Proven's Ban Appeal

Steam Details

Steam Name: Proven 

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:178955391

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Proven01 

In Game Details

In Game Name: Proven

In Game Rank: Sergeant

In Game Regiment: 106th Army Brigade (or whatever it's currently called) 

Ban Details

image.thumb.png.0d852fb10f199736134da2027bf5c720.png

How long was the ban for:
My ban was/is permanent.

Which staff member banned you:
W1NG2A V.3

What date did the ban occur:
08/04/2020 

What was the reason for the ban:
I was banned due to violating the conditions of my previous ban (explained further below). 

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: 
When Fractal Gaming closed, Imperial Gaming graciously extended an olive branch to various members of its community--myself included. However, my situation was a special one, and required private discussion with Whitey, and, from memory, Wingza.  
As some of you may know, I have quite a history on this server. Imperial Gaming has, for the most part, been an emotional rollercoaster for me since I first joined in ~2017.
When I first started my SWRP journey, I was a kid. As I have finally matured, I have learnt from the... countless mistakes I have made in my past. My sentences may seem shallow and insincere, but I genuinely do have a long list of regrets, many of them among Imperial Gaming. As stated in my previous ban appeal, I had accumulated a grand total of nearly 60 warnings, and to my knowledge, I am still the record-holder. I would firstly like to state that while all these warnings were completely justified, I still wasn't banned at this point despite this absurd number. Looking back, I'd like to think that this is because I was a valued member of the community, and those in charge were reluctant to let me go. People believed in me, and I was given so many chances because they knew I was capable of changing--and I am--but at that stage in my life, I hadn't had the wake-up call necessary to force myself to mature. 
Unfortunately, regardless of one's intentions, nobody deserves infinite chances. I'm not a horrible person--most know that. My intentions were always sound, I just went about them... inappropriately. And, ultimately, that is why I'm writing this today. 
The circumstances leading to my ban were... unfortunate. After rejoining the community and mingling for a few days, I finally rekindled my passion for Star Wars RP. I was excited to join a regiment, get to know everyone better, and continue working my way through the ranks. Alas, a small slip-up cost me that opportunity. 
In general, I wouldn't consider myself a spiteful person. I'm certainly susceptible to anger and frustration--who isn't?--but I'm usually able to regulate it. One member of the community, however, has always brought out the worst in me--and that person, sadly, is Splonter. Splonter and I have always had a history of unresolved conflict, and that is entirely my fault. I have passed up several opportunities to make up with Splonter, however I strongly intend to remedy this should I be unbanned. Holding grudges is not only childish, but in my case, indicative of a lack of growth. This bothers me to this day, simply because I have grown. I'm now better than that. Anyways, I digress.
On the 8th April, I attempted to take initiative by guarding the Bridge. Shortly thereafter, I was arrested for trespassing. I was simply trying to help out, as there were no guards there at the time, however I can see how my intentions may have been misconstrued. I most certainly should have requested permission beforehand, or at least informed those who should have been guarding the Bridge at the time. Anyways, Splonter was the person who issued my arrest, being (I believe) in charge of Pilots at the time. 
The arrest frustrated me, but the fact that it came from Splonter made me livid. Reluctantly, I sat out my sentence, and as soon as I was released, I said something in chat that was, to put mildly, stupid:
z.png.327e17c8384cb878479a35b5d4170621.png

My statement was clearly satirical and fueled by petty rage--I certainly wasn't being literal, and I don't believe any level of anger would drive me towards actually starting a page devoted to disparaging another member of the community. I should have given myself time to cool off, and moved on. 
This isn't an excuse, however you may have noticed that I didn't actually send this message in global chat. This was because the message truly wasn't literal. If I wanted to harm Splonter, I would have made sure he saw it--my only motives were trying to get a laugh out of those around me. Unfortunately, the person beside me (John) broadcasted the message for all others to see. Seconds after I sent the message, I went to go make a sandwich, and upon returning, I was shocked to discover that I was permanently banned. I received a warning for that comment, and, per my unban conditions, if I received one more warning, I would be re-banned, unable to appeal for 3 months. This greatly disappointed me, because, for once, I was genuinely fitting in, and enjoying my time on the server. After a much appreciated clean slate, I was finally off to a good start. But I slipped.
I'm not perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. This ban hit me hard because this was the one and only mistake I made since my return. I was constantly subject to scrutiny, being the notorious figure that I am, and the one small mistake I made in my time was broadcasted for all to see. 
After being banned, I gave myself a few days to cool off--already, I had learnt from my mistake.
I decided that my grudge with Splonter was pathetic and childish, so one day, I attempted to make amends with him via Teamspeak. I requested that him and I join a channel together so that I could apologise, and work things out. Alas, Splonter was ultimately unwilling to talk with me, and since it was, in fact, a community ban, I was unable to be present in the Teamspeak server. I made several attempts to contact Splonter elsewhere (Steam, Discord, etc.), however he had blocked me on these platforms, rendering this an impossibility. 
My hands were tied. 

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance:
Why? Because I believe I have a good heart, and I believe I would benefit the community.
I know it has taken me a long time to mature, but it's finally happened. I will no longer require a thousand chances--hell, I won't even need the one. I have changed, and many people can vouch for this.
I would also like to add that a few days ago, there was some sort of malfunction that temporarily unbanned me. I was informed that Imperial Gaming performed a "ban wipe", which meant one thing: another clean slate.
I was playing on Imperial Gaming for that entire day, enjoying my time and very glad to be unbanned again. I didn't cause any trouble, and even saw a few familiar faces. Sadly, the next day, as I went to log on, I was banned again, and informed that my being unbanned was unintentional, hence this appeal. 

But, in essence, I believe I should be unbanned because, well... what have you got to lose by bringing me back? If I mess up again--which I promise you I will not--I can just be removed from the community indefinitely, without the possibility of re-appealing.

Anyways, my apologies for rambling.

Thank you very much for reading.

- Proven

Edited by Proven
  • Downvote 2
  • Upvote 8

This is the 2nd time you've been community ban and your 3rd ban appeal in total.  It goes without saying "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" I indeed believe in 2nd chances but you've blown that. You've personally done a lot to hurt me in the past, often targeting me and blatantly telling me to kill myself at some point. I would not want you back in the community again nor do I believe you've served enough time to think about your actions and the impact they have on others. You've proved you aren't capable of reform at this current time given that you were already handed a 2nd chance after your 1st community ban then blowing that with the statement above, I believe you need to have a more extended period of time to properly reflect on your actions.

• Thinking 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Splonter said:

This is the 2nd time you've been community ban and your 3rd ban appeal in total.  It goes without saying "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" I indeed believe in 2nd chances but you've blown that. You've personally done a lot to hurt me in the past, often targeting me and blatantly telling me to kill myself at some point. I would not want you back in the community again nor do I believe you've served enough time to think about your actions and the impact they have on others. You've proved you aren't capable of reform at this current time given that you were already handed a 2nd chance after your 1st community ban then blowing that with the statement above, I believe you need to have a more extended period of time to properly reflect on your actions.

Thank you for the feedback, Splonter.

Could you elaborate on my encouraging you to "kill yourself"?
I don't recall ever saying that to you, nor would I ever wish self-harm upon another person. 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Proven said:

Thank you for the feedback, Splonter.

Could you elaborate on my encouraging you to "kill yourself"?
I don't recall ever saying that to you, nor would I ever wish self-harm upon another person. 

I'm unsure of the specifics, But from what I can gather from memory a while ago via steam you had told me to seek 'cyanide' or something along those lines. Regarding myself blocking you, This is due to myself previously as you were unbanned attempting to make amends with after your comment on myself that was the final time in which I would want to talk or make amends with you as you had proven you had no other intentions other then to continuously wish harm on me, I did not want to interact or speak to you after the comment that lead to your ban as it was obvious the only reason you had attempted to do so was because you were not remorseful for the comment on me, but you were remorseful because you got banned because of your actions.

Edited by Splonter
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Splonter said:

I'm unsure of the specifics, But from what I can gather from memory a while ago via steam you had told me to seek 'cyanide' or something along those lines. Regarding myself blocking you, This is due to myself previously as you were unbanned attempting to make amends with after your comment on myself that was the final time in which I would want to talk or make amends with you as you had proven you had no other intentions other then to continuously which harm on me, I did not want to interact or speak to you after the comment that lead to your ban as it was obvious the only reason you had attempted to do so was because you were not remorseful for the comment on me, but you were remorseful because you got banned because of your actions.

Understood.
Thank you for the feedback. 

• Upvote 1

• Community banned twice
  • A total of 60+ warns 
  • Disrespectful to Other members of the community in a similar way to many others who have been banned for such 
  • Reads to seem like a sincere and a wholehearted apology 
  • Upvote 3
23 minutes ago, Delta said:

• Community banned twice
  • A total of 60+ warns 
  • Disrespectful to Other members of the community in a similar way to many others who have been banned for such 

There isn’t much more I can say without parroting Splonter or Delta, but I definitely agree with both of them.

I believe in second chances, but not in third chances, you’ve proven that you don’t want to be apart of the community.

• Downvote 3
  • Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

There isn’t much more I can say without parroting Splonter or Delta, but I definitely agree with both of them.

I believe in second chances, but not in third chances, you’ve proven that you don’t want to be apart of the community.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

you’ve proven that you don’t want to be apart of the community.

I certainly don't think this is true.

If I didn't want to be involved with the community, I would not have bothered appealing in the first place. 

• Upvote 5
4 hours ago, Delta said:

• Community banned twice
  • A total of 60+ warns 

I have to agree with Delta. I have had no interactions with you as such, but I'm more than aware of the situation and what has occurred.

• Upvote 2

It's good to see OGs here and there, there just isn't enough of us these days. 

My interactions with you have been positive throughout the years but also underlining with minginess. I never had a negative interaction with you, but it's clear others have.

I'd love to see you back, I might even lean towards +1ing this appeal, except chances are you'd just abuse the trust of an unban.

Neutral.

• Upvote 1

NEUTRAL

I believe in third chances, although this hasn't always worked before, I don't see you exploiting this IF you get unbanned.

I think you should still try and make up with Splonter since I've witnessed you both act very childish and immature towards each other in the past.

If unbanned, I suggest a long probation period.

Good Luck.

• Upvote 1

Changed to Neutral

You have consistently caused many issues for players and staff alike. I do not believe that your current attitude represents the values and beliefs of the IG community in a more general manner. Receiving 60+ warns further demonstrates the immature and neglectful attitude that you have previously brought to the community. In addition, hate speech / the encouraging of such is something that simply is not tolerated here, which is something you must understand.

I recommend you take some more time to reconsider your experiences on IG, ensure that you actually wish to be a part of this community, and reflect on the negative behaviours you have brought to this community, and refer more generally to the issues that have been brought to light by others, in addition is convincing us that you can and will be reformed.

Good luck.

Edited by Misahu
Thought of 'Jovan' not 'Proven'
  • Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Misahu said:

I'm not going to lie dude, even since my earlier days, with yourself role-playing a mouse droid in mid-late 2018 you have consistently caused many issues for players and staff alike. I have had many interactions with yourself minging,  mic-spamming, RDMing, etc, and do not believe that your current attitude represents the values and beliefs of the IG community in a more general manner. Receiving 60+ warns further demonstrates the immature and neglectful attitude that you have previously brought to the community.

In addition, hate speech / the encouraging of such is something that simply is not tolerated here, which is something you must understand.

I recommend you take some time to reconsider your experiences on IG, ensure that you actually wish to be a part of this community, and reflect on the negative behaviours you have brought to this community - then, in due time, make a ban appeal that more deeply reflects on these discrepancies.

Good luck.

Though, for the most part, I do believe you have the wrong person in mind. I distinctly remember not ever having role-played as a mouse droid (due to my extreme dislike of them), nor have I ever mic-spammed. 
I have not used a microphone until very, very recently, and have remained a mute for almost the entirety of my online career. I am certain many others can attest this. 

As for the hate speech, I entirely understand. It was completely unjustified, and is not a behaviour I would normally condone. It was a heat-of-the-moment decision, and a lapse of judgement on my part.
I do believe I have taken these past few months to reflect on the gravity of my wrongdoings. I am genuinely remorseful, and have reflected on and remedied my behaviour since then.

40 minutes ago, Misahu said:

Your behaviours and maturity will require drastic change if you wish to be a part of this community once-more.

Branching from this--With all due respect, what else can I do to indicate that I have changed? I understand that actions speak louder than words, but how am I expected to prove that I have changed if I am not given the opportunity to do so?
I took the advice of the Managers on-board, took some time to cool off and reflect on my behaviour, and I have attempted to re-join the community after three months of reflection and contemplation. 

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, Mauler said:

It's good to see OGs here and there, there just isn't enough of us these days. 

My interactions with you have been positive throughout the years but also underlining with minginess. I never had a negative interaction with you, but it's clear others have.

I'd love to see you back, I might even lean towards +1ing this appeal, except chances are you'd just abuse the trust of an unban.

Neutral.

Thank you very much, Mauler.

5 hours ago, Galle said:

NEUTRAL

I believe in third chances, although this hasn't always worked before, I don't see you exploiting this IF you get unbanned.

I think you should still try and make up with Splonter since I've witnessed you both act very childish and immature towards each other in the past.

If unbanned, I suggest a long probation period.

Good Luck.

Thank you very much for the feedback, Galle.

As I mentioned in my Appeal, I have made several attempts to reach out to Splonter and apologise. Unfortunately, Splonter wasn't willing to hear it/reciprocate.
Should he be willing to hear what I have to say, I would happily be the first to extend my hand. 

• Upvote 3
On 6/13/2020 at 6:45 PM, Delta said:

• Community banned twice
  • A total of 60+ warns 

After reading though this ban appeal I am unsure of my stance, I agree with Delta you have an extremely lengthy record that you have over 60 warns and have been Community banned twice which is quite mind boggling to begin with but it doesn't stop there you've been known to disrespect members of the community. 

Your ban appeal seems genuine and your response to feedback is promising but you have been given an extremely generous amount of chances to change your ways and play Imperial Gaming and each time you've reverted back to your old ways whats to say you won't do it again not to quote a famous saying but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

You do seem sensire therefore I will be leaving a Neutral leaning to Negative response.

Good Luck.

Edited by Hyperion
  • Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

After reading though this ban appeal I am unsure of my stance, I agree with Delta you have an extremely lengthy record that you have over 60 warns and have been Community banned twice which is quite mind boggling to begin with but it doesn't stop there you've been known to disrespect all members of the community. 

Your ban appeal seems genuine and your response to feedback is promising but you have been given an extremely generous amount of chances to change your ways and play Imperial Gaming and each time you've reverted back to your old ways whats to say you won't do it again not to quote a famous saying but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

You do seem sensire therefore I will be leaving a Neutral leaning to Negative response.

Good Luck.

Thank you for the feedback, Hyperion.

I understand your concern. Fingers crossed this Appeal goes smoothly so that I can prove, once and for all, that I am capable of behaving. If not, well... there's nothing more that I can do.

• Upvote 1

Denied

Your prior history on the server has proven more than troublesome. Furthermore, recent images have come to light that have proven you are not ready to return to the Community.

You may reapply in 3 months.

• Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Luigi locked this topic