[SPOILERS] TCW Episode 3: On the Wings of Keeradaks Discussion

Spoiler

[SPOILERS] TCW Episode 3: On the Wings of Keeradaks Discussion

This is the third episode of the last Season of Clone Wars, once again, all responses must be within spoilers or punishments will be handed out.

I really enjoyed the beginning quote "Survival is one step on the path to living." A lot of the Clone Wars quotes are super well done and brilliant, but this one spoke to me a bit better than most of them usually do.

Once again bro, Hunter's vibroblade is actually fucking fire, its one of the coolest melee weapons in all of Star Wars behind the Lightsaber lmao.
I haven't mentioned it before, but I really like the look of the Techno Unions droids, they're unique enough that the Republic sees they're not Separatist droids, but close enough that the viewer can see they're allied with the Separatists.

"How long can you hold them off?" "How long do you need?" was the most badass line of all time, its going down in history bro. The absolute swagger all of CF-99 exude is just...top notch.

Unplugging Echo was brutally emotional, seeing how much he had relied on the machine and then even immediately cracking jokes, going back to his old self.
Wrecker tossing all of them up into the ventilation shaft was sick, just shows again his absolute power. He also seemed to realise he wasn't going to make it out of the room, possibly self-sacrifing until Anakin saved him with the force.

The Decimator droid is a unique thing we've not seen before, but it also seems relatively easy to beat, just fuckin shoot it when it comes through that tiny hole right?
Wat Tambor coming into the chamber with Echo and referring to him as an "it" really sells home the way he thinks about Echo and possibly all clones.
Echo having access to everything the Techno Union owns is kind of cool, could be some very interesting plot armour sequences that seem less forced due to the knowledge he now posseses.

Wrecker's freak out in regards to the height was eerily relatable, and his actual problem solving to himself was also relatable and realistic. Then when Crosshair falls, Wrecker, even with that massive fear of heights put it all aside to save him.

The name of the episode somewhat gave away them riding on the back of the Keeradaks, but it was a unique sequence nonetheless.

They can fly now?! Nah but seriously, the aerial droids were sick, it explains why they suck so much in ground combat, they're made for aerial combat in the Techno Union base.

"How you holding up Echo?" "Never better sir!" really hit home, Echo becoming more and more of a clone really makes me happy, Echo is one of my favourite Clones, period.
The natives fighting the droids was a fun sequence, because we again got to see the absolute efficiency and power of CF99, and we also got to see Echo back in action again.

During this sequence we also got to see Tech as more than a know-it-all, he kicked ass during the fight just like you'd assume, as he's a Clone like the rest of them.
Wrecker is a beast, like, holy fuck, the dude stops what looks to be like a 30 ton machine from touching down on the ground, the ground beneath him literally cracking, and he barely breaks a sweat the entire time.

"We must find a way to recoup on our investment" worries me, especially since Echo seemed to be a little bit off at the end of the episode with the "Just like old times". It worries me that he's going to betray them, I don't know.

"The Jedi will always have an ally here on Skako Minor." is an interesting line, could see Vader coming back and wiping them out in a comic?

"Rex, thanks for coming after me." "That's what brothers do." actually had me tear up, and made me think about the fact that Rex might have to break Fives' death to Echo when they're back on Coruscant.

Overall, while this is a good episode, its my least favourite out of the three in the final season because it had less 'woah' to it and more 'close out the arc' to it.

I am enjoying this season for what it is, and what it is, is a spin-off. When the hype for the final season came about, I was excited to see more of the clone army with the Galactic Republic - Not the happenings of Clone Force 99: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Bad Batch. The only reason I can see this not being a spin-off is if we get to see the greater republic forces in action but I don't see, if they were going to do it, why they hadn't started from the start because previous seasons were very successful at introducing squadrons without sacrificing the dual stories that they hosted almost every single season.

17 minutes ago, Sky said:

I am enjoying this season for what it is, and what it is, is a spin-off. When the hype for the final season came about, I was excited to see more of the clone army with the Galactic Republic - Not the happenings of Clone Force 99: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Bad Batch. The only reason I can see this not being a spin-off is if we get to see the greater republic forces in action but I don't see, if they were going to do it, why they hadn't started from the start because previous seasons were very successful at introducing squadrons without sacrificing the dual stories that they hosted almost every single season.

Spoiler

The whole season was already written like 5 years ago so idk how this is a spin-off and I'm pretty sure that this was the last episode of the arc anyway so you'll be getting to see plenty of large scale action over the next few episodes to when the season ends so don't worry about that. As for starting the season off with this specific story arc, I think it fit nicely since it brings back one of the fan-favourites in Echo as well as introduces a unique group of characters in The Bad Batch and was a pretty solid way to start off the season. Only things I think were wrong with it is that there were some incredibly tacky lines and I feel they wasted too much time on the arc using 3 of the 12 episodes for this season just to bring back Echo, when they could've just combined the first 2 episodes to make a 40 min episode 1 and then closed out the arc in episode 2 to make more time for the rest of the season.