Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frosty__

Performance...

Recommended Posts

Gmod is probably one of the most unstable games I play on and since it runs on such an old engine its very unreliable. Im making this post today to tell you about some commands you can run in console to make your game run smoother.

 

gmod_mcore_test 1

This allows gmod to use multi-core rendering which will increase your fps anywhere from 10-150+ fps (Depends on your CPU). If you dont know what Multi-Core rendering is then ill tell you a bit about it. Multi-Core Rendering enables your processor to utilize more cores on your processor then the standard 1 core that gmod runs off.

 

r_decals 0

This removes all Decals from your game.  (de-spawns your blaster shots and blood stains)

These are two of the most common ways to get better fps while being on base and during events.

 

If your PC or Laptop really struggles to run Gmod i would recommend running pac_enable 0 as this will not render anyone's pac's and will help increase your FPS

I hope this helps with anyone who doesn't run gmod at high fps

 

Thank you for reading

Edited by Frosty__
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suprisingly helpful, would've loved this post when I was on my really awful PC. I feel bad for ISB who had to put up with my really laggy recordings with low frames. Cheers for the tips on behalf of all cabbage laptop people.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

!fps does this for you fyi

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kumo said:

!fps does this for you fyi

bind m "say !fps"

makes it even simpler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also put +gmod_mcore_test 1 into your gmod launch options so it does it on launch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might just drop this here and farm upvotes.

hook.Add( "InitPostEntity", "join_con_commands", function()

       RunConsoleCommand("physgun_halo", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("effects_freeze", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("effects_unfreeze", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_drawdetailprops", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand( "r_drawmodeldecals", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_showhints", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("gmod_mcore_test", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("datacachsize", "2048")
       RunConsoleCommand("mem_max_heapsize", "8192")
       RunConsoleCommand("mem_max_heapsize_dedicated", "4096")
       RunConsoleCommand("mem_min_heapsize", "1024")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_particles", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_renderables", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_threaded_bone_setup", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("snd_mix_async", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("mat_queue_mode", "2")
       RunConsoleCommand("host_thread_mode", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_queued_decals", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_smooth", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_ejectbrass", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("muzzleflash_light", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_drawflecks", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_forcepreload", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("sv_forcepreload", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("nut_cheapblur", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("nut_fpeffects", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_timeout", "300") 
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_updaterate", "20")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_cmdrate", "20")
       RunConsoleCommand("bucket_mcore", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("cw_crosshair", "0")

end )

 

 

and then drop this..

function fixlag()

    RunConsoleCommand("gmod_mcore_test", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("mat_queue_mode", "-1")
    RunConsoleCommand("cl_threaded_bone_setup", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("cl_threaded_client_leaf_system", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_client_shadow_manager", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_particles", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_renderables", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_queued_ropes", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("studio_queue_mode", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("M9KGasEffect", "0")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_shadowfromworldlights", "0")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_shadows", "0")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_drawdetailprops", "0")
    
    hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderColorModify")
    hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderBloom")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderToyTown")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderTexturize")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderSunbeams")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderSobel")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderSharpen")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderMaterialOverlay")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderMotionBlur")
     hook.Remove("RenderScene", "RenderStereoscopy")
     hook.Remove("RenderScene", "RenderSuperDoF")
     hook.Remove("PostRender", "RenderFrameBlend")
     hook.Remove("PreRender", "PreRenderFrameBlend")
     hook.Remove("Think", "DOFThink")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderBokeh")
     hook.Remove("NeedsDepthPass", "NeedsDepthPass_Bokeh")
     hook.Remove("PostDrawEffects", "RenderWidgets")
     hook.Remove("PostDrawEffects", "RenderHalos")

end

 

hypo for president, pulling through where the developers couldn't.

Edited by hypo
self-promoting
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hypo said:

might just drop this here and farm upvotes.

hook.Add( "InitPostEntity", "join_con_commands", function()

       RunConsoleCommand("physgun_halo", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("effects_freeze", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("effects_unfreeze", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_drawdetailprops", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand( "r_drawmodeldecals", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_showhints", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("gmod_mcore_test", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("datacachsize", "2048")
       RunConsoleCommand("mem_max_heapsize", "8192")
       RunConsoleCommand("mem_max_heapsize_dedicated", "4096")
       RunConsoleCommand("mem_min_heapsize", "1024")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_particles", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_renderables", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_threaded_bone_setup", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("snd_mix_async", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("mat_queue_mode", "2")
       RunConsoleCommand("host_thread_mode", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_queued_decals", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_smooth", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_ejectbrass", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("muzzleflash_light", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("r_drawflecks", "0")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_forcepreload", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("sv_forcepreload", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("nut_cheapblur", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("nut_fpeffects", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_timeout", "300") 
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_updaterate", "20")
       RunConsoleCommand("cl_cmdrate", "20")
       RunConsoleCommand("bucket_mcore", "1")
       RunConsoleCommand("cw_crosshair", "0")

end )

 

 

and then drop this..

function fixlag()

    RunConsoleCommand("gmod_mcore_test", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("mat_queue_mode", "-1")
    RunConsoleCommand("cl_threaded_bone_setup", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("cl_threaded_client_leaf_system", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_client_shadow_manager", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_particles", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_threaded_renderables", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_queued_ropes", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("studio_queue_mode", "1")
    RunConsoleCommand("M9KGasEffect", "0")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_shadowfromworldlights", "0")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_shadows", "0")
    RunConsoleCommand("r_drawdetailprops", "0")
    
    hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderColorModify")
    hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderBloom")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderToyTown")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderTexturize")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderSunbeams")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderSobel")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderSharpen")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderMaterialOverlay")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderMotionBlur")
     hook.Remove("RenderScene", "RenderStereoscopy")
     hook.Remove("RenderScene", "RenderSuperDoF")
     hook.Remove("PostRender", "RenderFrameBlend")
     hook.Remove("PreRender", "PreRenderFrameBlend")
     hook.Remove("Think", "DOFThink")
     hook.Remove("RenderScreenspaceEffects", "RenderBokeh")
     hook.Remove("NeedsDepthPass", "NeedsDepthPass_Bokeh")
     hook.Remove("PostDrawEffects", "RenderWidgets")
     hook.Remove("PostDrawEffects", "RenderHalos")

end

 

hypo for president, pulling through where the developers couldn't.

Are these just commands for the Dev Team to implement Server side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Are these just commands for the Dev Team to implement Server side?

naH Just CHuck them all in ur console bro

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Are these just commands for the Dev Team to implement Server side?

i think they're website addons bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Are these just commands for the Dev Team to implement Server side?

Roughly directed to the development team, would probably have to tweak the values to the servers specifics, but clients can do it themselves relative to their PC specs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Are these just commands for the Dev Team to implement Server side?

idk man looks like u type it in chat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gregis said:

naH Just CHuck them all in ur console bro

 

 

23 minutes ago, Butcher said:

i think they're website addons bro

 

19 minutes ago, Gregis said:

idk man looks like u type it in chat

Who are you guys again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

 

 

Who are you guys again?

they're shitposting... i got banned for simply talkin about source engine limitations and they can do this?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hypo said:

they're shitposting... i got banned for simply talkin about source engine limitations and they can do this?

We'll wait and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hypo said:

they're shitposting... i got banned for simply talkin about source engine limitations and they can do this?

not shitposting just poking fun at our most skilled developer #baileyforheaddev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gregis said:

not shitposting just poking fun at our most skilled developer #baileyforheaddev

Im not a dev for IG, do freelance stuff now and when they need models they come to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...