[IG] Lars.

SteamID32:
STEAM_0:0:32575552.

Steam Profile Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/IGLars/.

In-Game Name:
Commander 73-◇ Lars D.

Time Played Imperial RP (Prior Personal Wipe):
Eight weeks, twenty-one hours and nineteen minutes. 

Time Played Imperial RP Evidence (Prior Personal Wipe):
52803c37aae279e5f12c5aba5bc0197a.png

Time Played Imperial RP Evidence (Approximate Time Missed Between Prior & Post):
Four days, and seven hours. 

Time Played Imperial RP (Post Personal Wipe):
Five days, six hours and twenty-one minutes. 

Time Played Imperial RP Evidence (Post Personal Wipe):
5525f260ca173170aadb21bd5aea6dab.png

Have you had any warns?
Not exactly, I have only ever received one warning which was a misunderstanding. As all the stormtroopers at the time were AOS’d to be brought to bunks and as I made my way there my game crashed, I was given a warning for disconnecting to avoid an arrest. After logging back on and explaining the situation to an admin my warning was removed. So ultimately I have never really been handed a warning at all.

Have you had any bans?
No, I have never received a ban. 

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities?
Yes, I have as I typically find myself volunteering to staff positions when I join communities that I wish to give back to. When it comes to Garry’s Mod servers I have only ever been an Event Master here in Imperial Gaming. As for other communities, I have held mostly moderation positions and a couple of high-ranking administrative positions. 

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
The purpose of a moderator, from what I see and hear, is to handle the daily issues that may occur within the community on the server, and in turn, moderate the situation. What exactly they do varies from time to time, but for example, they would handle anything from answering questions posed to them, to resolving any conflict that may arise out of character. 

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
The reason I am applying is that I genuinely wish to give back to the community much more than I am doing currently as a regular player giving role-play. 

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
The assets I could bring to the team is my fresh set of eyes for one, as I have not been part of the moderation team here before and am able to look at things from a fresh perspective. As well as my past experiences with moderation, in general, have given me an attitude which reflects that of one that is able to approach a situation with a cool head. Finally, I would say that my personality is a good fit for a moderator as I am very approachable and easy to talk within any situation. 

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
First I would grab the individual’s steamid and put it to the side before contacting the individuals who the person killed and see what could have happened, making utmost certain that this was an RDM and not something else (IE. Ordered by a higher-up, within their jurisdiction, etc). After I have gotten the full story I would warn the individual for Mass RDMing and/or ban, as per the moderation handbook protocols. 

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
First I would teleport to the situation and figure out what is going on, assuming that it is ongoing. I would then get each individual’s side of the story and see if they line-up, afterwards see if any witnesses are about to verify one side or the other. Depending on the information given I would either give a firm verbal warning or a written warning of harassment, whichever is outlined in the moderation handbook. 

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
First I would activate my recording software and record what I am witnessing, afterwards I would send the video to whoever is in charge of the individual. With the video, I would detail what I saw and then simply leave it in their hands to deal with. 

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
First I would grab the individuals steamid in case they drop immediately, then teleport to the person and speak with them about the threat. Explain that all threats of DDOS are taken seriously and that they should stop if it is some sort of joke. If the person continues to make the threats I would either inform a higher-up within the staff chat for what I should do, and check into the moderation handbook for the appropriate protocol to take. 

Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
Yes

Edited by Lars
Updated application.
  • Like 1

+1, dont really know or interacted with you (just me tho). Seem active, mature nice and would make a good t-mod. 

• Upvote 1

+1
I've known Sky since I first joined IG and although he's had his ups and downs I can see him doing well in a Moderating position.
Goodluck.

• Upvote 2

This man does not even deserve the rank or responsibilities that come with this position, he has not once shown his abilities nor has he proven his maturity. This was one of the first people I met in IG and I can PROMISE you, it doesn't get worse than this guy right here. There's no place for this man in our community, especially not in staff as he has done so little for our community its embarrassing. Training me up to who I am today and others who are still in this community, how could you buy that he's ready for this position? I'm living evidence that he cannot be there to support anyone if they need it and he certainly cant make people do things for the better. He pesters me daily on discord and I'm forced to sit there and talk to this cruel individual about meaningless topics that bring back the torturous days around him. Sky, we cannot trust you after 442nd and 975th Brigadier.

Yeah, I support him.
+1

;) maybe this was more over-the-top than yours but oh well.

• Upvote 1

+1 No word can express the gratitude that I have for this bloke, I was privileged to be his 2IC in the 442nd the at the birth of 975th, I tell you that this bloke has had ALOT of experience with ULX commands due to his experience as being a Junior EM, give him a shot and you WILL BE Satisfied 

~Hide Your Wives~

love you man -Jerry

• Upvote 1

+1 however a tad skeptical 

• Mature and dedicated 
  • Nice guy great to get along with 
  • did recently come back from a period where you came in and out of inactivity 
  • however I did hear you are here to stay so that's why I've +1'd
  • Upvote 1

+1

From the looks of the other responses you are fit for the role of T-Mod

I only have a good experience whenever I encounter you

You are active and mature.

GOOD LUCK!

• Upvote 1

ez +1, Sky has always been a great guy and has never let anyone down whether it be assigned a task or behaving in general. Brings back the good ol days in 996th when Tinky only recently got his promo to  WO1 xD. Ever since recruitment and him joining the community he has never shown any disrespect or negative actions towards others.

It would be great to see you back on the team Sky. Goodluck :)

• Upvote 1

Neutral

You were a decent Event Master back when you were 975th Commanding Officer, however, you have only recently just come back to the community as Delta pointed out. I would personally like to see you stick around for a little while longer rather than apply so soon. I would also like to see you involve yourself in the community a little bit more and maybe try and engage in some more roleplay whilst on the server.

• Upvote 1

I am happy to say that i have no doubt in Sky's abilities to be a Trail Moderator. As for knowing him for a long period of time acknowledging his maturity and his need to help people being a benefit to the communities needs.  +1 

• Upvote 1

I would first like to thank everyone for their responses to my application, all have given me hopes of achieving what I set out to and motivation to continue as I am.

I have updated both my rank and time, as I have been on consistently and actively throughout - Although maybe not as active as I once was, when I used to hit 12 hour days (haha).

• Poggers 2

On 2/12/2020 at 3:55 PM, Welly said:

This man does not even deserve the rank or responsibilities that come with this position, he has not once shown his abilities nor has he proven his maturity. This was one of the first people I met in IG and I can PROMISE you, it doesn't get worse than this guy right here. There's no place for this man in our community, especially not in staff as he has done so little for our community its embarrassing. Training me up to who I am today and others who are still in this community, how could you buy that he's ready for this position? I'm living evidence that he cannot be there to support anyone if they need it and he certainly cant make people do things for the better. He pesters me daily on discord and I'm forced to sit there and talk to this cruel individual about meaningless topics that bring back the torturous days around him. Sky, we cannot trust you after 442nd and 975th Brigadier.

Yeah, I support him.
+1

;) maybe this was more over-the-top than yours but oh well.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I have updated my time played as well as my rank within CompForce. 

I am still looking for feedback on how I would or would not fit the role, so that I may improve to be a better fit to the staff team.

Thank you.

I have updated my time played within the server and my rank as an agent of CompForce, as my wish to be part of the staff team is still present and with hopes that my activity is no longer in question with recent events. Still looking forward to any and all feedback so that I may improve upon my character, both on a personal and professional level. Thank you.

I have updated my application quite a bit, including but not limited to, my time served and my in-game name / rank.

Updated to adjust to my name-change as well as time-played. Looking for feedback.

Neutral 

You are a good guy but at times you can be a bit aggressive towards other players. Like the situation last night. You and kippy were going at it and you called him a moron. I feel you can make a good moderator but need to learn to approach situations better, instead of calling him a moron you could have left it and let IHC or NHC deal with it by contacting them. even though it was in role-play it isn't a very good look. but it could have been justified

• Upvote 1

+1

During my stint of time within the community prior to my departure I had the absolute pleasure of getting to know this fine individual both whilst he was fulfilling his Event Master duties and when he was just a user. Sky was always a respectful and conscientious individual who upheld the server rules and was quick to inform others when they were doing things they should not have been, a desirable trait to have as a member of the Moderation team. I understand that Sky has had a somewhat lengthy period of inactivity from which, from what I have read in the previous responses he has only recently returned, however I feel as though Sky is committed to re-injecting himself into the community to stay. I have the utmost confidence that if given the opportunity that Sky will be able to uphold a good rapport with the community as well as thrive in a Moderation capacity.  I wish you the best of luck Sky and hope you can show to those who do not know you as well just how deserving of this role you truly are.

Some constructive criticism however from the self proclaimed forums formatting king, I would suggest revising your overall application formatting as I feel there is some adjustments you could further make to allow your application stand out from the pack a little more. In addition, you have some spelling errors within your application that you should revisit and correct in order to increase the overall professionalism of the application. With regards to the application responses themselves your answers are overall good and in-line with what is good to see from a Moderation candidate however if I were to delve deeper and nitpick at each response like I have done with several applications in the past I would personally conclude that your answers should be further developed and fleshed out as they are more or less bordering on the somewhat basic level.

Regards,

Sully

• Upvote 1

Application updated, gotta love time wipes.

+1

Since  I joined CF Lars has shown me that he is a leader. and will diffidently fit is as a T-MOD.

~ Tesk