Revert or make changes the new ammo system

Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

Recently the server received a overhaul to various mechanics which are very welcomed and rell received however one thing that I and many others are getting abit annoyed about it the new ammo system. 

Currently with this new system you spawn in with very little ammo and with some pointshop weapons none at all but you can obtain ammo from heavies as well as purchase it from ammo crates. The problem I find with this new system is when an event happens is lots of people are seeking ammo for the event but then when they get killed all that ammo is lost and they respawn with next to no ammo and once again need to spend probably a couple of minutes resupplying before they can head out for the event. Sure you can buy ammo from the crates at ILC but some of the prices are abit high and there is a a cap to how much ammo you can purchase for instance iqa-11 rounds cost 900 credits for 12 rounds.  There are several changes that I have thought of that might help to ease that issue.

Make ammo boxes drop all ammo types

Rather than have the ammo boxes give ammo only for the gun you are holding perhaps there is a way to make it so it will give ammo for all your guns except it will be varying amount depending on what weapons you have for example if you have a standard E-11 and a rocket launcher you would make it so the box would give you say 500 E-11 rounds and only one rocket.

Reset starting ammo to how it used to be and increasing it

Before the change starting ammo was still a little low but you had enough to put up a decent fight. This change is basically setting starting ammo to the way it used to be with pointshop weapons also getting starting ammo and also increasing the amount of ammo you spawn with a little.

Revert changes to ammo system but give ammo resupplier to heavies.

While this suggestion might not be the most liked I believe it would be the most simple to change [I hope]. The only difference is instead of medics having the ammo tool heavies will have it now.

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to add them.

Personally I don't mind the new ammo system but I feel it needs some more tweaking before it is perfect. Buying ammo for your basic equipment using your own credits does not really make sense to me since wouldn't this come out of our budgets/deducted from our paychecks?

Edited by larrythecrab

I would be happy with being able to get free ammo from the ILC. Buying ammo with your own credits is dumb, they should be supplied to you. I

26 minutes ago, larrythecrab said:

Before the change starting ammo was still a little low but you had enough to put up a decent. This change is basically setting starting ammo to the way it used to be with pointshop weapons also getting starting ammo and also increasing the amount of ammo you spawn with a little.

This is the only change I'd make, giving make some more starting reserve ammo feels better to me. The rest I don't mind.

But this is personal preference however.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Bailey said:

This is the only change I'd make, giving make some more starting reserve ammo feels better to me. The rest I don't mind.

But this is personal preference however.

This. I don't need an insane amount of ammo, but considering that ammo is supposed to be paid for in the budget for each reg it seems quite insane that I have to pay for my own. I personally like that Heavys now have a more important role in supporting, but certain reg's like IC are definitely being shot in the foot as they have to source their ammo from other reg's, which can be quite difficult during an event.

Giving said regiments like IC a larger ammo pool (like how heavys spawn with a larger amount of ammo to compensate for their heavy weapons) would do wonders to offset some of the difficulties encountered by these regiments. It's worth noting that there's only really 2 regiments that are really handicapped which are Scout and IC due to their lack of heavy slots. I'm also unsure about how much this effects DT as they have one heavy slot, but the spreadsheet is probably outdated considering the merger with Chimera.

I think that this is quite unfair to both regiments, as scout should be expected to operate without having to rely on other regiments help, as they either engage as a scouting force, or from range behind the main forces. This goes double for IC as during events it's fairly standard for them to have to engage with EC's for extended periods of time without being able to stop for supplies. 

I still enjoy these changes and I think that they are excellent additions to the mainline army regiments, but they do have some negative effects, which can easily be fixed by changing the amount of ammo that these regiments spawn with. 

EDIT: I would like to specify my own standing and then build on something Mauler pointed out in the comment below me. I personally haven't experienced any real issues with the ammo system as I'm currently sequestered in ISB, although I did spend a few thousand credits on IQA-11 ammunition by mistake. One of the reason's I focused on IC in my post the most was because the OP is in IC and therefore is one of the players affected most.

As for maulers point about suggesting changes, I really don't have any experience in developing myself, and I trust the developers to be able to iron out any kinks they see fit. That said, my opinion as a player is that this will severely impact IC and Scout in a negative way as both regiments should be able to perform operations without needing the support from other regiments. 

Edited by yeff
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, larrythecrab said:

Before the change starting ammo was still a little low but you had enough to put up a decent fight.

Ammunition counts were always high because they all used Pulse Ammo and if you had like 4+ guns, you'd get ammo for each gun.

When starting as a 6th Army Private with only the E-11 noscope, you have next to no ammo because you only spawn with one gun worth of ammo on the old system. That's essentially the same deal here with the new system, as most people only have one gun spawn with ammo per gun and most guns in a loadout spawn with different ammo types. 

Example: I spawn with the SE-14C (Light Ammo), DP-23 (Medium/Standard), Candycane E-11 (Medium/Standard), DLT-19 (Medium/Standard). This means I get around 260 rounds of Standard because of 3 guns spawned, with about 80-120 Light because of the SE-14C.

There are some guns that need to be tweaked, sure, but this is Day 3 after the update, I'm sure that the DEV Team have seen alot of the issues with this update and probably release a hotfix update in a week or so. Alerting people to the problem is fine as it increases awareness so that the Devs can then realise there IS an issue and then fix it, but expecting or suggestion changes this early won't be effective.

Edit: Although I believe buying Ammo is dumb, the rate of salary quickly offsets anything you lose from buying ammo. Also the amount that you buy in ILC should be increased. Currently it is 2 credits per 1 Standard Round. This should be changed to 1:1 or 1:2. When you buy Standard Ammo at ILC, you get 30 rounds for 60 credits. This is FINE for the E-11. For the DLT-19 which has a 65 round mag, you need to buy 3 loads to fill the mag.

Edited by Mauler

I understand frustration with buying ammo/ not having as much ammo in reserve. Keep in mind the following points:

Everyone now has a salary. This was not a feature before so these are free credits for doing nothing. The easily cover the cost of ammo and food plus extra. Think of it as your own personal budget. It also makes you see value in your ammo in a hope to make you use it more sparingly.

In terms of max ammo from my experience in the past you barely used it. Now it's a shock to the system because you have more than realistic amounts of ammo that you could realistically carry.

Give it a week see if the unlimited ammo culture can be changed. I see the changes as RP enhancers. Forcing regiments to watch ammo usage and fall back if your out. 

• Upvote 8
8 hours ago, Mauler said:

the rate of salary quickly offsets anything you lose from buying ammo.

Personally I can say that's not the case (although 95% of the server aren't bounty hunters, so I'm aware it's an entirely different situation for them) unless the prices/amount of ammo have changed in the past day or two. I get 150 credits every 15 minutes, but my standard blaster ammo costs 150 per 65 rounds. Considering I use RPG ammo for my grenade launcher that's 500 credits a rocket (which I buy 3-4 of normally), and 250 for my dioxis grenades. It's pretty steep in my case. Most people say being paid for hits offsets the price of ammo, but on average a hit goes for 400-600 credits, which really only covers one rocket. 

The upside of the new system, however, is that heavies usually drop ammo for people for free, so that's really helpful if we can find one. Also balances out the support/heavy roles a little more rather than everyone just wanting to be a support as the jack of all trades.

EDIT: Prices, at least for me, have changed, so I'm not going bankrupt as quickly. To clarify just in case, I'm in no way complaining about the update, and I think the new system is a great concept and mostly well executed by the devs. I'm just stating my opinion. 

Edited by Jye
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Jye said:

Personally I can say that's not the case (although 95% of the server aren't bounty hunters, so I'm aware it's an entirely different situation for them) unless the prices/amount of ammo have changed in the past day or two. I get 150 credits every 15 minutes, but my standard blaster ammo costs 150 per 65 rounds. Considering I use RPG ammo for my grenade launcher that's 500 credits a rocket (which I buy 3-4 of normally), and 250 for my dioxis grenades. It's pretty steep in my case. Most people say being paid for hits offsets the price of ammo, but on average a hit goes for 400-600 credits, which really only covers one rocket. 

The upside of the new system, however, is that heavies usually drop ammo for people for free, so that's really helpful if we can find one. Also balances out the support/heavy roles a little more.

EDIT: Prices, at least for me, have changed, with standard ammo being 60 for 60 rounds so I'm not going bankrupt as quickly. I'm in no way complaining about the prices, I'm just stating my personal opinion. 

dont forgest the poor people with Z miniguns, they cost a shit ton 

but in all seriousness I not against the the ammo, i just think give us more when we spawn in or make the ammo cheaper

Edited by Dax
27 minutes ago, Dax said:

dont forgest the poor people with Z miniguns, they cost a shit ton 

but in all seriousness I not against the the ammo, i just think give us more when we spawn in or make the ammo cheaper

Tempted to sell the z4 right now. I have to ask a heavy for ammo if I want to use it

Being a heavy trooper in the regiment it’s a bit annoying that I have to constantly give out ammo to the regiment even tho these credits salaries somewhat covers it really doesn’t. Due to the fact that it depends on the role u have and the cl level there should at least be 200 reserve ammo for each gun depending on what it is. Such as the Z4 when you first spawn in or die the person who uses should at least have around 1000 or less in reserved ammo for it. I like the changes to the ammo I just dislike that I as a heavy trooper have to give it out constantly to people while I’m on the server.

ps: tbh it’s really bad that i can literally give out like 100 anti armour ammunition 

Edited by Echo

Personally I think the idea behind having more limited ammo is a very good one, my only issue is the fact that pointshop weapons spawn without ammo. For example the E-5S which costs 150k points to buy spawns with no ammo at all, to buy ammo for it costs 1500 credits which only gives you 30 shots. That is literally 10 of my paychecks of 150 credits just to get 30 shots for my E-5S every life.

I personally like the new change.

This view might be different from other people obviously since 99,22% of the server population isn't Director Krennic, but from an Event Master perspective I see it being able to improve the RP on the server in the long run.

Running out of ammo in this current era of the server is basically a necessity at this point. This goes for the army. You have a regiment, and you have a squad of people equipped with more guns. Coordinate with your support and heavy classes and you'll easily be able to overcome the issue of lacking ammunition.

The fact that ammo is much more scarce is more realistic and provides better RP. You wouldn't be able to carry 9.999 ammunition for every single gun you have in your loadout. Many may not agree, but in my opinion losing ammo is part of the roleplay experience on the server. Instead of players complaining in the OOC chat in regards to how they lose ammo too quickly, they should instead move back and tactically withdraw from the battlefront in order to replenish their ammo supplies.

This also loosens the viral culture of rushing into combat and unloading everything you have in your blaster in order to achieve a kill on an Event Character or NPC to further progress the need to advance the questline and prestige.

Obviously there are a lot of issues with the new system and mentioned by previous replies, such as the large price on ammo due to an economic crisis, as well as pointshop weapons not spawning with ammo. But these issues can be easily fixed by the Developer Team.

With the new changes to the ammo system, I believe that in a few days time to a couple of weeks players will begin to adapt their gameplay, followed directly by providing good roleplay on the Imperial Gaming Star Wars RP server. Something that we need right now.

Edited by Kristofer
  • Upvote 5
15 hours ago, Ragetank said:

I understand frustration with buying ammo/ not having as much ammo in reserve. Keep in mind the following points:

Everyone now has a salary. This was not a feature before so these are free credits for doing nothing. The easily cover the cost of ammo and food plus extra. Think of it as your own personal budget. It also makes you see value in your ammo in a hope to make you use it more sparingly.

In terms of max ammo from my experience in the past you barely used it. Now it's a shock to the system because you have more than realistic amounts of ammo that you could realistically carry.

Give it a week see if the unlimited ammo culture can be changed. I see the changes as RP enhancers. Forcing regiments to watch ammo usage and fall back if your out. 

In my opinion the unlimited ammo culture mainly came from when events occured and one mouse click of the old ammo swep gave 10000 rounds for every gun except for launchers. 

1 hour ago, Kristofer said:

I personally like the new change.

This view might be different from other people obviously since 99,22% of the server population isn't Director Krennic, but from an Event Master perspective I see it being able to improve the RP on the server in the long run.

Running out of ammo in this current era of the server is basically a necessity at this point. This goes for the army. You have a regiment, and you have a squad of people equipped with more guns. Coordinate with your support and heavy classes and you'll easily be able to overcome the issue of lacking ammunition.

The fact that ammo is much more scarce is more realistic and provides better RP. You wouldn't be able to carry 9.999 ammunition for every single gun you have in your loadout. Many may not agree, but in my opinion losing ammo is part of the roleplay experience on the server. Instead of players complaining in the OOC chat in regards to how they lose ammo too quickly, they should instead move back and tactically withdraw from the battlefront in order to replenish their ammo supplies.

This also loosens the viral culture of rushing into combat and unloading everything you have in your blaster in order to achieve a kill on an Event Character or NPC to further progress the need to advance the questline and prestige.

Obviously there are a lot of issues with the new system and mentioned by previous replies, such as the large price on ammo due to an economic crisis, as well as pointshop weapons not spawning with ammo. But these issues can be easily fixed by the Developer Team.

With the new changes to the ammo system, I believe that in a few days time to a couple of weeks players will begin to adapt their gameplay, followed directly by providing good roleplay on the Imperial Gaming Star Wars RP server. Something that we need right now.

As much as I would like to see this  change happen I fear the lets rush em culture will still continue to exist as long as EC kills still exist and heavy hitting pointshop/credit weapons such as scatter, rotaries and reallly high dmg snipers(such as the NT-242 and DLT20 i think) exist.

10 hours ago, Echo said:

Being a heavy trooper in the regiment it’s a bit annoying that I have to constantly give out ammo to the regiment even tho these credits salaries somewhat covers it really doesn’t. Due to the fact that it depends on the role u have and the cl level there should at least be 200 reserve ammo for each gun depending on what it is. Such as the Z4 when you first spawn in or die the person who uses should at least have around 1000 or less in reserved ammo for it. I like the changes to the ammo I just dislike that I as a heavy trooper have to give it out constantly to people while I’m on the server.

ps: tbh it’s really bad that i can literally give out like 100 anti armour ammunition 

eeeh just tell lime to go easy on his explosive addiction :D I try not to ask for too many grenades since it takes way too long for both the heavy and me.

I don't know if any other heavy is having this problem, but in the past 3 events I've played in my only job for the entire 2-ish hour ISD invasion events is to basically stand ontop of the holotable on level 3 and mash my 1>left click>2>let click>1>left click>2> left click keys in an attempt to kind of glitch out the ammo dispenser in order to hand around a reasonable amount of ammo, picture it like this:

Your at the beach eating chips and 127 other seagulls come swarm you, your a nice lad so you give the nice little birdies some chips, problem is you only spawn and can throw one singular chip into the crowd every 25 seconds while they are all screaming mine mine mine mine. It just isnt efficient especially when one guy stands infront of my player model spamming E to gobble all the crates up.

Edited by Razzle
3 hours ago, Razzle said:

I don't know if any other heavy is having this problem, but in the past 3 events I've played in my only job for the entire 2-ish hour ISD invasion events is to basically stand ontop of the holotable on level 3 and mash my 1>left click>2>let click>1>left click>2> left click keys in an attempt to kind of glitch out the ammo dispenser in order to hand around a reasonable amount of ammo, picture it like this:

Instead of giving it away to people, just sell your ammo, quite literally.

I'm thinking of doing similar, but with the Massiffs, just loan them out to regiments.

7 minutes ago, Mauler said:

Instead of giving it away to people, just sell your ammo, quite literally.

I'm thinking of doing similar, but with the Massiffs, just loan them out to regiments.

Bruh your a god damn genius.