So i wanted to start this discussion as i have been thinking about these topics and am curious of the communities opinion so reply your thoughts.

Firstly, The stage feels more like a given thing and not a privilege. At this point when a debrief occurs 75% of the server is on the stage. and honestly most regiments/people shouldn't be on the stage.
The only people on the stage in my opinion should be, Inner circle, IHC, CL4+ and Inquisitors (not purge). I believe that you should earn your right to be on stage and just because your in a regiment that grants you access doesn't mean you deserve it. and by on the stage i also mean that regiments standing in the doors and on the walls should also line up. Navy, ISC and engineers should be lining up and so should purge and Compforce.

Secondly, During departure and other events i find a lacking amount of troopers, it seems that there are only speciality people and people in suits. This one doesn't bug me as much but it seems weird that for a community to be Lore friendly that 75% of the server are in suits or special regiments. And yes there are more regiments with troopers but you never seem to see more then 5 people on per army regiment. When you see the lines awaiting dropship assignment more of the server are on the sides or behind then people lining up in regiments.

Well after my little rant i understand it might stir up some controversy and i understand that i am not a army regiment and am far from it but i think making some of these changes can help the server be a little more interesting. Dont mean to call anyone out negatively just sparking some discussion and ideas.

-Verstappen

• Upvote 14

I think there is a reason why the military are down there and other up on the stage is because they are the ones fighting most people on the stage wouldn't fight in lore like the military so i think it is just about them being more focused on by the people giving the info about the missions or whatever, but I would like to see other peoples opinions.

• Upvote 1

100% agree. In my opinion CO's, Inner circle, Inquisitors (not purge), and IHC should be the only people on stage INF maybe too. Shock don't need 7 people standing at the front checking ID's everyone else should line up (there's literally CL1's up there). It makes the debrief look much nicer when there's a lot of people lining up. I liked the system clone wars had with every regiment waiting outside until their line was full with their regiments personnel and moving in as one.

Edited by TheApple
  • Upvote 1

I prefer it if the people with their officer's tunic on should stand in front whilst the troopers in armour line up, it is a lot more ceremonial.

I don't think that ALL uniform regiments should be on the stage, but at the same time I don't think they should line up as well as that would look unceremonial.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kristofer said:

I don't think that ALL uniform regiments should be on the stage, but at the same time I don't think they should line up as well as that would look unceremonial

What he said

Perhaps have security line up as well with the exception of maybe two or so troopers manning the entrance to to the stage. Compforce, Shock, DT, Chimaera, Nova and purge(?) (Not sure if I missed any security or not. ) make up a large portion of the active community base and their assigned role is to stand against the wall of the stage which honestly just looks weird. Put them in the lines and it'll make the debriefs look more lively. 

• Upvote 2

Well in reality I’d only need to put 2 shock troopers at the door to check for IDs, the rest of Shock just stands there really. So if this were to be applied for SK I’d have no problem getting the rest of them to line up. 
Of course I’d hope this would extend to the rest of SEC aswell.

I do agree that the stage gets overcrowded with so many people standing there instead of lining up, which ends up in the stage losing any and all meaning towards being significant.

Edited by Eren
  • Upvote 1

I agree, the stage has definitely lost it's novelty. I don't have exact numbers but most of the time it seem that there are more regiments allowed on the stage than in the lines. There's definitely some regiments that shouldn't be there, some examples being Compforce, Chimaera Squad and the various naval regiments.

Here's a list of all the regiments up there and my opinion on their stage status:

EMPEROR'S FAVORITES

• Inner Circle - Don't need a reason for this one!
  • Inquisitorius/Temple Guard - The organisation closest to the Emperor and Lord Vader. They would definitely be allowed up there.

COMPNOR

• Imperial Security Bureau - Call me biased, but I believe the ISB have one of the most important roles out of the uniformed regiments. They constantly work alongside high ranking personnel and provide security for the top-secret projects of the Empire. Though I definitely believe they shouldn't be as close to Emperor on the stage as they currently are.
  • Death Troopers - Private military for the ISB and personal bodyguards of high-ranking officers within it. Apart from 1-2 troopers to guard Krennic, I don't believe they should be on the stage. Perhaps they can serve a similar role as Shock in some way.
  • Inferno SquadThe best the ISB has to offer. Only consists of five members that constantly perform top-secret operations. They definitely deserve their spot.
  • Coalition For ProgressAlthough another subgroup of COMPNOR, they don't exactly serve the same importance as the ISB. Though I can see a case for them being on the stage due to not knowing much about the regiment myself.
  • Compforce - Private military for COMPNOR personnel. The only difference between them and the other military regiments lining up is the association with COMPNOR and the favor of Director Armand Isard.

NAVY

• Navy - They run the Star Destroyer and guide it in travelling and combat. They definitely have an important role on the Star Destroyer, but not so much on other maps and rotations. I think they're good where they are.
  • EngineersI know that they serve one of the most important roles overall due to the amount of technology the Empire constantly uses, but I don't think they should be on the stage. They weren't treated as formally as the standard navy members, and were commonly made up of alien races to perform hard labor. They can probably line up and fit in with the other military regiments if they put their helmets on.
  • Imperial Starfighter CorpsThey fly the many fighters and shuttles of the Empire, but were commonly treated like any other solder. Lining up seems like a good choice.
  • Chimaera Squad Same situation as Death Troopers. They're a private force for the Navy and personal bodyguards of high-ranking personnel. Apart from 1-2 troopers guarding Thrawn, there shouldn't be any on the stage.

THE OTHERS

• Regional GovernmentThey run, well, the government. I don't know much about the regiment so I don't know their exact importance, but I reckon they look good on the stage due to their formal attire.
  • High Ranking MilitaryI don't know the exact system, but I believe that only the commanders of the regiments are allowed on the stage. That's all good.
  • 62nd Shock DivisionThey don't really stand on the stage, but they definitely take a lot of focus off of it. It's bright red against the dull colors of dark-toned uniforms. Obviously have 1-3 checking ID's at the main entryway, but the others can spread out along the sides and keep an eye on the crowd.

Looking up it looks like we'd be cutting out all the security regiments and some of the navy regiments. We'd move COMPNOR down on the stage, possibly to fill the gaps that ISC/ENG have left behind, and only allow the big boys on the upper part of the stage.

Though that may not be enough itself. Perhaps a whole reconstruction of the debrief area could be considered to better display the amount of importance between regiments. Something that looks formal whilst also making the stage a place to be earned rather than given to a selective few regiments.

Anyway, I hope that helps a bit. Hopefully that didn't come off as disrespectful to any regiments, but feel free to tell me what you think.

Edited by Blazebeard
  • Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

Private military for COMPNOR personnel. The only difference between them and the other military regiments lining up is the association with COMPNOR and the favor of Director Armand Isard.

Private militia for the COMPNOR director.

Whilst I don't completely disagree with you, CompForce aren't exactly part of the military and would look strange for them to lineup as part of them.

8 minutes ago, Sky said:

Private militia for the COMPNOR director.

Whilst I don't completely disagree with you, CompForce aren't exactly part of the military and would look strange for them to lineup as part of them.

I disagree, they are in trooper uniform and look like scout/storm commandos so they would fit in

• Upvote 2

Just now, Verstappen said:

I disagree, they are in trooper uniform and look like scout/storm commandos so they would fit in

What they look like and how they function are two separate things, they may look like they fit in but the regiment isn't military.

CompForce is a militia who serves the COMPNOR Director, more so meaning, they are civilians with combat and intelligence training.

Does not exactly make much sense for them to be standing in line with the military.

• Downvote 1

I agree, make the stage half the size and kick half or more of the people off.

Edited by wflizzi

2 hours ago, Sky said:

What they look like and how they function are two separate things, they may look like they fit in but the regiment isn't military.

CompForce is a militia who serves the COMPNOR Director, more so meaning, they are civilians with combat and intelligence training.

Does not exactly make much sense for them to be standing in line with the military.

Hold on, if CompForce are recruited civilians, why should they still get stage access?

The stage is a place obviously made for important personnel of the Empire, excluding security forces. We have all the high ranks up there that have earned a position to stand up there, along with some highly formal regiments. If this statement is correct, that means that civilians are held in the same regard as some of the Empire's greatest. Not only would that be undermining some of the other regiments, but it just wouldn't make sense.

I understand they belong to the Director, but does that alone mean they should automatically get stage access? Since the Grand General owns the entire military, does that mean they all get to go up on stage too?

Not trying to sound disrespectful, but now it just sounds silly.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

Hold on, if CompForce are recruited civilians, why should they still get stage access?

The stage is a place obviously made for important personnel of the Empire, excluding security forces. We have all the high ranks up there that have earned a position to stand up there, along with some highly formal regiments. If this statement is correct, that means that civilians are held in the same regard as some of the Empire's greatest. Not only would that be undermining some of the other regiments, but it just wouldn't make sense.

I understand they belong to the Director, but does that alone mean they should automatically get stage access? Since the Grand General owns the entire military, does that mean they all get to go up on stage too?

Not trying to sound disrespectful, but now it just sounds silly.

CompForce are recruited civilians from the COMPNOR sector, who are the personal militia and guard of the COMPNOR Director Isard - Now, I am not saying that all of them should be up there and can concede that perhaps only the two highest ranking on should be up there, however - It really would not make sense for them to be standing in line with the military, is all that I am stating. 

Maybe there needs to be a line structure that tells regiments where to position themselves. I'd recommend legions such as the 501st and 107th cover the first 3 lines of each side of debrief followed by 275th and 439th. As these are the main regiments within the army structure other regiments could be grouped together too Naval regiments could group together with ISC, Engineers, Navy, and CS. COMPNOR with Compforce, DT, and CFP. After some thought I believe ISB and INF should be on stage. I believe that leaves only Purge without an actual position/group I'm not sure what you'd actually do with Purge but an idea is to still have them somewhat guarding by having them Infront of the stage rather than lining up, similar to what CS and DT do currently. Please correct me if I've left out any regiments

9 minutes ago, Butcher said:

petition for only gov to stand on the stage

Petition for that lazy old dude sitting down to make way for the fitnessgram pacer test guy

28 minutes ago, Butcher said:

petition for only gov to stand on the stage

I think we should just send all of Gov to Lothal or something, away from the ISD ;) <3

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, TheApple said:

Petition for that lazy old dude sitting down to make way for the fitnessgram pacer test guy

been there, done that

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Kristofer said:

I prefer it if the people with their officer's tunic on should stand in front whilst the troopers in armour line up, it is a lot more ceremonial.

I don't think that ALL uniform regiments should be on the stage, but at the same time I don't think they should line up as well as that would look unceremonial.

Im agree with kris, remove all the people with amour and let people who can wear suits stand on the stage

On 3/31/2020 at 10:53 AM, Blazebeard said:

• Chimaera Squad Same situation as Death Troopers. They're a private force for the Navy and personal bodyguards of high-ranking personnel. Apart from 1-2 troopers guarding Thrawn, there shouldn't be any on the stage.

Yeah CS don't stand on stage (Except CO)and I think this is a well-put reason to why but i do like your idea of having 1 or 2 on Thrawn. 

• Upvote 1

Why not just have what it used to be, CO's on stage, Navy/Gov/ISB on the other side of the stage, Major General+ equivalent center stage. People have slowly increased the amount of troopers on stage for some reason over time, really should be sent back to what it was.

• Upvote 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.