[SPOILERS] TCW Episode 1: The Bad Batch Discussion

Spoiler

The Clone Wars Episode 1: The Bad Batch

Once again, all text MUST be within a spoiler or be hidden and I'll be issuing a written warning for the first offence, if it happens again there will be a ban from the forums, with possibly one ingame.

Lets get into the discussion though.

The episode begins and its fucking pog already, the little quote about differences (cos of the Bad Batch) and the animation style brings me back in. Then suddenly Anaxes, our map, was poggers, it also gives us a little bit more lore about Anaxes that we can use on the Server.

Seeing the whole 501st Legion being down there with Anakin was cool as fuck as well, the whole marching and atmosphere of Anaxes really shows how its supposed to look.

The animation style has seriously picked up, like I'm seeing a mix of original TCW and Rebels, and I'm loving it. Anakin picking up on the fact that Rex was unsure about something was interesting.

The image of Rex, Cody, Fives & Echo is heartbreaking, and then his monologue about losing troops, coming closer and closer to the brink of realising that he is a pawn in this war, not something that the Republic as a whole values, leaning into his move during Rebels and presumably at the end of the Season.

CF-99's entrance was a unique one, showing them as being unique and elite but, also that they can be a bit cocky (with their landing and all.) Then the "nice touch" line that we'd already seen hit home as much as I'd hoped it would've during the episode, rip 99.

It was cool to see Jesse as an ARC Trooper since we learn he becomes one. As well as seeing Kix again was nice. The update to Jesse's helmet was fuckinnnn sick, the new Phase 2 blue on that ARC style helmet had me poggin.

Hunter, Wrecker, Tech and Crosshair were all introduced in a relatively neat way, each of them already being unique in their own rights. The fact that CF99 (or some of them) look down on regular Clone Troopers is unique to me, some might see it as the opposite way around but with CF99 knowing that they, by all intensive purposes are better than regular Clone Troopers, why wouldn't they?

Hunter is probably my favourite of CF99, he's the most all-rounded. Wrecker is big and dumb. Tech is small and intelligent. Crosshair is quiet but deadly with a long rifle. Hunter is the most all-rounded member of CF99 being their leader and possible even the one who inspired the unit in the first place (besides 99 of course).

Then the attack on the droids by CF99 was done masterfully, showing all of their skills in a unique and fascinating way. Tech understanding the battle plans, Crosshair not missing a shot at all, Hunter getting down and dirty and being the only one wearing an actual Clone Commando helmet, then Wrecker carrying the entire fucking LAAT door was just an absolute

The Commando Droids were cool to see as well actually, they were an elite guard team for the Tactical Droid, something we'd never seen before.

The explanation of Hunter was interesting as well, explaining why he's unique and why he'd make a good squad lead (with the heightened senses and all).

Once again the conflict between regular troopers and CF99 arises with Crosshair boasting about them needing to call them in even if Rex's tactics were "so good." The only people who seem to betrying to be equal are Hunter and Rex, with the rest arguing about the eliteness of CF99 and the usefulness of regular troopers.

Taking of the outpost was relatively normal, but I still enjoyed it, especially that spiral coming up the elevator, that was beautiful and the cinematography/camerawork (even though its animated) in that fight was very well done by the team who animated the show. Once again we see even Hunter join in with the "not bad for a reg" talk, showing that even he looks down on regular clone troopers.

This is an odd time to mention it, but I really like Crosshair's accent/voice and the rest of the way he looks overall, not just the fact that he is a snipey boi.

The only thing I find a little bit wack is the fact that Hunter keeps using a vibroblade in situations where it confuses me, however, it does look cool as fuck and his updated gun, possibly a prototype E-11 or something (someone correct me) as well as Wrecker using the DC-17m was hype.

Tech and Rex discovering Echo really did a number on me actually, Echo being almost a machine at that point, unable to control his own thoughts and words all the while you can see the shock and disbelief on Rex's face, it could've been done even without him saying "I don't believe it." and just looking shocked the whole time.

The confirmation of my boy Echo being alive again was hypey, and then the episode ended and my soul was crushed if I'm being perfectly honest, I need more of this!

The updated score in the end credits was actually cool too, still the original with some additions in there, I liked it.

• Like 1
Spoiler

why cant they just release it all in one go so i can binge -.- feelsbadman
was cool episode because was clonewars and clonewars is best wars
cant wait for episodes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10  idk if its a 8 or 10 episode season :|

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

CF-99's entrance was a unique one, showing them as being unique and elite but, also that they can be a bit cocky (with their landing and all.) Then the "nice touch" line that we'd already seen hit home as much as I'd hoped it would've during the episode, rip 99.

Spoiler

bastards didnt even have the padme decal on the ship from the unfinished episodes :'(

Edited by [IG] Tackxo
31 minutes ago, |Stryker| said:
  Hide contents

why cant they just release it all in one go so i can binge -.- feelsbadman
was cool episode because was clonewars and clonewars is best wars
cant wait for episodes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10  idk if its a 8 or 10 episode season :|

Spoiler

Its a 12 Episode season

• Like 1
Spoiler

I think I am going to be someone who has an unpopular opinion on it, because as much as I am hyped as hell for a new season of the Clone Wars - This is not what I wanted. I wanted a new season of the Clone Wars, not a spin-off season that focused on a single unit. Especially a unit that has seemingly no flaws with advantages up the ass - My housemate titled it quite well by jesting that it was pretty much Clone Wars: Ninja Turtles, but it's quite accurate with the new animation style of the turtles. It's not that they are different that annoys me, I am more than happy to see a squadron of unique individuals, but it's the vast difference that puts a damper on the enjoyment for me. Picking up the carrier ship? Feeling the electromagnetic pulse of everyone on the PLANET? Look - Maybe this first episode was to introduce this squadron and it will return to the way I enjoyed the Clone Wars where it was about the entirety of the wars and it's members - Not just a singular unit.

1 hour ago, Sky said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think I am going to be someone who has an unpopular opinion on it, because as much as I am hyped as hell for a new season of the Clone Wars - This is not what I wanted. I wanted a new season of the Clone Wars, not a spin-off season that focused on a single unit. Especially a unit that has seemingly no flaws with advantages up the ass - My housemate titled it quite well by jesting that it was pretty much Clone Wars: Ninja Turtles, but it's quite accurate with the new animation style of the turtles. It's not that they are different that annoys me, I am more than happy to see a squadron of unique individuals, but it's the vast difference that puts a damper on the enjoyment for me. Picking up the carrier ship? Feeling the electromagnetic pulse of everyone on the PLANET? Look - Maybe this first episode was to introduce this squadron and it will return to the way I enjoyed the Clone Wars where it was about the entirety of the wars and it's members - Not just a singular unit.

Spoiler

I believe this will just be a story arc about CF-99 and them retrieving Echo and then CF-99 will probably dip out eventually and then get a book or comic book writen on them.