1. 1. Poll

• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

• Steam Name:
    HenDoge

• SteamID32:

• Steam Profile Link:
  • Age?:

• What Part of the community are you from?
    Imperial RP Server

• Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE):
    I’m currently in my third of a Computer Science Degree, double majoring in Software Development and Data Science. As a result of this, I have University level experience with Java, SQL, Python and Scala, as well as some experience in C used in terms of the development of operating systems. Additionally, I’ve been playing around in c# for several years now in my own time, and have recently been learning Lua.

• What type of content do you want to create for our server?
    Honestly, I wouldn’t mind what I was working on at all. I’d expect as a Junior Developer primarily I’d be helping more experienced developers in the implementation of their ideas and the likes. I’d also be more than happy to conduct any required debugging, testing and maintenance of existing content.

• Have you made any other scripts or content we should know about?
    Unfortunately, due to regulations at my University, I can’t post any previous assignments I’ve done here, but I’m more than happy to talk about them if anyone has any questions. I’ve worked on projects such as a task scheduler for an operating system, a basic asteroids game, and a database with an accompanying client application for inventory management of a video store. I’ve also worked on several other smaller, less interesting projects as part of my degree; however, I haven’t listed those here.

What I can show you is a small project I’ve created in gmod. The gist of it is there is a ‘Naval Agenda’ that permanently displays in the top left of the client’s screen. This agenda can be changed using a terminal entity that can be placed anywhere. When the player interacts with this entity, they are prompted to enter a new agenda, which will then be updated on all client displays. I've uploaded a video of the item in action below. If you have any questions about my implementation, please feel free to ask me about it.

While this is a relatively simple item, I feel it is adequate in demonstrating the use of derma panels, the gmod net library, and the creation of entities, all of which are key in the creation of content for the server. Obviously, I’d hope that as my skills and experience in Lua were to increase, so to would the creativity, complexity and usability of the content I create.

Additionally, I have also created my own (very simple and unfinished) admin ticketing system in which the user can create a staff ticket using the ‘@’ symbol in chat. This then creates a ticket popup for staff. There are several other small items I’ve also created, such as a health dispenser and several chat commands, but I won’t be including these here as I feel they are somewhat unoriginal and fail to bring much to the table.

I’ve also got half-working Discord Bot in a development server that I’ve been playing around with that integrates with Google Sheets and can pull data from the Shock Arrest Database, however I’m not going to be posting that here either. Just like everything else though I’m more than happy to answer any questions you may have about it, such as implementation and features.

Video Example of Naval Agenda:
    https://youtu.be/Spt2xbxlTBg

• Do you accept the Terms & Conditions of this application?
    Yes
Edited by HenDoge
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

+1 - Seems to be very experienced.

We already have a version of your example, but it is a very nice way to prove that you have the skills to do derma, basic entities, networking ,etc.

Applications is quite detailed, more importantly I’ve seen you around and know that you’re trustworthy. Although you couldn’t attach your University examples, it is understandable as my university has the same restrictions for work, and it is still made clear that you know what you’re talking about.

+1

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

+1

You have shown a good understanding of GLUA and seem to be a good guy.

1 hour ago, Luigi said:

+1

What else for this chad of a man?

6 hours ago, Goliath said:

+1

You have shown a good understanding of GLUA and seem to be a good guy.

On 3/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, Eren said:

Applications is quite detailed, more importantly I’ve seen you around and know that you’re trustworthy. Although you couldn’t attach your University examples, it is understandable as my university has the same restrictions for work, and it is still made clear that you know what you’re talking about.

+1

Accepted into the interview phase.

Find me on teamspeak and send me a message so we can go through your interview.