1. 1. Poll

• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

• Steam Name:
    Varius Benson
  • SteamID32:
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • Age?:
  • What Part of the community are you from?
    Imperial RP Server
  • Which design programs do you use?
    Blender,
    Houdini,
    3ds Max,
    Photoshop,
    Substance painter,
    Unreal Engine 4,
    Unity,
    Maya
  • How well do you work under deadlines?
    I can say that i have a lot of experience with working with/on deadlines from doing work for development studios to doing work for gmod communities very much like this one, i have in the passed even managed to make a 24 hour deadline for a website i made for a real estate company in canada. 
  • Why do you think this position is for you?
    I feel that this position if for me as i know i have a great understanding of 3d modeling and i have been a on and off player in this community going back a few years ago i use to play here when i was a pretty young so i know what to expect from the team at least from a member of publics point of view. I also feel this position would be great for me as i am a really big star wars fan and i would love to have a community were i can express my inner nerd and hopefully create some great starwars work for the community/server.
  • (1) List your previous artwork:
    d06f9181be727f2ba57a1070411ce6f4.png.ccd51ffec7a6b4ebb12a0ad6b41acb2d.png
  • (2) List your previous artwork:
    66f9933a3d2b999cd879e01a77a81818.png.c9fff04830caf70ec0b6e3b8bb276a70.png
  • (3) List your previous artwork:
    c5d0a58062fa0375bda4b3f461b42eb5.png.2c4d1c9460d318372fff06bdf0f7bbfb.png
  • (4) List your previous artwork:
    cbfee14bc07abdf5ad9a2b8077bca2ae.png.1d6646cb08e792242c3421959949eda7.png
  • (5) List your previous artwork:
    e651bc932d9c3b93bbc7b05c0647ad26.png.994d5eee9f45c160bbe614dccf049854.png
  • (6) List your previous artwork:
    799280806f705d75c33a56e87e19cbf3.png.ab26e3e61d1c5a6792bb9e2753e2e450.png
  • (7) List your previous artwork:
    47d2c2dfaeb848f831f91aada1ab8b88.png.0e5cb8c828c063f61fe9ddb8715ff741.png
  • (8) List your previous artwork:
    e48adb4be425d4f6253676f51f252f25.png.fc9112360ae5b9dc691fa65bfb4c9711.png
  • (9) List your previous artwork:
    6aad5b7702ae64d1101d39b2f50c4fb2.png.29ac65a9362af9995105de6f5408d740.png
  • (10) List your previous artwork:
    53002504077bf943ac8a77e89e22c154.png.ff22afd3bb606ee798fc5b1495004fa6.png
  • Do you accept the Terms & Conditions of this application?
    Yes

I mean, your application answers are very short with a lot of grammatical errors and minimal detail but it seems you have amazing 3D modeling skills. Although unsure as to who you are and if you are going to stay loyal to Imperial Gaming I'm leaving a +1

• Like 1

I mean, your application answers are very short with a lot of grammatical errors and minimal detail but it seems you have amazing 3D modeling skills. Although unsure as to who you are and if you are going to stay loyal to Imperial Gaming I'm leaving a +1

Thank you for the +1 yeha i do apologies for the short description i do have trouble with writing sometimes due the fact i suffer from a mild source of dyslexia but luckily its nothing that can stop me from doing my duties as a developer. (ps: i have gone ahead and added more to my answer. 

• Upvote 1

Edit: Information has come to light that has made me reconsider my stance, I belive the applicant has NO place in the IG development team.

Edited by Goliath

Nice rendering and model making. Do you have any examples showing the more iconographic side of graphic design? Or do you just mainly focus in 3D modelling?

- Atlas 

Neutral but leaning towards -1

I would like to state that this has nothing to do with the models, as they look excellent, but instead Varius' online history as a dev. From a simple google search, it is evident that there is drama attached to his name which occurred earlier this year. I understand that Varius' previous actions may have been lapses in judgement but they do prompt some inspection in relation to this application.

Edited by yeff

Neutral but leaning towards -1.

I would like to state that this has nothing to do with the models, as they look excellent, but instead Varius' online history as a dev. From a simple google search, it is evident that there is drama attached to his name which occurred earlier this year. I understand that Varius' previous actions may have been lapses in judgement but they do prompt some inspection in relation to this application.

Yeha i am the lead developer of a early access game on steam so unfortunately a bit of hate comes with that and the media will always add to it, all early accsess games cop the same hate i get.

13 hours ago, VariusBenson said:

SteamID32:

Incorrect.

13 hours ago, VariusBenson said:

What Part of the community are you from?
Imperial RP Server

2af5a8c86a4b314186b1530ef47f1d80.png

You aren't even 6th Army ...

12 minutes ago, VariusBenson said:

I logged on using a family shared account thats not me, my old one is the one use to use a lot 

Alright, what regiment and rank are you?

2 minutes ago, AshtonFletch said:

+1  It would be extremely dumb to not accept him as a dev I mean his work looks like something people pay for, and his going to do it for free I assume so please accept i wanna see this ingame.

1 minute ago, AshtonFletch said:

TBH every game developer has hate from the media that's how you know their a legit dev. Type in DayZ for example and they have the exact same issue but it doesn't mean they aren't good devs.

Who are you in-game? Cause you made an account just to comment on this and it is very suspicious lmao

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Teek said:

+1 I have seen benson do work on many gmod servers and he only just makes the server better #great dev.

This account was first created when this application was posted...

19 minutes ago, AshtonFletch said:

+1  It would be extremely dumb to not accept him as a dev I mean his work looks like something people pay for, and his going to do it for free I assume so please accept i wanna see this ingame.

Now it may just be me but it seems suspicious that this account is also posting, and was created all of 7 minutes ago.

18 minutes ago, AshtonFletch said:

TBH every game developer has hate from the media that's how you know their a legit dev. Type in DayZ for example and they have the exact same issue but it doesn't mean they aren't good devs.

For obvious reasons I'm now changing my neutral to a -1. 

Edited by yeff
1 minute ago, VariusBenson said:

@AshtonFletch is my friend in real life he plays a lot of garrysmod 

I am glad that your friend is here too, and that you enjoy Garry's Mod but you have skirted the question.

What regiment are you both part of and what are your names or ranks in game?

Big doubts that you even participate in this community.

6 minutes ago, VariusBenson said:

@AshtonFletch is my friend in real life he plays a lot of garrysmod 

I appreciate the fact that you have friends to help you out, but if they are not within the community or don't play on the server, then it just doesn't seem right. If you play on the server and have a genuine liking to the server, then go ahead and +1, do whatever you think is right for the community. This, as well as what I've looked into that has happened within the last 4-5 months with what happened (legit just type in your name, I found 4 videos instantly) makes me slightly on edge. I don't generally judge people on their past actions, but I would like to see what happens in the coming days before I'm fully set in stone. That's my stance.
Opinion is subject to change.
NEUTRAL

Edited by Welly

Why i am applying:

I am applying for this position not for the community involvement as i don't really have time to play the server as such but i put the application in as i know you don't have any 3d artists so if you would like some custom 3d work in your server or custom player models and vehicles i can do this for you but i get the feeling that this is more of a staff application of such please allow me to explain that i will not be able to be a active member in the community or the server as i'm just way to busy for this but i can be a active member in the development team and crate work for you guys.

@Ragetank Please if you do want some custom 3d models and vehicles and models i can do this for you but im not really interested in being a community involved member just someone who helps on the sidelines as i do have paid work i do on the sides so i cant be active in the community for obvious reasons but i can 100% be active development wise creating you guys like said (Vehicles, Models, PlayerModels,Graphical Art)

This is my portfolio if you would like to see what i can do as i have a lot more work than what i uploaded 
https://www.artstation.com/capitalgamingrp_studios

1 minute ago, VariusBenson said:

Why i am applying:

I am applying for this position not for the community involvement as i don't really have time to play the server as such but i put the application in as i know you don't have any 3d artists so if you would like some custom 3d work in your server or custom player models and vehicles i can do this for you but i get the feeling that this is more of a staff application of such please allow me to explain that i will not be able to be a active member in the community or the server as i'm just way to busy for this but i can be a active member in the development team and crate work for you guys.

So you aren't a member of the community, nor do you actually intend to be, but you are applying for a staff position when it looks like you would rather be a contractor as apposed to an actual member of the development team. As well as your friend making an account just to talk you up and support you, when he as well is not part of the community.

Legit just contact the owner (or a member of management) directly instead of making an application to be part of the team.

• Upvote 1

So you aren't a member of the community, nor do you actually intend to be, but you are applying for a staff position when it looks like you would rather be a contractor as apposed to an actual member of the development team. As well as your friend making an account just to talk you up and support you, when he as well is not part of the community.

Legit just contact the owner (or a member of management) directly instead of making an application to be part of the team.

I did i was told to make a application by ragetank, i don't want to be staff i don't have time to do this sorry if my application sounded like that i just wanna make stuff for the server so i can add to my portfolio some star wars stuff but i don't wanna just make models or vehicles etc for no reason i thought it was best if someone actually gets to use it. 

I never asked my friend to post i just told him i put a application in he commented on his own 

• Bailey locked this topic