Guest [E-38] Yoshikage

Thoughts on Second Characters?

Guest [E-38] Yoshikage

I mean like being able to unlock/donate for a second character slot. This way you can be in two regiments and could probably could be a solution to peoples burn out and enhance player enjoyment. (since most people want to try something else but don't want to leave their current regiment) 

A lot of other servers have it and it works for them so I think IG should get it added. You could like give it to people for free if they complete all the quests or reach level 100 or like have a week on the server in play time (idk just throwing out ideas) and I think overall adding it would be nothing but a positive addition to the server and could help a lot of dying regiments. (since I know a few people would use their second character to help out struggling regiments with player numbers) Please comment your thoughts since I would love to hear them!

What benefits would it add? I can only see people struggling to keep up activity juggling two characters.

Its an interesting idea, however, as seen on multiple other Servers, it creates artificial inactivity and leads to people being unable to commit to a singular character/regiment.

On top of this, we'd arguably need to double the slots in every regiment since there's more 'characters' needing regiments.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 3

It would only be feesible for people or rack up 20-50 hours a week on the server, those people can afford to juggle regiments.

For Example, when I was a Storm Commando, we set a 10 hour per week activity minimum. I was consistently getting 40-50 hours. We could in theory do it for those select individuals who are most active.

just MY 3 cents

People have tried to do 2 lives before and it just doesn’t work.

2 lives if you donate for a droid or BH role anything is else plain stupid.

1 hour ago, John said:

boring ass role

this me when they took away my eobard thawne roleplay

bruh you cant be eobard thawne. time travel ain't allowed! This aint star trek rp

• Angry 1

If you had a second character say your first character was gonna do some RP that you didn't want to do but someone else relied on, now there's 3+ people messaging you to change characters so you can do RP while you're either running tryouts or different RP 

Just wouldn't work at the current moment of the server 

I can see the appeal of having second character, but too many issues arise when this is put into practice. Other than what's already been stated, I can also see this of a way people can purposefully avoid the responsibilities they have on another character. 

This would also, invariably, result in huge amounts of metagaming, regardless of how much people say that it would not.  There are also many problems that are to numerous to consider, like who has the players medals?  What happens if someone is in the brig and switches?  If someone is super mingy on one, how will that effect how people view the other character?

Very cool idea, there are issues with this however.

An easy fix would have it to be if you donate for droids or a Bounty Hunter it gets put in a different slot to allow for more rp for the person who is supporting the server with donations.

I would only say to give this to people who have roles such as bounty hunter and droids since i know it can get fairly bored by being one. Since, people don't really get much out of the roles while being one.  

(cough when i realize the idea above me is basically the same sorta wish i could delete this now)

Edited by Echo

On 3/11/2020 at 6:50 PM, John said:

this would’ve been nice when I was GI, boring ass role

clearly just a bad GI m8  come at me bruz

• Haha 2