Bailey

May 4th Forums Competition!

May 4th Forums Competition
Hosted by Bailey and the Forums Team

Hello there! To celebrate May the 4th (being Star Wars day), @Wolf has allowed me to host a competition on the forums to celebrate the day with the community. The competition is essentially a guessing game for the community. There will be hints that are dropped on this post in the coming days if someone doesn't get the password until then. 

The password is only known by myself and select members of Management, no one is getting personalized hints and anyone who asks about the password privately or consistently will be blacklisted from earning the prize at the end of the competition. All hints will be made in reply to this thread.

Paramaters of the Game

The password is either a phrase or a word from Star Wars (including both Legends and Canon)
The password is grammatically correct and is written as it would be in actual Star Wars media.
The password can be related to any era of Star Wars all the way from the Old Republic up until Luke Skywalker's New Jedi Order

Once you have guessed the password to the forum, you are to type the password in the thread posted inside of it (incase there's any bugs and you can still get inside somehow)
https://imperialgamingau.invisionzone.com/forum/298-may-4th-forums-competition/

Footnote

I can see all your guesses, so nothing racist or insulting to other members of the Community, if found doing so, proof will be forwarded to Management and you'll be dealt with accordingly.

Good luck to all those who guess. Hopefully you don't guess it too quickly.

• Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey @Bailey,

This competition sounds like a rather interesting concept and I think people will have some good fun with it, I do however have several questions that I feel could provide clarification for individuals interested in participating. 

1. Where are guesses for the 'password' to be submitted, are they to be entered in the replies to this thread or is there an alternate mode of submission?

2. What are users competing for, as this was not specified? Is it just for fun or is there some kind of prize involved to incentivise guessing?

3. When will the competition end?

Regards,

Sully

Just now, Sully said:

1. Where are guesses for the 'password' to be submitted, are they to be entered in the replies to this thread or is there an alternate mode of submission?

2. What are users competing for, as this was not specified? Is it just for fun or is there some kind of prize involved to incentivise guessing?

3. When will the competition end?

1. The password is to be submitted in the forum which can be found here and is automatically prompted for when you try to enter.

2. There is a prize provided by @Wolf it hasn't been decided upon yet.

3. Once someone guesses the password I'll unlock the forum. It can go for as long as it needs to I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

- snip -

Thanks for the clarification, I am sure that will help some people out. Best of luck to those competing and may the odds be ever in your favour :) 

Regards,

Sully

I already tried the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise... Keep searching boys!

6 minutes ago, |Stryker| said:

I already tried the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise... Keep searching boys!

26 minutes ago, Dax said:

well, i am just going to go thouge quotes starting off with hello there

What makes you think its a quote? Maybe its a piece of fruit.

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

What makes you think its a quote? Maybe its a piece of fruit.

well, im pretty sure its not going to be Muja fruit, which is used to make muja sauce which is a common topping for space waffles 

and yes i have already checked if it is one of those two things

Edited by Dax

I have scowered the depths of wookieepedia for a solid 5 minutes, can confirm my brain hurts.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

I've tried the entire Dex's Diner menu. Good luck boys.

Did you try Photon Fizzle?

I done all the quotes from ep 3, i dont like sand, i killed the woman and children and a shit ton of random fruit now im just gotta do droids, planet and guns

That's it, I'm cracking out the "Galaxy's Edge Cookbook"

(Maybe for a stiff drink while I bash my head in trying to figure out this password)

22 minutes ago, Stuba said:

When is the first hint going to be posted?

Unknown yet mate. Maybe I'll put it on the Server tomorrow during the May 4th Event so those online have first dibs.

Hint #1: While obscure, will help you on the right path to uncovering the truth and the password to the locked thread.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Hint #1: While obscure, will help you on the right path to uncovering the truth and the password to the locked thread.

Gotta go scrub though every single scene  that uses this song

27 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Is the password a single word or can it be a sentence?

It can be anything related to Star Wars, whether that's a word, phrase or full quote.

I feel like i'm so close yet so far away. I thought I had the quote but it didn't work I had the sound and the second hint but it wasn't it :*(

When you mean grammatically correct does that also mean periods,commas and Semicolons?

Edited by Phobia
Fixing/Adding

21 minutes ago, Phobia said:

When you mean grammatically correct does that also mean periods,commas and Semicolons?

Yes.