Kumo

Imperial Gaming II Changelog - 6/05/2020

12 hours ago, Kumo said:

heavy's may now also drop ammo boxes

Reminds me of 2016 Poseidon CWRP

*cough* Splerge

Nah this is g as fuck

• Downvote 1

I really like the update, some really good stuff for RP when there are no events, will make the server more fun at times.

I do have trouble adjusting and getting used to things

Is there any way i can revrt back to the old HUD in a menu or something?

13 hours ago, Kumo said:

We have implemented and heavily adjusted the Zero's GenLab medical system. It is much more realistic, with little performance impact and should increase roleplay throughout the server thoroughly. (https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/zero-s-genlab-disease-script for more information)

@Dirthi you and your medics are going to have a field day with this one.

• Like 2

The biggest change to the server isn't the new shit on the server... but this:

7424daa864adea18e31e5f856f4faeb4.png

This shit hasn’t changed since the start of the server and yet...

Edited by Mauler
  • Haha 1

This new HUD and ammo drop system takes me back to the old DarkRP system the server used when we first started. 16 year old me would be very proud of how far we'd come as a community and as a server.

Also, new PAC3 content! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Tier 3 applications please

Amazing work guys, this is the best and most hype changelog yet, and this gives me so much faith in our development team. Can't wait for more.

Is there a way we can see what old content we can unsubscribe from btw?

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, SiegeMonkey said:

I would like to apologize in advance for the actions taken by @Kristofer and the rest of the bio weapons division of AWR 

May the odds be ever in your favour 

Oh you could say that again...

• Poggers 2

I don't get why we have to pay for ammo and food out of our own credits. Shouldn't we be getting that for free? We are the military, it should come complimentary. 

You get more than enough credits in your salary (even at the lowest ranks) to pay for your food and ammo. You can always ask a kinda heavy if they could shout you an ammo crate.

On 5/7/2020 at 2:03 PM, Mauler said:

Reminds me of 2016 Poseidon CWRP

*cough* Splerge

Do not cite the ancient texts to me, I was there when they were written.

There needs to be more food options, the Jawa Mega Meal is tainted by Xenos. We need to create the Imperial Snack Pack.

53 minutes ago, Theta said:

There needs to be more food options, the Jawa Mega Meal is tainted by Xenos. We need to create the Imperial Snack Pack.

Lmao

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

Do not cite the ancient texts to me, I was there when they were written.

The Ancient times... you went by a different name back then...

O**

12 hours ago, Theta said:

We need EVO to purge the messhall of the xeno taint. 

1 hour ago, Mauler said:

The Ancient times... you went by a different name back then...

O**

So help me boy, I will kill you.

So I want to leave a bit of feedback about this update. There's a lot of good things and bad things which, personally, do not Anakin my Skywalker.
Please do not take this as a total hate post, though; any seemingly toxic stuff is completely unintentional

--------------------------------------------------==================================================---------------------------------------------

- New Hud
I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw the changed HUD I thought it would just become annoying and distracting to look at, compared to the simplicity of the minimalism/transparency the previous one had. However, after playing around on the server last night I didn't really have any problems with it. Everything is crisp and easy to look at, and after figuring out which symbols meant what it makes for a bit more of a tactical experience.

- Quest System Changes
Whilst I am pleased that this has finally been addressed, I must say I'm a little disappointed that some of the anal-retentive 'grinding' quests like the EC Kills, NPC Kills & Imperial Arcade questlines haven't been changed in any major way, replaced, or removed entirely. This was discussed not that long ago about how some regiments, particularly military, had more access to some of these quests than others, so not everybody was getting a fair play in completing them. That being said, I haven't yet come across any of the 'alterations' that make them easier/harder, but I'm not sure what much difference this will make anyway.
The new Skill Tree is a great idea. Rather than laboriously grinding down a seemingly neverending tree of moderate to minimal to epic perks, people can now decide where to spend their points to give their character a more unique touch (even though I know virtually everyone has already gone for the speedy keycards).

- Credit Changes
I'm sorry but the food & hunger thing is completely useless, and not really necessary. Immersive? Maybe. Functional? Not really. In the time that it takes for you to begin starving/getting thirsty, you already wind up dead anyway by means of an RDM, an event, or even just plain roleplay. I understand the intention behind it but there's really no point in having it. If people want to do Mess Hall RP, they'll do Mess Hall RP. They don't need an addon specifically designed to inspire it.
The armoury/ammunition crate addition I'm sitting on the fence with. I agree that it's a good dea that people spawning without their special ammunition rounds for Pointshop Weapons balances out the gameplay massively, but at the same time it sort of defames the popularity of them. I dunno, I need some more time on the server before I come to a proper conclusion about this. As for the armoury, what is the point of having it if you just lose the weapon/item every time you die? Sure, you can spend credits to deploy it again, but doesn't this contradict the point (heh) of the Pointshop?

- New Disease System
As a former medic I actually love the new disease system so far. This is going to give current medics a whole heap of more RP options, as well as some other regiments. The idea of a pandemic spreading throughout the ship inspires so many RP options that it's actually ridiculous, but ridiculous good. I'm excited to see where else this can go in the future.

- Pointshop Sell Dialogue
:carlton::carlton::carlton:

- Implementation of different Ammo Types
Even though I'm on the fence about the need to consistently acquire ammo for different weapons, I like the idea of having different ammo types. It did get annoying using all of your rounds with say a DLT-19 and then switching to your IQA-11, only to find you have 6 shots because you, well, used all of the ammo on the other weapon. So, +1 to this.

In any case, overall this is a pretty big update and there are a lot of good things here that will definitely spice up the gameplay a lot more. Kudos to the dev team for working their asses hard on this.

Edited by Greyback
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Replace the quest line of 'Kill x Event Characters' with 'Spend x time as an Event Character', do I need to go into detail why this would be so much better for the community?

45 minutes ago, Lars said:

Replace the quest line of 'Kill x Event Characters' with 'Spend x time as an Event Character', do I need to go into detail why this would be so much better for the community?

If they were to change the quest, they'd have to do another quest reset which would piss off even more people. I think they'll keep this in mind for the next quest restart whenever that is (probably a couple of months).

• Upvote 1

Just now, pinejack said:

If they were to change the quest, they'd have to do another quest reset which would piss off even more people. I think they'll keep this in mind for the next quest restart whenever that is (probably a couple of months).

Issue is that this quest was asked to change for weeks prior to the most recent reset, I even suggested exactly this weeks prior to the reset.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lars said:

Issue is that this quest was asked to change for weeks prior to the most recent reset, I even suggested exactly this weeks prior to the reset.

this makes sense and then event masters wont need to beg

Bruh why you guys always complaining when you have no idea what you're talking about. The event kills quest literally went from 15/20/35 to 3/5/10 and there is already a quest to participate in 3/5/10 events as well, balancing it out. Aswell as the NPC Kills, they shouldn't be a problem, they're easy to kill and hundreds are spawned each npc event, the quest system isn't supposed to be easy to prestige, you are supposed to have to grind for it.

• Poggers 1
  • Upvote 2

On the NPC kills, sure there may be heaps of NPCs spawn when there is an NPC event, the issue is that from my personal experience NPC events are incredibly rare, I don't think I have seen one in a number of months. 

• Upvote 1

@Pvtanderson To answer your question/comment. The reason why NPC events seem so infrequent is because they can only be held when less than 60 players are online. There are normally around 3 NPC events per week held on average. However, due to these restrictions they are normally held at early times during the day or late times at night meaning some of the player base may miss out.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:35 PM, SCHEFF said:

This new HUD and ammo drop system takes me back to the old DarkRP system the server used when we first started. 16 year old me would be very proud of how far we'd come as a community and as a server.

Also, new PAC3 content! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Tier 3 applications please

Amazing work guys, this is the best and most hype changelog yet, and this gives me so much faith in our development team. Can't wait for more.

Is there a way we can see what old content we can unsubscribe from btw?

I personally really like it