Sign in to follow this  
Volux

Adding skill to the game

Combat right now is pretty bad. The winner in a fight is basically based off what gun is better. Like aim means nothing as all you have to do is hit any part of the body to do full damage. however there is a addon that will reduce and increase damage on certain parts of players. The addon also adds a feature that allows players to shoot weapons out of other players hands (can be disabled.)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1156777490

I think its a great idea as players and regiments can earn reputation for being good at pvp rather than going "dude his E-11D is op" although it still would be somewhat difficult you would actually have a fighting chance.

its doesn't have to be this addon, it's just a recommendation. 

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

Problem is performance. As you well know the server is straining as it is with the amount of content it currently has.

You can add different hitreg directly to the model when making playermodels but it takes a bit more time and experience in making models. This option would be less straining than just adding more addons into the pile we already have.

Also if the fight is based off of who’s gun is better, how come Lime is one of the best PvPers in the server and his loadout is meh at best? (Besides his Anti Armour of course)

Edited by Mauler
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Mauler said:

Also if the fight is based off of who’s gun is better, how come Lime is one of the best PvPers in the server and his loadout is meh at best? (Besides his Anti Armour of course)

familiarisation with loadout? limes been playing the same dude since I joined in august 2017

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Mauler said:

33 minutes ago, [IG] Tackxo said:

familiarisation with loadout? limes been playing the same dude since I joined in august 2017

yeah bro he kinda quirky 

another thing with changing how weapons work is there is always be a group of people who will dislike it and will complain the whole time. The combat on the server is honestly, if not, the lowest thing we should all focus on improving. 

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, Mauler said:

You can add different hitreg directly to the model when making playermodels but it takes a bit more time and experience in making models. This option would be less straining than just adding more addons into the pile we already have.

None of the Stormtrooper models have hitreg in regards to helmets, arms, etc. and they were made by Markus & Venator, arguably the best devs GMod has.

2 hours ago, Mauler said:

Health boost, pointshop weapons, familiarisation with weaponry, generally better hitbox than most models on the Server (except that one time it broke.) Obviously he's good at fragging as well, but apart from that, that could be some reasons as to why he wins.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

None of the Stormtrooper models have hitreg in regards to helmets, arms, etc. and they were made by Markus & Venator, arguably the best devs GMod has.

It’s mainly because of the following reasons:

- It isn’t worth the commission.

- It wasn’t requested in the commission.

- They used an application that doesn’t support custom hitreg’s.

It IS possible but isn’t done often.

To add on, the server hasn't been designed for combat, it is designed for roleplay.  An E-11 scopeless has almost no accuracy because it is wielded by the Empires newest recruits.  An E-11D is insanely accurate and damaging because "According to the Us Magazine Collector's Edition - Star Wars Rogue One article Going Rogue, the death troopers were comparable to and inspired by the United States Navy SEALs. "

So on and so forth.  Combat is not the point of this server, roleplay is.  We try to make it enjoyable, but it is near the bottom of the priority list.

8 hours ago, Goliath said:

Combat is not the point of this server, roleplay is.  We try to make it enjoyable, but it is near the bottom of the priority list.

It's fine if it isn't priority. I just thought it would make the server more enjoyable to play.

Edited by Volux

7 hours ago, Mauler said:

Lime has learned the ways of the third person it's not hard to grasp

• Facepalm 2
  • Upvote 1

Make the weapons more projectile based, counters common aim bots, requires more skill in lining shots up

45 minutes ago, hypo said:

Make the weapons more projectile based, counters common aim bots, requires more skill in lining shots up

Aren’t most GMod weapons hit scan? How would we combat that fact?

Aren’t most GMod weapons hit scan? How would we combat that fact?

change the coding for each weapon I assume.

When I’m getting talk behind my back???

Ill say as as a person who joined FoR PVP. It’s honestly trash on the server atm. Was way better. And the constant changes to kits and weapons makes it pointless to bother to learn. I’ve learned my 1 gun... THE DC-17m over at least 6 times trying to figure dps, spread, reload and glitches to make it hit better or faster or stronger. And honestly as a main blaster... it’s kinda a fast but shitty e11 I’m not gonna lie.

now looking at the other comments. I have been learning blender as of resent as well as crowbar. Because IG stuck the finger up to IC. So I bring for the player hit boxs. Big reason y the hit box is the same is simply because most people copy and paste the same bones and hit boxes from working models. Is it hard to swap them for better ones? Yes. It takes actually a fair amount of time and that’s for models without bodygroups. Do able? Fuck yea like slap that put in a week.

does PVP on the server need a revamp? Yes. Shut up PvP is crap it needs to be fixed.

@Mauler Next time @ me. You little poop. Good at PvP cause the server although RP focused couldn’t RP to save it’s life

@Vadrian I only use 3rd person to peak corners safe or to get a whole map view. I shoot in single player. 3rd person combat kinda sucks.

@Goliath Rebels killed DT in lore. (Kinda sad) The E11 scopeless is like 7x better then scopes. As Rex would say “I can’t see with this dam thing on!” That comes down to preference. PVP should be higher on priority list when every event has shooting and the server first started off being military and combat based. And boy IC was the elite of the elite of clones who were based off navy seals first. And gotta be honest. Kit sucks. We don’t get to do our job even.

@Bailey  no I agree not worth editing all the models too much work... and yea no your write about the list. But that’s kinda saying something when the only thing I use in my Kit is my AA and that’s only some times. I mean even most point shop guns suck. IQA, DL-44 and Scatter are only good ones...

@Delta Dont judge me.

Rant over.

NOTES:

PVP is trash.

Needs a revamp.

Most kits are stupid and unbalanced. 

Server at its core is based off combat.

this is coming from a guy who’s been in the same Reg for 3 years almost on this dam server... just don’t include the two months in ISC.

@zaspan IQA Iron sight when?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, LimeStrider said:

NOTES:

PVP is trash.

Needs a revamp.

Most kits are stupid and unbalanced. 

Server at its core is based off combat.

Spoken like a champ. Like, imagine if the server had proper outplay mechanics where troopers can actually out class event characters. How fun would that be. Although event characters should have somewhat of an advantage with health and weaponry we would still have a chance to kill them without getting absolutely destroyed. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LimeStrider said:

@Vadrian I only use 3rd person to peak corners safe or to get a whole map view. I shoot in single player. 3rd person combat kinda sucks.

This is indeed what I meant by using third person I just couldn't be bothered clarifying it dw I did the exact same things in pvp situations when I was playing and I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said. My point was learning how to use the toggle between third and first person when in a fight plays a huge role in someone's ability to win it. Of course there's a number of things that have an effect on the outcome of a fight such as hp, loudout, layout of terrain etc but if both sides are on an even playing field and it's basically just down to skill, tactics, communication etc, learning how to do this well will easily see you winning more fights than you lose.

Don't know why I made a whole point about this but I did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this