Bailey

[SPOILERS] TCW Episode 11: 'Shattered' Discussion

Spoiler

This is the discussion thread for Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 7's Episode 11 'Shattered'. This, much like every other discussion thread we have on these forums must all be placed inside a spoiler tag to prevent spoilers for those scrolling the forums having not seen the episode yet.

Overall, I loved the episode, it had so many unique little touches with the overarching story being that Order 66 has just been called, Rex being unable to control himself until he gets the Inhibitor chip out (well, Ahsoka does I suppose) and all of the Clones who can't stop themselves either. All of Fives' work and his sacrifice led up to saving Rex and Ahsoka's lives, he didn't die in vain, which makes me happy. He fulfilled his duty. The episode is brilliant and I can't wait for next week.

The following is some of the thoughts I had throughout the episode.

Thoughts

• I have been waiting for this episode all week, ever since I knew order 66 was coming, the TV spot had me hyped and it was all so tense. I don't even know if I can get through this. Its one of those things that I want to see, I have to fucking see, but I don't know if I can do.
  • I mean, the episode even starts off with that accustomed clone music, pitched down to give us an eery feel.
  • Hey look! That Pilot Ahsoka saved is standing there, look at him alive and shit, I'm glad he lived :).
  • 'I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi' he said the fucking line, oh no oh god oh fuck. Its gonna happen, I don't want this to happen, its a direct cross-over from Revenge of the Sith. Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura are there too, their last meeting with the Jedi High Council before Order 66 :(.
  • 'I did my duty as a citizen' 'Not as a Jedi?' 'No, not yet.' - Makes it seem like she may have gone back to the Jedi after all this time.
  • Man, fuck you Mace Windu 'Sorry citizen.' this is the fucking reason Anakin turned to the darkside ya dog!
  • 'I will tell Master Skywalker when I see him' cut a little bit, knowing that the next time they'd meet it would be with Anakin as Vader.
  • The music is getting more and more eery and tense as the episode goes on, it has me tensed up in my seat, knowing exactly what will happen next.
  • Hey look, its Sabine Wren's Mum!
  • I liked the Shock Troopers / Coruscant Guard showing up to give Ahsoka a hand with the transport of Maul. As well as they left a large number of the 332nd on Mandalore, once again showing us the beginning of the grip that the Empire actually had over them.
  • Holy fuck, so many Clones, Ahsoka's going to have to fight her way through literally all of them, with possibly the help of Maul after she releases him from the force contained cell.
  • God, the TV spot still hits me differently, all the clones saluting Ahsoka. Ahhh. and the Rex line 'Without it, we clones wouldn't exist.' the inner turmoil chewing him and others apart, the War shouldn't have happened and no one wishes it had, but without it, they wouldn't exist and be who they are.
  • 'The Republic couldn't have asked for better soldiers, nor I, a better friend.' really hurts me, it truly makes what's coming hurt a lot more. Then Ahsoka lets Rex go see the next briefing on his own, which worries me, because I know exactly what the next briefing is. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
  • THEY CAN SENSE IT, MACE IS DEAD, HOLY FUCK NO. Maul and Ahsoka can both sense Anakin's turn to the darkside.
  • FUCK NO, REX STILL HAS HIS CHIP IN, HE CANT CONTROL HIMSELF. 'Execute Order 66' 'Yes, Lord Sidious.'
  • He drops his fucking helmet, he doesn't want to do it, but he can't stop himself, he's trying to fight it and remember what happened to Fives after all of that. He hit his head, which makes me think he's going to be able to resist it when the time comes to make the choice.
  • The absolute coldness in Rex's voice ordering them to hunt her down and find her.
  • Maul putting the pieces together is brilliant, him understanding the control chips, Sidious' plan to turn the Clones against the Jedi, he understands it now.
  • I understand Ahsoka not giving Maul the saber, but I wish she had of, seeing him fight with a blue saber would have been so cool.
  • Also, the fucking Clones putting their 501st helmets back on, signalling the fact that they no longer care for Ahsoka at all.
  • The droids helping her discover the plot to destroy the Jedi is brilliant, the reports and Fives' (RIP my guy) death not being in vain afterall.
  • BRO, MAUL PULLING UP WITH NO SABER AND JUST KILLING FOOLS. The sheet going through their heads, the trooper being cut in half using another, the door slicing his hand off so Maul knows about their plans to deal with him.
  • The droid sealing all of them off to give Ahsoka a chance to fix Rex is a nice little plan, they stopped him and then cut him off, I liked it, it was subtle and well executed.
  • The manual override was kind of cool, being able to open a door without a droid by using a similar technique to them, and obviously being slower because he's a Clone, not a droid.
  • YOOOOOOOO, THE CHIRRUT IMWE LINE. 'I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.' did she eventually meet Chirrut (the blind bloke from Rogue one btw) and teach him that line? That's fucking sick.
  • REX WITH THE SAVE. HE DOESNT HAVE THE CONTROL CHIP IN. The look of despair on his face when he has to kill those troopers to save her, the crushing weight because he knows that they can't take the control chips out of every Clone, and that every clone, even those who love their Commanders and respect them in a friendship like Rex's and Ahsoka's aren't going to be able to stop themselves. The order was already sent out, they can't do anything to stop it, fuck man.

Conclusion

I don't think I can wait for next week, I'm...I'm jaw dropped. Its a brilliant arc and if the ending is as good as the rest of these episodes, this will be my favourite arc and ending to a show, period. The discussion thread will come up as SOON as I see the episode next week.

Hopefully, much like this time and all the times before, I beat those trying to spoil it.

:)

• Like 1
  • Poggers 1

Spoiler

this episode hit me in the feels... super hyped for the next one.

also, ashoka be like...

What Planet Is The 'Rogue One' Beach Battle On? Scarif Is Both ...

Edited by Butcher
  • Poggers 1

3 minutes ago, Butcher said:
  Hide contents

this episode hit me in the feels... super hyped for the next one.

also, ashoka be like...

What Planet Is The 'Rogue One' Beach Battle On? Scarif Is Both ...

Spoiler

dude, straight up, maybe they met or something???

• Poggers 1

Spoiler

I CALLED IT LAST WEEK! THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD, I WAS SHAKING LEADING UP TO THE CLIMAX!

The Music was straight outta another universe, so eery and still leading us on to the moment. "Yes, Lord Sidious".

You could tell it was hard, even for Ahsoka to reflect the bolts to kill the clones, fuck this shits hits hard. God dammit. Also time for 2nd viewing.

If the music got more eery, it would be fucking Stellaris.

Edited by Mauler
  • Poggers 1

Spoiler

Mail cutting through those 501st, and especially the bit where he force pulls their weapons away from them reminded me of the Vader Rogue One scene where Vader does the same to the Rebels

• Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

so is the next episode on monday or tuesday?

But heck me dude that episode, Honestly couldn't care less about all the jedi dying /shrug Anakin, Obiwan and Ahsoka are the only ones i care about and there all fine [be it a bit crispy for one of them ;)] 
Love me some clones, fricking frack i love me some goddamn clones.
Its epic to see more of the clones perspective of order 66 and hunting down the jedi its actually pretty lit and gotta love our boy Rex dudes a beast and in the end will do anything for Ahsoka even though the clones are his brothers I feel like theres a true kinship between him and ahsoka.
Can't wait to see how Gregor and Wolffe fit into it [hope to see them in the next episode even if its for just a scene] and am so hyped for the true ending to clonewars :) 

• Poggers 1

7 minutes ago, |Stryker| said:
  Hide contents

so is the next episode on monday or tuesday?

But heck me dude that episode, Honestly couldn't care less about all the jedi dying /shrug Anakin, Obiwan and Ahsoka are the only ones i care about and there all fine [be it a bit crispy for one of them ;)] 
Love me some clones, fricking frack i love me some goddamn clones.
Its epic to see more of the clones perspective of order 66 and hunting down the jedi its actually pretty lit and gotta love our boy Rex dudes a beast and in the end will do anything for Ahsoka even though the clones are his brothers I feel like theres a true kinship between him and ahsoka.
Can't wait to see how Gregor and Wolffe fit into it [hope to see them in the next episode even if its for just a scene] and am so hyped for the true ending to clonewars :) 

Spoiler

Next episode is out May 4th, so Monday 5pm for us I assume.

Spoiler

Getting some real fucking Stellaris vibes from the soundtrack, absolutely incredible work. The entire episode I was trying to sync up the moments with ROTS, but the music pretty much did that for me. The sequence where Maul was being transported planetside up until Rex & Ahsoka have their last chat before Order 66, is definitely parallel to the scene where Anakin is back at the temple waiting for Windu to deal with Sidious.

Also, can we appreciate just how fucking beautiful everything looks? There is so much detail in everything, from the animations to the stubble on Rex's face... just... WOW! Also loving the design for ARC Trooper Jesse when he comes in blasting, fucking sexy as hell.

Ahsoka getting help from the droids is a nice touch. The Jedi and the Clones are all one thing, but can we take a moment to appreciate these guys? There's only ever really been 2-3 arcs with these guys in the entire series (correct me if I'm wrong), and two of those are with R2 and '3PO, so it's nice to see some other good droids in action one last time. The R7 reunion was nice as well. Also, the Cheep? droid sounds an awful lot like Chopper from Rebels, and looks a little similar. Is this the Clone Wars version of him that we see prior to Rebels, or is this just a particular model that also has different variations?

Spoiler

writing while watching btw

• Hype hype 
  • piracy site finally uploaded it omg
  • yes
  • part 3 lets go 
  • things finally look "good" on mandolore
  • they got him :DDDD
  • Maul is captured
  • damn that sister relationship got me ;(
  • hey more foreshadowing i like I dont like 
  • oooh politics
  • wow mace kinda mean :(
  • bruh yoda was the only one who cared for her man
  • thats got me tearing up a bit
  • May the force be with you :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • Such good friends 
  • Shits gonna hit the fan soon omg
  • maybe not
  • i love how all the clones still respect ashoka, it's wholesome af
  • ashoka and rex's friendship is fucking amazing omg
  • damn those two saluting making me cry omg aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
  • oh god
  • it's not good news
  • OH NO
  • OH GOD
  • MAUL AND ASHOKA KNOW IT
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • FU CKFUC KFUCU UFKJC UFJKFC U
  • NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • REX NO
  • OMG DON't CRY FUCK
  • AH
  • oh god
  • this is bad
  •  
  • AN UNLIKELY FRIENDSHIP!   OH YEAH
  • I love they are allies but not allies
  • the whole concept of how maul still supports his master even after everything he's been through is amazing 
  • All the droids are friends of ashoka
  • amazing
  • ah yes
  • Computers
  • ah yes ashoka knows anakins password
  • bruh maul is a unit
  • ooh
  • ooooh
  • Medic rp
  • REX YOU SON OF A BITCH
  • YAY
  • bruh fuck that cliffhangar
  • 10/10

• Haha 1

(COMMS) Jedi High General Mace Windu: I'm sorry, citizen. These matters are for the council to discuss.

[AOS-ADDAhsoka Tano has made Mace Windu AOS for reason: Disrespect. | Location: Unknown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

Meanwhile... a couple hallways away... 

Maul [Force Push] CT-4381
Maul [Corpse] CT-7314
Maul [Corpse] CT-3484
Maul [Corpse] CT-2131

Maul [Durasteel Panel] CT-9323
Maul [Force Abuse] CT-6174

Maul [Durasteel Panel][Decapitation] CT-9553
Maul [Durasteel Panel][Decapitation] CT-2731

Maul [Durasteel Panel] CT-3183
Maul [Durasteel Panel] CT-7826

Maul [Durasteel Panel] CT-2918 'Ridge(Plot Armour could protect him no more)

Maul [Force Pull][Blast Door] CT-5649 (He's definitely dead after that, would have bled out at least)

Edited by TheNegotiator
  • Haha 4
  • Poggers 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.