• Steam Name:
    Aldwin
  • SteamID32:
    STEAM_0:1:463002282
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    O. A'ldwin
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    1w 7hrs + 4d 17hrs (Time was Reset A little while ago)
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    578943667_IGtime.PNG.21fdd32aa9d766be72a1c7275dc5e993.PNG
  • Have you used PAC3 Before?
    No
  • Why should you be trusted with PAC3?
    The time i have spent on the server which may seem small compared to others i have spent wisely, bonding with players who are aware of the rules, are amazing role models and are also trusted with special roles. During my time with other members of the IG community i have learnt key values, embracing and learning the rules of Imperial Gaming which shows through my 0 warns and 0 bans. Through my bonds with players in special roles I have learnt that treating people with respect and equally is needed, and now that my time in the IG community is climbing i am working hard to achieve this goal. Whether in or out of character i will never make a PAC that is meant to hurt or cause offence to anyone and with this i will respect PAC to never abuse it's powers ensuring i am being responsible, mature and never over stepping my boundaries. With showing respect to PAC i will also show respect to members of the IG management, ensuring that my PACs are following the outfit and tier restrictions to ensure that the time that the IG management team give will not be used up by me using PACs incorrectly.
  • Why do you want access to PAC3?
    To expand what i do on the server, i want to explore different paths through the server and i believe PAC is a great way to start. Firstly the increase of immersion and role play for myself, my regiment, for EM's and anyone apart of the IG community, with PAC it will make it easier for regular situations to be improved and in general more enjoyable with the use of PAC, expanding upon the already great RP to give it a piece of my own creative and unique ideas. Next the enjoyment and fun, receiving PAC would obviously be enjoyable for myself but also for other people, having a common ability with some friends and peers who have the PAC role i feel would give us a new reason to enjoy situations together, bounce ideas of each other and in RP have a bond that can make regular situations fun just because of an ability we both have. Last my creativity but also my open mind, I know with access to PAC the ideas i create will be unique and new but also my skill to be open minded and listen to others who may be more experienced with PAC will overall end up giving my PACs a unique design that is certain to look good and fit well in RP.
  • Why do you believe you deserve PAC3?
    I believe i deserve PAC3 because, i have spent 1600hrs on gmod, which to some people may also not seem like to much, but most of this time is from playing a DarkRP server, on Imperial Gaming or in single player which most of the time so far i have spent learning to use the PAC3 addon. I believe for someone my age, on the server i have shown excellent maturity and loyalty to the IG community, as well as someone trustworthy who does not abuse rules and lives up to the expectation that the IG community sets. I believe with my creative yet open mindset that my PACs will constantly be improving including how my model looks as well as the quality of RP improving around me. Each day i believe i improve on my PACs through the use of my open mindset, reaching out to a more experienced PAC user to help with my ideas and teach me to step up some basic to PACs to PACs that are worthy of Imperial Gaming. Currently through my record of no warns or bans, i believe this shows my dedication as well as my trustworthiness in which i will up hold to show that i deserve PAC3.
  • PAC 3 Examples https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YNHctQ0EbN3wsjwuNr7cXUkOqchrFa3rbVqK0gHQIsY/edit?usp=sharing
  • Terms & Conditions
    Yes
Edited by Aldwin
PAC Example 2 Has been Changed | PAC Example 3 Has been Changed | PAC Example 4 Has been Changed | PAC Example 6 Has been Changed | PAC Example 8 Has been swapped for a Different PAC
  • Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok, so I would like to start off by saying that you are a very friendly, trustworthy member of the community, and I highly doubt that if given the chance you would not abuse the PAC program. (Also, by no means am I a PAC expert, everything I say is just what I think of your PAC's, not who you are in-game) 

However, in my opinion, these PAC's are a lot like others as well as quite confusing to look at.

• PAC 1: This looks very similar to CurlyGeorge's PAC Project 4: Purge Trooper x Nova (V1) which looks pretty good, but way too similar for comfort. You both have the highlighted breathers and sights, however you have added a droid that looks very similar to Greyback's Destiny droid. Both of these look epic by the way! However, once again, a bit too similar for comfort...
  • PAC 2: This PAC doesn't look too bad, a bit confusing but I can see what you wanted to achieve with it. However, in roleplay I can see there being a massive problem with this. A) Not having a left hand doesn't sound like something a Nova Trooper would not have. B) When using other weapons or anything where the left hand is being manipulated, the PAC will look very confusing. Whilst the simplicity is fine, I cannot see how this one could be used in RP.
  • PAC 3: This PAC sorta looks like those toys that you buy in a Woolworth's toy section. The colours on the guns do not fit the models at all and, in my opinion, resemble Nerf guns or even waterguns. I really like where you placed the Bacta bombs and the grenades however, that looks really nice. The centre Iron Man looking thing is a good idea, however, if it is not executed properly, it looks very scuffed and unappealing. I don't see what the point of it being there is, other than it just being there with no substantial benefit to RP. *Sometimes less is more.
  • PAC 4: This PAC actually looks pretty good! I like the effect on the right forearm, and how the droid has a hologram effect when typing (however the green isn't the best colour. Try lowering the opacity of it!). Not a massive fan of the head, but it isn't a major factor. Good job on this one!
  • PAC 5: I like this one too. I do not have anything to add with this, really nice looking PAC.
  • PAC 6: I also really like this one. The only things that I am not a fan of is the massive ear piece, but I am sure that can be easily fixed in the program! Again, less is sometimes more, so I cannot see the use of there being a Nova Handbook for dummies. It's funny, but just clogs up much needed render times. Other than that, really good job.
  • PAC 7: This is also a really nice PAC, nothing to add here!
  • PAC 8: This is way too confusing. I dont see what you tried to achieve here.

I know this is a lot, but hopefully it helps. Again, I am not a PAC master, but I like to try and help with as much as I can when, and where possible. When you publish your next set of PAC's, I might change my vote. However, for now it will stay at a -1.

Good luck though!

+1

Has taken feedback and has greatly improved his models to show that he has a significant knowledge on how to use PAC. Great job with your PAC's, very creative and they look great!

Good Luck

Edited by Bucculus
Updated vote
  • Upvote 1

Updated response: +1 has ability to make great pac creations but you should work on some aesthetics

Edited by Kamelieon
  • Upvote 1

Neutral for now.  

I would just like to clarify that I would love to give a +1, however, I would like to wait for further pac examples before making a full judgement.

Others have already pointed out the issues they see with the pac's. Personally, I think that the concepts are there, but the models and colours do tend to clash, making some of the pacs look aesthetically unappealing as Kamelieon said. My own knowledge of pac is fairly simplistic but I would recommend that you spend a bit more time making the models flow together a bit better and specifically, tint objects with colours rather than making them fully reg (e.g the chimaera pac's gun).

You are a trusted member of the community, and I believe that all of the pac's have a fair amount of potential behind them. Regardless of that I would like to see some of them brushed up a bit. The pac's clearly show a good amount of development in regards to learning PAC3. My favourite pacs would probably be 1 & 5, with the ones that would need the most work being 3 & 8. There is a good amount of information that you have included alongside each PAC. 

I wish you luck with your application!

+1 

You have improved your pac's based off feedback and I believe that the new ones are much better. This kind of ability to take feedback is something that shows a willingness to gain pac and the effort to put in the hard miles to gain it. 

I wish you luck with the application!

Edited by yeff
  • Upvote 1

**EDIT**

+1

You have begun working on new PAC's and have also improved your preexisting PAC examples using the feedback you have been given and they have turned out pretty good. From what I can now see you have a greater understanding of PAC and how to use it and also are taking your feedback well. 

Good Luck

Edited by MidNight
Change of side
  • Upvote 1
On 6/15/2020 at 10:13 PM, Bucculus said:

Ok, so I would like to start off by saying that you are a very friendly, trustworthy member of the community, and I highly doubt that if given the chance you would not abuse the PAC program. (Also, by no means am I a PAC expert, everything I say is just what I think of your PAC's, not who you are in-game) 

However, in my opinion, these PAC's are a lot like others as well as quite confusing to look at.

• PAC 1: This looks very similar to CurlyGeorge's PAC Project 4: Purge Trooper x Nova (V1) which looks pretty good, but way too similar for comfort. You both have the highlighted breathers and sights, however you have added a droid that looks very similar to Greyback's Destiny droid. Both of these look epic by the way! However, once again, a bit too similar for comfort...
  • PAC 2: This PAC doesn't look too bad, a bit confusing but I can see what you wanted to achieve with it. However, in roleplay I can see there being a massive problem with this. A) Not having a left hand doesn't sound like something a Nova Trooper would not have. B) When using other weapons or anything where the left hand is being manipulated, the PAC will look very confusing. Whilst the simplicity is fine, I cannot see how this one could be used in RP.
  • PAC 3: This PAC sorta looks like those toys that you buy in a Woolworth's toy section. The colours on the guns do not fit the models at all and, in my opinion, resemble Nerf guns or even waterguns. I really like where you placed the Bacta bombs and the grenades however, that looks really nice. The centre Iron Man looking thing is a good idea, however, if it is not executed properly, it looks very scuffed and unappealing. I don't see what the point of it being there is, other than it just being there with no substantial benefit to RP. *Sometimes less is more.
  • PAC 4: This PAC actually looks pretty good! I like the effect on the right forearm, and how the droid has a hologram effect when typing (however the green isn't the best colour. Try lowering the opacity of it!). Not a massive fan of the head, but it isn't a major factor. Good job on this one!
  • PAC 5: I like this one too. I do not have anything to add with this, really nice looking PAC.
  • PAC 6: I also really like this one. The only things that I am not a fan of is the massive ear piece, but I am sure that can be easily fixed in the program! Again, less is sometimes more, so I cannot see the use of there being a Nova Handbook for dummies. It's funny, but just clogs up much needed render times. Other than that, really good job.
  • PAC 7: This is also a really nice PAC, nothing to add here!
  • PAC 8: This is way too confusing. I dont see what you tried to achieve here.

I know this is a lot, but hopefully it helps. Again, I am not a PAC master, but I like to try and help with as much as I can when, and where possible. When you publish your next set of PAC's, I might change my vote. However, for now it will stay at a -1.

Good luck though!

Hey Bucc, Thanks for the feedback, I have made sure to attempt to improve on this as you can see in the new document, they aren't the biggest changes and may not change your mind but i just wanted to get this done as i have recently gone on LOA to focus on school, more feedback on the new PACs would be extremely appreciated for my ideas and improvements from when i get back from LOA.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 6/15/2020 at 10:13 PM, Bucculus said:

+1

Has taken feedback and has greatly improved his models to show that he has a significant knowledge on how to use PAC. Great job with your PAC's, very creative and they look great!

^^^

I completely agree that you deserve pac for the positive comments above. You are always persisting to change and fix your pax’s and never seem to give up and all of that work shows in your application

+1

Curly

Edited by CurlyGeorge51
  • Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1

╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗

BUMP

Playtime: 5d 17hrs + Reset Time

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

=Update=

No Extra PACs as i have been on LOA 

and focusing on School

Currently working on a Civilian PAC and

Full Body Officer PAC

╚══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Thank you All

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗

BUMP

Playtime: 1w 3d + Reset Time

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

=Updates=

Joined VF and dropped rank to WOII but have worked my way back up to WOI

Now working on:

Full VF officer PAC

Customised VF armour PAC

VF Variations of current PACs

╚══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Thank you All

•  
Edited by Aldwin
  • Agree 1

Neutral

i like the amount of effort that you have put into those pacs

the nova + PT i have seen from other people and i am suspecting you have copied it.

i need one more pac from you that's original for a +1

• 1 month later...