[SPOILERS] TCW Episode 10: "The Phantom Apprentice"

Spoiler

This is the discussion thread for the 10th episode of the Seventh Season of the Clone Wars, this is a thread in which you are allowed to discuss spoilers for the episode overall, but it all most be done in a spoiler tag in order to stop ruining the episode for others. Remember, first time is a hide of the post, second time is a warn and third time is a ban ingame and on the forums.

Overall, I really loved this episode dude, it wasn't as action packed and as 'ooooo' as last episode with all the changes, but it had so many cool references and the fact that MAUL FUCKING KNEW ABOUT ORDER 66 AND ANAKIN, HE HAD A VISION BRUZ was insane. It really shows how close the Jedi actually got to stopping Sidious and Order 66, I know we're 100% gonna get Order 66 next week, I can feel it coming and I don't think I'm ready.

My notes while watching the episode.

• Bro, it starts with a "Lucasfilm Productions" again, and then we get Part II. :EYES: bro, I'm excited.
  • Maul's monologue is interesting, he still wants Kenobi, but though he wants Kenobi he's interested in Ahsoka. Maul seems to be aware of Order 66, or something similar to that anyway, mentioning Darth Sidious and then refusing to kill Ahsoka by throwing Rex into her.
  • So the Council suspects that Sidious orchestrated the Clone Wars, and during the first episode Revenge of the Sith has begun, Dooku is now dead which is sending chills down my spine, because its slowly becoming closer to that...that terrible order, I don't think I can handle it, its not even happening yet.
  • We get to see a little bit more on the Jedi's distrust of the Chancellor and how closely they truly got to realising that he's Sidious right before Order 66 and the betrayal of the Clones.
  • We jump into this weeks trailer / tv spot and meet Trooper Sterling, Maul now has Jesse which is devastating, I love my boy. Its interesting that Maul can look into Jesse's mind without much time needed, they also directly mention that Jesse is an ARC Trooper, though it was obvious by his garb.
  • Maul keeps talking about and mentioning Order 66 'The Plan' 'The Grand Plan' without directly referencing it, if only they could've captured him, he's aware of it coming, he's becoming more desparate and according to the now late Prime Minister, he had a sense of dread, which leads me to believe he is FULLY aware of Order 66 and what it means.
  • Almec mentions Skywalker's name because Maul saw it in a vision, which once again keeps hinting at the fact that its coming and Maul knows, he knows Anakin is going to be the one to become Palpatine's new apprentice 'Dooku and I are one in the same, always one step behind' because he knows they were both a pawn in Sidous' game.
  • Maul's hype up speech to the Mandalorian's loyal to him was interesting, I like the way he's manipulating them to keep fighting for him.
  • YOOO MAUL SITTING ON THE THRONE WAS FUCKING SICK, LOOK AT THIS COCKY FUCKER. Jesse looks almost broken, he feels defeated because he told Maul about everything, though he couldn't help himself.
  • The explosives are fuckin' sick in the background, as well as Maul's people once again being manipulated into throwing themselves to their death for him.
  • Maul's monologue is...pefect, I love his monologue, there's no way for me to explain it in words, he's desperate, he's manipulative, he's genuine all at once, he wants Ahsoka to join him and REALLY defeat Sidious, he wants her to help him end the Clone Wars and stop Order 66. THEN MAUL STRAIGHT MENTIONS THE FACT THAT ANAKIN IS GOING TO BECOME VADER, HE STARTED THE WHOLE MANDALORIAN WAR JUST TO STOP SIDIOUS AND KILL ANAKIN, HE WAS IN THE RIGHT, HE WAS IN THE FUCKING RIGHT THE ENTIRE TIME AND SHE JUST COULDN'T SEE IT, THAT MIGHT BE WHY SHE SOMEWHAT TRUSTS HIM IN REBELS.
  • The action sequence during their battle was fucking sick, perfect choreography and the contrast of the red vs blue in the throne room as well as out on the battlefield with the Clones in blue alongside the Night Owls and Maul's people in the red, both fighting for what they believe in and for their lives, even if Maul's people were manipulated and betrayed.
  • 'No, I think not. Die well, Mandalorian.' was such a badass line, he finally shows Gar Saxon his true intentions as a real kick in the gut to his already defeated people.
  • The fight up in the rafters and along those beams was so fucking cool, it highlights the fact that both Maul and Ahsoka use athletic and agile fighting forms in their lightsaber combat.
  • Then Maul was defeated, instead of wanting to be captured and presumably executed, he wanted to die, he didn't want to face down Palpatine when he KNOWS Order 66 is coming.
  • Ahsoka was sitting on the support beam and contemplating what she got told by Maul, the fact that he thinks that Anakin is going to become Sidious' new apprentice, which he (as we know) does. 

Spoiler

Glorious Episode 

Brilliant from the start 

I loved how this episode made you think about everything from episode 3 and made you question how it works 

the final battle was amazing, start till end Maul and Ahsoka

The fight was amazing and looked perfect

10/10 episode 

Spoiler

Time to rewatch that episode 4 more times...

FUUUUUCK IT WAS SO GOOD! THE SABER FIGHTS WERE SETTING A NEW STANDARD and the blaster fights!? Mmmmm they were good too, rex taking cover and shoulder peeking the ATTE wreckage, firing underneath it, that was so sick. And with Ahsoka actually WINNING HER DUEL TWICE AGAINST MAUL!? She lost her sabers again though.

I actually thought after she dropped her first saber, it was going to form that scene on Utapau in RotS where the saber drops to the ground and then rex picks it up, that might have been nice.

I'm really curious how they are going to fit rex into taking out his chip. And linking up with Wolffe and Gregor, maybe he doesn't take out the chip and he's initially hunting ahsoka and then snaps out of it?

1 hour ago, |Stryker| said:
  Hide contents

chills... 
why do i have to wait 7 more days for the next episode and an extra 3 for the finale. :'(

Spoiler

Kinda exciting that we get the finale on may 4th but :)

Spoiler

Actually on the second viewing, I noticed that Maul went very Agent Smith when talking to Ahsoka in the throne room... if it was intentional, thats fucking sick. If it wasn't, its still fucking sick.

Ahsoka said in Rebels that the last time she saw Anakin was when he went rushing to save the Supreme Chancellor. Which means that Ahsoka will not meet Anakin again after this, which means she most likely won't be returning to Coruscant and the Jedi Council... and we all obviously know why she's not returning. This is hitting me directly in the feels.

52 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

Hide contents

Ahsoka said in Rebels that the last time she saw Anakin was when he went rushing to save the Supreme Chancellor. Which means that Ahsoka will not meet Anakin again after this, which means she most likely won't be returning to Coruscant and the Jedi Council... and we all obviously know why she's not returning. This is hitting me directly in the feels.

Spoiler

Unless she sees him just before he goes to confront Windu at the Senate Building... but that's unlikely.

Spoiler

Also is "Sterling" now a Lore Character? Aight @Eren, cough up your character now...

Edited by Mauler
1 hour ago, Kristofer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

If you want to spoil yourself, the leaked episode descriptions for Episode 11 & Episode 12 tell you what happens and why she is unable to reach the Jedi Council with Maul.

20 minutes ago, Mauler said:

Also is "Sterling" now a Lore Character? Aight @Eren, cough up your character now...

Spoiler

I am roleplaying as a former 501st Clone Trooper who then transferred into the Imperial Security Bureau and somehow has not aged/died by this point. I have been doing this since 2018 without Management approval, and I shall not be starting to ask for it now.

P.S. This is sarcasm. All things considered, the Clone Trooper Sterling will either die or execute Order 66 in the next 2 episodes, or possibly both. It's going to break my heart, but it's the only reasonable assumption at this point.