Chubbs

Clone Wars Should Come Back.

Clone Wars Debate.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Clone Wars should come back?

• Agree
    • Disagree

11 hours ago, Sky said:

Here is genuinely an interesting idea, but unsure if you could do it, however, it would help out quite a bit for management.

How about setting up a poll in which if you vote you get like, 1k credits or something, and then put the poll on the server to pop up every now and then.

The credits will be given whether you vote for or against, but you can only vote once, therefor people have a reason to vote and you can get a larger percentage of the communities vote.

Just a thought.

I doubt people would really put thought into voting they would just vote for the sake of a monetary reward or the fact that we shove a poll in their face rather than actually get any meaningful data out of it

10 hours ago, Higashi said:

IF the server is actually being made (or is currently in the works as we speak) I'd assume it would take alot of time to refine the big and small things server side, with that in mind are you as the development team @Ragetank (Sorry for @ but u da head guy) be expanding to other games such as a Minecraft server which has a significantly easier playerbase to drawin and remain stable with its fluent donation perks, transactions and mc voting system.

(Supreme Commander 2 Imperial Gaming Team surely too)

IG has tried minecraft on multiple occasions, most of the time it dies within a week.

There's several areas of this that are both positives and negatives. Personally, I wouldn't be interested in micromanaging between two servers, so if Clone Wars popped off I would just stick to Imperial. It's a matter of downloading even more content and then keeping track of things happening on both servers, especially if you're in a CO/power position. That's just me, though.

In saying that, starting up Clone Wars is probably the best move to make right about now. In the short-term, what with COVID-19 and a lot of people staying home, the current server's population is hitting a peak 128 players during prime time. Splitting up the management between two servers would not only allow more people to play, but also lessen the stress put on the main server with the amount of people playing on it. As we all know, Garry's Mod isn't exactly designed to support 128 players. It's a miracle that it even can, to be honest.

In the long-term, however, Clone Wars might face the same fate that it probably had when it launched the first time: lack of interest/players (don't quote me on that, I wasn't here for the IG CW days). Once all this #StayAtHome is over, population will likely begin to dwindle and things may return to what they were like 1-2 months ago.

I'm looking at this based on present statistics, not so much on demand. A second server would do good for the interim, but come June-July it might be a different story.

With that being said, I'm sitting on a Neutral about this

Edited by Greyback

2 hours ago, John said:

IG has tried minecraft on multiple occasions, most of the time it dies within a week.

The server has never officially tried minecraft, if so it would've been very very early in IG

On 4/14/2020 at 3:02 AM, Bailey said:

I miss Clone Wars RP, the comradery of it, all the boys together and the memories that came from it, we weren't 100% serious all the time, but we liked our SeriousRP when we needed to be serious, but we relaxed when we needed to. It was one of my favourite times in Garry's Mod, period. We've seen #CloneWarsSaved, but now I want #IGCloneWarsSaved, we can make it better than what it was, I know we can.

+1 - Bring Clone Wars home.

Whole Heartedly Agree, Clone Wars was exciting to get on everyday and if it did comeback I'd be willing to re-join the Event Master Team for the clone wars community.

It was quite possibly the fun nest time I ever had on Imperial Gaming and Bailey, Luigi, Siege, Happy and I have reminisced in the past about possibly bring this back, it's always been a back and forth subject and quite honestly was one of the best experiences we've had. Genuinely I must say it was very enjoyable even with a low playercount we would get people like welshy coming on and running very enjoyable campaigns and events for the server. I would imagine there would be a new hype around it but we also need to prepare around the fact that the launch date will not be the same as the server all time around like last time. We had regiments that could fill up the 20 slots but not enough people to fill it. Commanders would constantly leave, If I recall correctly 7th had 3 commanders until I took over and stuck with it until the end of the Server. I've still got the old 7th discord server full of all my members who have been waiting for the day it would finally return and this seems like the perfect time for it. Now as Khronos or Chubbs has said Yeah it is around season 7, Yes the hype would probably die down. But I know myself and the other old Clone Wars staff would do everything in our power to keep the server running. I've been wanting the server to come back for months now. The server was so good that even Kosmos used to come on daily and during the weekends when he was free from University work to play on the server. We just need active and dedicated members to keep the server running. Imperial RP is becoming stale and I believe Clone Wars will fill the void for most of us.

Edited by Mongo
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 5

Though I spent more time on Imperial, CW was the funnest thing ever and seeing it come back would be unbelievably epic . I have literal dreams about it and have been hoping for it to come back for a while.

I'd say more but it's all been said. 

+1

• Upvote 1

+1

I've not the most technologically minded when it comes to servers, but with the Clone Wars series being revitalised for a final season, and with many people having much more time on their hands because of the current global pandemic it seems like this would be the time to launch a server. 

+1 
I would really like to see the CW server come back to IG, as the CW server was the most fun I have really ever had in Gmod, and I never really could get into the Imperial Vibe

Edited by Frostwrath

+1 I would like to see a clone wars server made by imperial gaming 

Honestly... Ima have to -1

I remember clone wars, it was good, it was fun starting out. however, it got boring very, very quickly. Events where usually the same old "the CIS has come too fuck your shit up! quick, get the Jedi!". The RP was usually somewhat boring due to well... everyone being clones of the same person, bar the Jedi, and they where usually doing Jedi shit. You could barely go out of the base, and people where left wandering the base trying to figure out wtf to do, usually leading to some... weird shit. flashbacks to jeeps

I mean, Im not meaning to shit on the idea of clonewars RP, or the EM team in its and their whole, its just, the way it was done back then was sort of... well, really flawed. But, it had its moments. So, if you guys are going to bring it back, I highly suggest adding things to make it so people dont get bored 5 seconds after an event.

As per usual with my posts, not meaning to offend anyone. just putting it out there

also no this is not me coming back, im too busy drowning in school work

Edited by Pendragon

Not sure if this is still even a possibility but I am gonna have to say a big +1 to a Clone Wars server. I personally have been itching for a Clone Wars server that's not using CGI models for a long time but it just hasn't happened yet, at the time of this comment there are 51 positive votes towards the server, I know for a fact that there are a significant amount of people who haven't voted or commented on this or even who play on IG currently that would very likely play on this. One of the major appeals to me for the Clone Wars vs Rogue One is that it would be right in the middle of a large scale war which could lead to more intense events and there being a significant threat to us which I feel is sorely lacking on the Imperial server.