Denied

If you dont want to listen to the music you can mute the chromium process in volume mixer.

• Thinking 2
  • Downvote 7
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Eren said:

Since when did the loading screen have music?

Since yesterday Tank and I made the new loading screens for all the maps we use.

16 minutes ago, Eren said:

Since when did the loading screen have music?

Wait yeah, there's loading music?

23 minutes ago, Auzii said:

Since yesterday Tank and I made the new loading screens for all the maps we use.

I mean, that's all that needed to happen, music is good music, but forced listening is dumb.

get rid of it, yes please. I ALT TAB and still can hear the music.

Edited by Rickle

56 minutes ago, Ragetank said:

Denied

If you dont want to listen to the music you can mute the chromium process in volume mixer.

You mute chromium in the volume mixer it should be the one making sound while your joining

why is join music even a thing?

makes joining the server a whole lot more anti-climactic

Edited by [IG] Tackxo

You see I have to agree with Jay on this one.

Not everyone is going to know how to turn this music off, and it has a strong potential to turn players away.

I know that I used to hate being forced to listen to loading screen music whilst loading into servers, and on a few occasions if the loading times were long I stop joining. And IG can have a very long loading time for people if they don't have the nearly 200 addons from the content installed (and that doesn't include custom LUA files) and if I was new to Garry's Mod or didn't look into Chromium in their Volume Mixer (which I'm sure 90% of people haven't and never will) how am I supposed to know that it's a thing that works?

Sure. this is an absolutely great idea... if their was a handy little play/pause button up in the corner like FiveM for example. But Garry's Mod doesn't have a feature like that and instead it's hidden away in our sweet little volume mixer.

It's probably going to cause somewhat of decline in new players, whether it's small or large, mark my words.

As they say, and have since the dawn of time, literally rule #1 of loading screens is don't use any music whatsoever.

Edited by Butcher
  • Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, Butcher said:

You see I have to agree with Jay on this one.

Not everyone is going to know how to turn this music off, and it has a strong potential to turn players away.

I know that I used to hate being forced to listen to loading screen music whilst loading into servers, and on a few occasions if the loading times were long I stop joining. And IG can have a very long loading time for people if they don't have the nearly 200 addons from the content installed (and that doesn't include custom LUA files) and if I was new to Garry's Mod or didn't look into Chromium in their Volume Mixer (which I'm sure 90% of people haven't and never will) how am I supposed to know that it's a thing that works?

Sure. this is an absolutely great idea... if their was a handy little play/pause button up in the corner like FiveM for example. But Garry's Mod doesn't have a feature like that and instead it's hidden away in our sweet little volume mixer.

It's probably going to cause somewhat of decline in new players, whether it's small or large, mark my words.

As they say, and have since the dawn of time, literally rule #1 of loading screens is don't use any music whatsoever.

I agree that music has been abused in gmod alot eg TTT servers playing dubstep full pelt. I personally hated those servers.

This is why I was careful to 1. Pick quiet songs that are closer to ambience. 2. Lower the volume significantly. 

There appears to be this stigma around music in loading screens and music in gmod. But everyone seems to forget every other game. Battlefront 2 is an example and the inspiration. I feel like the subtle sound track immerses more and being a star wars fan boy just adds to the experience. I garuntee alot of people are going to knock it before even trying it. After all we are a roleplay server and I personally believe this soundtrack addition just adds to the experience.

For those who are adamant about not having sound in your loading screen and opting into playing bad guy or something circa 2020 I'll be looking at adding a mute button tomorrow though it's functionality will be limited to your pcs performance as gmod freezes while loading.

• Upvote 2

Lowkey change it too this

Also imagine loading into Gmod rp with headphones on

Honestly, if the issue is that big of a deal just mute gmod whilst you load in, that's what I did when trying to concentrate on a lecture video.

18 hours ago, Delta said:

Lowkey change it too this

Also imagine loading into Gmod rp with headphones on

That song is a fukn bop high key no cap 

• Like 1