Welcome to the Imperial Gaming

Welcome to my forums, full of great members.
Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
Bailey

Introducing the 'Regimental Showcase'

The Regimental Showcase

After a suggestion given to us by the Community, the forums team are happy to open the 'Regimental Showcase' section of the forums, which is under the "GMod | Imperial RP" section of the forums. The goal of the Regimental showcase is to allow Commanders to show their Regiments off via a preferably multi-media presentation in a post on the forums. We will also accept text based submissions as long as they are high quality and truly do their best to showcase your Regiment.

This part of the forums is still an OOC section and can not be taken into RP.

Rules

There are a few rules in regards to the Regimental Showcase section, as to not clutter it up completely. They are as follows.

1. You can only post one regimental showcase per regiment. If someone prior to you has posted one for your Regiment, you need to contact someone to delete it so you may post your new one.
  2. Only the Commanding Officer may post the Regimental Showcase post for your Regiment. If need be, the CO can opt to have another person post the Regimental Showcase in their absence, such as another member of the Regiment, or someone else entirely, this must be noted in the post somewhere.
  3. When it needs to be updated, the CO needs to contact a member of the forums team.
  4. When posted, it must be formatted "(Regiment Goes Here) Showcase - (Date Goes Here)". The following is an example "6th Army Brigade Showcase - 12/02/2020". This is to help people keep updated in regards to when the regimental showcase was posted.
  5. There is to be no drama, politics or in-fighting in the showcases, as well as in the replies to them in order to prevent the positivity that is supposed to come from them being tainted by toxicity.

Conclusion
I am excited to see what can be done with this new section of the forums and the way you will all be able to flesh out your showcase / advertisements rather than the occasional bind that goes into ooc.

- Bailey and the Forums Team.

• Thinking 2
  • Poggers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Damn whoever suggested this must be dumb aye

For real though... DISCLAIMER:

I will be coming to each regiment at some point to see if they want a REGIMENTAL TRAILER made. This is able to be put in your regiment showcase and will be less than 2 minutes. PLEASE DO NOT come to me and ask for a trailer to be made, I have a list of regiments in order. That being said, you can talk to me about any ideas or give me scripts early on so please do not feel limited there. Also, if you aren't exactly confident or sure in how you want the post, I can make it for you. I should be making the first regimental showcase post today so everyone has an idea of how it can look, I'll post the link on this here after. Please use the discord tag in my signature to contact me and then we can discuss what you need. Any questions of course feel free to ask Bailey or myself, there really shouldn't be a limit to how creative or lengthy this can be. With that aside, I hope to see some really cool things made with this!

LINK TO THE EXAMPLE: http://tiny.cc/3mf2jz

Edited by Welly

1 minute ago, Welly said:

Regimental Trailer

This reminds me, I'm pretty sure I have 2 of the old regimental trailers we worked on in the old media team.

If anyone from the old media team wants them dm, or I might just post them or what was completed atleast.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 2

This idea is great. I cannot wait to see how regiments piece together how they run and their unique aspects. Although, what will happen if: A regimental showcase is posted by a trooper of a regiment, and over a period of time, another video is created for the regiment and the creator of said video wants it to be displayed on the forums. So the creator of the new showcase contacts the old poster of the original showcase video but they don't want their showcase to be replaced?

What tools do you have in place to quell an argument such as this? @Bailey

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taki said:

This idea is great. I cannot wait to see how regiments piece together how they run and their unique aspects. Although, what will happen if: A regimental showcase is posted by a trooper of a regiment, and over a period of time, another video is created for the regiment and the creator of said video wants it to be displayed on the forums. So the creator of the new showcase contacts the old poster of the original showcase video but they don't want their showcase to be replaced?

What tools do you have in place to quell an argument such as this? @Bailey

Higher rank of regiment gets to make the call.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Higher rank of regiment gets to make the call.

So say the original poster of the video leaves said regiment, does the showcase get taken down immediately? Or, if the post can remain up and a new video is created, it's original poster has no say in it's removal?

1 minute ago, taki said:

So say the original poster of the video leaves said regiment, does the showcase get taken down immediately? Or, if the post can remain up and a new video is created, it's original poster has no say in it's removal?

Since it is no longer their regiment, they wouldn't be able to have any control in that. It's the Commander's regiment so they control what they want and do not want in their post. It would not be taken down immediately unless...
1) The ex-poster doesn't want the post up anymore
2) The Commander of the regiment the post was made for wants it taken down.

3 hours ago, Phobia said:

Hmmm Corvo sounds weird in this video aye. Must've had a cold. 

But this is Storm Commandos done right but with OG gear which makes me sad.

21 hours ago, Eren said:

This reminds me, I'm pretty sure I have 2 of the old regimental trailers we worked on in the old media team.

If anyone from the old media team wants them dm, or I might just post them or what was completed atleast.

I remember doing something for Rancor during the time I was in media team a long while ago, might have the vid around now that I think about it.

1 hour ago, PULSE said:

I remember doing something for Rancor during the time I was in media team a long while ago, might have the vid around now that I think about it.

Basil and I worked on the 501st and Storm Commando ones, Rancor was coordinated by one of the other media team members.

Edited by Eren

6 hours ago, Eren said:

Basil and I worked on the 501st and Storm Commando ones, Rancor was coordinated by one of the other media team members.

Man wonder who wrote all of the scripts for em they must've worked pretty hard

49 minutes ago, Dirthi said:

Man wonder who wrote all of the scripts for em they must've worked pretty hard

They did a great job. Too bad I don’t know who it was, I’ll never be able to thank them for their work.

• Sad 1

On 2/12/2020 at 6:21 PM, Welly said:

Damn whoever suggested this must be dumb aye

For real though... DISCLAIMER:

I will be coming to each regiment at some point to see if they want a REGIMENTAL TRAILER made. This is able to be put in your regiment showcase and will be less than 2 minutes. PLEASE DO NOT come to me and ask for a trailer to be made, I have a list of regiments in order. That being said, you can talk to me about any ideas or give me scripts early on so please do not feel limited there. Also, if you aren't exactly confident or sure in how you want the post, I can make it for you. I should be making the first regimental showcase post today so everyone has an idea of how it can look, I'll post the link on this here after. Please use the discord tag in my signature to contact me and then we can discuss what you need. Any questions of course feel free to ask Bailey or myself, there really shouldn't be a limit to how creative or lengthy this can be. With that aside, I hope to see some really cool things made with this!

When

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, Kix said:

When

Yeah sorry I gave a wrong day for it as I've had a few other things to focus on both in the server and out of the server. I'm getting around to it ASAP.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this