mission briefing at a holotable. We can see that Hera Syndulla and, who I think is, Admiral Raddus in this scene standing next to the holotable. You cannot tell me that that is not Raddus. We can see here that Hera is wearing a general rank plaque for the Rebel Alliance. There is also this bulky, unidentified ship on the holotable. I don't particularly know what it is but it looks very Mandalorian in nature. I thought it was a Kandosii-type dreadnaught, however I don't believe it is.

image.png.d089247d6c244f4c9ce7fe1a6379a939.pngimage.png.d88d69ddb84617cc4dff652e550ef2de.png

"Pilots, you are the Empire's strength. We do not accept defeat."
"Remember why we fly, for hope. For the New Republic."
"Vengeance will be ours."

This bit here is hella epic. It shows a lot about the theme of the game, I can straight up tell that it's after the Battle of Endor, after the Death Star's destruction.
The scattered remnant of the Empire looking for vengeance against the newly formed New Republic built on hope.
In this exact same bit, we can see the TIE Reaper. The same transport used to transport the Death Troopers on Scarif Beach and the Ninth Sister in Jedi: Fallen Order.
image.png.677452b3f7b7c743511939a1300b52b3.png

In the next scene we see more ships. We get full confirmation that the Arquitens-class light cruisers are on the Imperial side. Really sucks to see that the Empire is losing their Star Destroyers.
We also see these new ships that I can't really tell what they are. They have these spheres hanging below them. My speculation is that they're fuel ships or something similar. In the exact same scene, we see two TIE/sa bombers completely annihilate a CR90 corvette with a laser beam.  What the hell is this? It completely split that corvette in half! Are they even TIE/sa bombers or are they a different TIE variant all together? 
image.png.82608ca3f1ac651eae1dac5eed839080.pngimage.png.49d25dad90b42091131f4f0bd90a2bdc.png

The man, the legend, the greatest of all time; Wedge Antilles. We see Wedge going through what seems to be a reactor core with his X-Wing.
He's entered the DS-01, he's entered the DS-02. What else is he going to get himself into?
image.png.590ed8401560f54f8c89059a527f59b6.png

Next up we see a battle over an ecumenopolis, potentially Coruscant. We see this wack looking ship that I still can't figure out what it is. There's probably a lot of legends material they're bringing into canon with this game.
If they're on Coruscant, there is a chance that we get a major mention of the ISB since the ISB were tasked to be the ones to hold down Coruscant after the Emperor's death.

image.png.e4bb8caf88c3a3a8f336a2159479f832.png

After that we see the 181st launch an attack on a shipyard, I think. We see 4 CR90 corvettes docked at the location. The Imperial pilot fires the TIE's torpedoes that completely decimated all four corvettes.

image.png.2b3e297539a999f20341d28da1a58095.png

"5 pilots, one squadron"

I have a feeling this game's going to be a starfighter 5v5 like many speculate. But we may be wrong,
it could be a story campaign surrounding ten pilots from two squadrons, five each, from the New Republic side and the Empire side.
The last scene with the Imperial Star Destroyer ascending from the clouds is incredibly sick. I have a feeling they're on Bespin, but honestly it could be any gas giant.

image.png.356697fe30aa3c9d20e5eed879076135.png

With all that said, the trailer was sick. Honestly hyped for the gameplay reveal. Considering the fact that there's a bunch of characters from the shows and movies, I am fully positive that there will be a singleplayer (or perhps even CO-OP) campaign for this game. Taking into account how Fallen Order did, I have a feeling that this game is going to be great. 

Edit:

After reading a couple of articles, the game's going to be a 5v5 between the New Republic and the Empire. It is not the 181st but instead a squadron called the Titan squadron. The New Republic will have a squadron dubbed the Vanguard Squadron. We also have word that there's going to be a campaign and potentially the release date of October 2nd.

https://www.theverge.com/21289266/star-wars-squadrons-game-trailer-multiplayer-team-x-wing

The game is also apparently up for pre-order on the microsoft store.

Edited by Kristofer
  • Like 1
  • Poggers 1
  • Upvote 4

Star Wars: Squadron
A Deep Dive
"Oh god, here he goes again."

Asteroid Field Vortex

SW_Squadron_asteroidfield_vortex.thumb.PNG.8ad490642ce2062d3d4dee875f022eeb.PNG

I don't know much about this asteroid field vortex, but it looks absolutely stunning.
I expect some playable areas from the campaign story to find itself in the 5v5 Star Fighter Dogfight.

Standard Imperial Design Hangar Bay

SW_Squadron_non_ISD_Hangarbay.thumb.PNG.85138a35787ffc0180be43b26abc2dee.PNG

Its fairly obvious by the design and the ships within that this is your typical Imperial Hangar bay.
What peaks my interest is the scale, the positioning and lack of the ships own hull visible from the hangar bay. 
As you can see from the image below, additional hull should be completely visible.
However, it can't be an Arquitens-class Light/Command Cruiser as they are not big enough to have hangars of this scale.
Even if slightly modified in length.

It is unclear but highly likely the hangar perspective would be facing forward, so I'm interested to see
what vessels hangar perspective we see within the Official reveal trailer.

Image result for Imperial star destroyer hangar (mit Bildern) | Seen

6 hours ago, Kristofer said:

Next scene we see the perspective from the Rebellion. We see the same female pilot from before leaving her X-Wing, proceeded by a mission briefing at a holotable. We can see that Hera Syndulla and, who I think is, Admiral Raddus in this scene standing next to the holotable. You cannot tell me that that is not Raddus. We can see here that Hera is wearing a general rank plaque for the Rebel Alliance. There is also this bulky, unidentified ship on the holotable. I don't particularly know what it is but it looks very Mandalorian in nature. I thought it was a Kandosii-type dreadnaught, however I don't believe it is.

image.png.d089247d6c244f4c9ce7fe1a6379a939.pngimage.png.d88d69ddb84617cc4dff652e550ef2de.png

It is very unlikely that this is Admiral Raddus considering his death in rogue one, and that this looks nothing like him.
I highly believe that this was an unintentional overlook as there is a lot to see in the trailer. The individual is most notably, Admiral Gial Ackbar.
And oh boy I love to see it. The glorious High Definition view of the one and only Destroyer of Destroyers. The Battleship of the New Republic Fleet.

Starhawk-Class Battleship (Mk. I)

SW_Squadron_StarHawk_New_republic.thumb.jpg.bec3fb261f4084e8daaea8691b37665b.jpg

I've waited a long time to see this vessel in action. I was very disappointed to find it didn't make an appearance
in any of the new trilogy films. However, this vessel is a New Republic battleship made out of salvaged
Imperial-Class Star Destroyers. It's purpose was to be more powerful than Imperial Star Destroyers.
Three such vessels saw action during the Battle of Jakku, one of which brought down an
Executor-Class Star Dreadnought 'Ravager' with forward facing six very powerful tractor beam projectors.
Bringing Counselor Gallius Rax's Super Star Destroyer down with it on its crash course for Jakku.

Unknown Tanker Starship

SW_Squadron_Tibana_Gas_Refinery_Ship.thumb.PNG.6c8c7a8ac6e0eac43bc6788a719a7655.PNG

In the background you have a better view of an unknown ship, well at least to me.
I believe the vessel serves the purpose of refueling or transporting some sort of gas. Possibly Tibana gas.
I'm not certain if its Imperial considering the same location less than 5 seconds later is a New Republic construction yard.

181st Imperial Fighter Wing
SW_Squadron_181st_Imperial_Fighter_Wing.thumb.jpg.8989b131853787f2980607694af47a69.jpg

The legends fighter squadron would be an amazing sight to see completely returned.
It's likely, but its members unlikely. Considering their definite visual differences.

Unidentified Cargo Hauler/Fueling Starship

SW_Squadron_Unidentified_New_republic_Ships.thumb.PNG.bc59dd5f48f87c8928ac1f29541f2f30.PNG

As you can see in the image above, there are quite a few of these very peculiar in design starships.
One can only guess their purpose between Cargo or Fuel contains being hauled along.
Nothing really of note but it could also just be a refueling station. It doesn't look like it is meant to be mobile.

Light Orbital Construction Yard

SW_Squadron_Orbital_Facility.thumb.PNG.b3c42689b8e6098442f45ea383186d53.PNG

The planet certainly gives that Coruscant feel, but watching the scene closely it's giving me doubts.
Mainly because of the atmosphere colour seen from space but it is most likely Coruscant considering its
lack of visual appearance within New Disney canon.

The Station on the left I believe is a orbital construction yard or repair yard.
Most likely for small scaled ships. It is unclear whether its Imperial or New Republic, if this is indeed Coruscant.
It will most likely be Imperial, before the New Republic were able to "liberate" the planet.

6 hours ago, Kristofer said:

Next up we see a battle over an ecumenopolis, potentially Coruscant. We see this wack looking ship that I still can't figure out what it is. There's probably a lot of legends material they're bringing into canon with this game.
If they're on Coruscant, there is a chance that we get a major mention of the ISB since the ISB were tasked to be the ones to hold down Coruscant after the Emperor's death.

Yes. ISB. I love ISB.
However, the ISB holdout on Coruscant wasn't one of assignment, its something they felt obliged to do as it was the Imperial Capital.
Many of Coruscants forces departed to Gallius Rax's calling, those loyal to ISB which was a considerable amount stayed behind to
defend the Empires capital from the traitorous Rebel Alliance, the "New Republic".

This is the end of my breakdown of a breakdown & the official reveal trailer, for now anyways.

• Upvote 2

Trailer looks great. Can't wait until the actual gameplay footage comes out in about a week or two. 

They pre-order stuff looks pretty cash money as well:

1287704299_SquadronsPreorder.thumb.PNG.89f10c01a26b64c4e0fcecf128349e5b.PNG

• Poggers 1

3 hours ago, LilHavana said:

Hey Kris just letting you know I'm leaving ISB to join ISC :kappa:

Yeah same tbh

@Splonter when you doing tryouts

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Splonter said:

We can do a direct rank transfer for you :)

I'm liking the sound of Air Marshal

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

I'm liking the sound of Air Marshal

Kris gonna abandon AWR for the Tie Defender program smh

Yeah i believe this "Titan Squadron" to be heavily influenced by the 181st from legends, inother words an canonical reimagine of them.

All the Ties we've seen which Id say is predominately if not entirely campaign content focuses on them having the red markings.

Also the games multiplayer 5v5 will have a decent amount of appearance customisation.

Edited by |Stryker|

When I can be bothered I'll make the TIE helmets from the trailer and become ISC's lord and saviour @Splonter.

• Poggers 1

The ship they are on in the new republic is same one as alphabet squadron. I am pretty sure the planet is hosnion prime

Splonter when he finds out the name of the new pilot lore character from the new Squadrons game.image.thumb.png.3d772fb885c1166567e0ca9a3312bda5.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kamelieon said:

181st is legends? :O Does this bring em into canon?

This makes them canon.

• Poggers 1

Imperial side looks better

I am keen to play it 

Edited by Spark
add things

On 6/16/2020 at 11:09 AM, yeff said:

Kris gonna abandon AWR for the Tie Defender program smh

Tie Defender Project > Project Stardust anyday

• Upvote 1