Clone Wars Should Come Back.

Clone Wars Debate.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Clone Wars should come back?

• Agree
    • Disagree

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To whom this may concern,   In recent times I've heard a lot of the stories of Clone Wars RP, and a lot of people making passing comments about wanting it back, saying something about "The good ol

Just before everyone gets over hyped Yes the new server will be better No it isn't 4x better so please don't expect 4x performance. With that out of the way I know there's always b

I miss Clone Wars RP, the comradery of it, all the boys together and the memories that came from it, we weren't 100% serious all the time, but we liked our SeriousRP when we needed to be serious, but we relaxed when we needed to. It was one of my favourite times in Garry's Mod, period. We've seen #CloneWarsSaved, but now I want #IGCloneWarsSaved, we can make it better than what it was, I know we can.

+1 - Bring Clone Wars home.

• Upvote 9
Just now, Bailey said:

I miss Clone Wars RP, the comradery of it, all the boys together and the memories that came from it, we weren't 100% serious all the time, but we liked our SeriousRP when we needed to be serious, but we relaxed when we needed to. It was one of my favourite times in Garry's Mod, period. We've seen #CloneWarsSaved, but now I want #IGCloneWarsSaved, we can make it better than what it was, I know we can.

• Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

Santos 3.0

14 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

Can we please bring back Santos rp

Tried it two times and both were unsuccessful, even though as much as I would like to see it's return I think it's time to try something else that being Clone Wars. If it's well planned and has a dedicated staff team and commander's behind it I don't see why it wouldn't work. 

Yes Clone Wars 2.0 sign me up +1

Edited by Hyperion
  • Upvote 1

For sure, I miss clone wars heaps! I literally watched some old videos from it today and it would be amazing to have it back. I'd like to hear Managements opinion on the matter to see where their heads at.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

+1

Clone wars was hella fun, but had a poor start to begin with, people who didn't wanna play on it applying for commander and 2ic spots and then going inactive, people who got high roles wanting to keep their roles on imperial so they stopped playing which stopped some regiments from doing anything.

Hope to see it return.

• Upvote 1

I believe clone wars is well worth another go, It was an experience I amongst many other thoroughly enjoyed playing for large periods of time daily. Something about the Clone wars era is so appealing and it felt like a fun ride everyday even though I did spend most my days running events it was still fun to Patrol the base it just had a different feeling to it, its hard to describe. The server was just forgotten about and deserves another look at as it has potential and so many lads disappeared because they weren't a fan of Imperial which is fair its not everyone cup of tea. I reckon if done correctly and updated, reworked etc and with a better management team it could truly work. Every time I end up in a conversation about CW I often look back and regret letting it shut down as I enjoyed it a lot and it was a good creative outlet for me and was an extremely enjoyable role play experience. If people who truly care about the health and well being of the server and making sure fixes etc are rolling out asap  are in positions of power this time around, I believe it could be much better than last time. I would definitely be playing on it if it were to come back again (Id still play Imperial as well I also really really like Imperial). Please do consider bringing it back, Santos got another shot I believe CW should as well. Last time CW didn't have the right management team behind it (No offence to them, They are both great people who I like to vibe with) but they just didn't work as hard as they could of, So if clone wars were to see a shot at redemption put a good strong team behind it that should allow it to thrive. The Roleplay aspect of CW is definitely a very enjoyable experience, Fighting for the Republic and the Jedi Order and working to eliminate the CIS from some mischievous attack on the base/ship was just more appealing to me personally thats one of the reasons I really enjoyed it. With brand new content and the Hype of Season 7 I think CW has a fighting chance to be a stable server. Thank you Khronos for making this post.  

Edited by Happy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

Clone wars was one of the best experiences I had it’s one of the reasons I came back during the time it was up. It wasn’t to serious and chill, during the time it was fun and enjoyable even tho the server was having low population. It was pretty fun joining RSC while Kurt was the commander of it(even though I was a shitty pilot and crashed into about everything.)

+1 #bringclonewarsback 

• Like 2

The idea is good on paper but in practice there are many things we got to take in to the equation. Theres is a reason that not many new severs that stay around for long and is it really worth to spend money with that uncertainty

• Thinking 1
  • Angry 1
2 hours ago, Dax said:

The idea is good on paper but in practice there are many things we got to take in to the equation. Theres is a reason that not many new severs that stay around for long and is it really worth to spend money with that uncertainty

There’s not much money to spend in my opinion, the models are there, the server is bought already, it’s just a time sink. If you have any purchases that I’ve missed that we’ll need to buy, be sure to let me know, but personally I don’t think there’s that much to actually buy.

Like any server there would have to be an already solid foundation for the server to come up smoothly and without any hiccups; a sizeable staff team willing to dedicate time to it, picked out (or applied) CO's for all the regiments and a dedicated playerbase for the server to actually be functional. It's all well and good to want to bring it back because people have such fond memories of the past experiences they may have had but you can't legitimately promise that the server will be kept up, like it or not the server may split the playerbase, users who have current long standing ranks on Imperial RP may not want to give that up for a shot at a weeks worth as an ARC trooper or a Jedi.

Icefuse is only popular because its a long standing community and its American, they expanded quickly and at the right time to multiple platforms, while IG is only Australian and has to work with the resources they have at their disposal, re-opening clonewars may be an excellent idea on the outside but may cause more problems for the community and management to deal with. And yes while IG management/staff may have the space for it, do they have the time and overall effort it will take to make this server happen and run smoothly.

• Thinking 1
8 hours ago, Happy said:

I believe clone wars is well worth another go, It was an experience I amongst many other thoroughly enjoyed playing for large periods of time daily. Something about the Clone wars era is so appealing and it felt like a fun ride everyday even though I did spend most my days running events it was still fun to Patrol the base it just had a different feeling to it, its hard to describe. The server was just forgotten about and deserves another look at as it has potential and so many lads disappeared because they weren't a fan of Imperial which is fair its not everyone cup of tea. I reckon if done correctly and updated, reworked etc and with a better management team it could truly work. Every time I end up in a conversation about CW I often look back and regret letting it shut down as I enjoyed it a lot and it was a good creative outlet for me and was an extremely enjoyable role play experience. If people who truly care about the health and well being of the server and making sure fixes etc are rolling out asap  are in positions of power this time around, I believe it could be much better than last time. I would definitely be playing on it if it were to come back again (Id still play Imperial as well I also really really like Imperial). Please do consider bringing it back, Santos got another shot I believe CW should as well. Last time CW didn't have the right management team behind it (No offence to them, They are both great people who I like to vibe with) but they just didnt work as hard as they could of, So if clone wars were to see a shot at redemption put a good strong team behind it that should allow it to thrive. The Roleplay aspect of CW is definitely a very enjoyable experience, Fighting for the Republic and the Jedi Order and working to eliminate the CIS from some mischievous attack on the base/ship was just more appealing to me personally thats one of the reasons I really enjoyed it. With brand new content and the Hype of Season 7 I think CW has a fighting chance to be a stable server. Thank you Khronos for making this post.

+1

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Eren said:

2nd times a charm?

Same was said for santos :feelsbirthdayman:

Would be better to wait for if and when the community goes to Mod&Play...

Edited by Butcher
11 hours ago, Bailey said:

I agree with all of this. The server was fun to join on and play events its a lot more fun then imperial in some points. I feel the first one was brought down due to bugs and issues with how the server was handled I believe it needs a second chance. Especially if it can bring some load off the main server.

9 minutes ago, Nada said:

I feel the first one was brought down due to bugs and issues

The amount of the time it crashed when trying to change maps tho oh god it was a nightmare

Just now, Echo said:

The amount of the time it crashed when trying to change maps tho oh god it was a nightmare

And how it somehow also crashed the imperial server? Remember off ships were canceled. Def-con stopped working was a mess. Also the whole thing with Marlu special op thing getting canceled due to ARC

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Nada said:

And how it somehow also crashed the imperial server? Remember off ships were canceled. Def-con stopped working was a mess. Also the whole thing with Marlu special op thing getting canceled due to ARC

That’s why the new dedicated server is a good time to get it back up and running, it’s 4x better than our current one and should be able to hold both Servers easily.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Bailey said:

That’s why the new dedicated server is a good time to get it back up and running, it’s 4x better than our current one and should be able to hold both Servers easily.

Yea why its the perfect time to do it and work on it. The amount of people with the April fools going bruh clone wars even in lego sign me up. I feel like the big ventor map would be a good map as well haven't played on it in ages but was a really optimized map

I'm not sure why anyone would shun the idea of Clone Wars, the only thing it costs is time, we have the models, we have the server and we have most of the people, it quite literally wouldn't cost a cent.

6 hours ago, Dax said:

Edited by John
  • Upvote 1
  • Kumo locked this topic