Im sure we are all aware how worthless credits are at this current point in time! 

BUT

What if they didn't have to be?

I give you the suggestion of Perks:

What would this be?

Where did it come from?

How would it work?

Is it even doable?

How does it affect gameplay and the server

Will it be practical

Will it be fun...?

What types?

The addition of Perks is the idea of a new tab inside the point shop. This tab will be full of possibly 10 boost or less, very similar to the HP tab with the exception of allow possible 3 of even 5 of them to be active at once. These boost would allow small tweaks to a players game play for things such as combat or task. This idea came from me thinking back to the Imperial gaming clone wars server from the Wiltos saber combat addon. During that time on the server Jedi where the only ones supposedly allowed to touch the item which gave boost such as Hp, Speed or armour. However me and some others got our hands on a few boost. The idea also stems from games such as COD, Halo and other large combat games. This idea was reignited thanks to me being tagged in a recent post about points being a pain to gain. The thought was instead of trying to fix that, why not add a secondary goal which can be done at the same time as the first? This would work by the addition of a second tab and allow more then one active item such as when the server allowed 2 primary weapons on the Imperial server for a period of 3 months. By creating a large selection of perks it will provide a large variety of options for players to attempt to achieve and go for. Is it doable? Short answer yes. The server has previously had a item know as "armour" which reduces the overall damage a player takes. I know this information as Imperial commandos had this more then 2 years ago. This caused damage from weapons to be reduced greatly. A example was the old pulse cannon doing 150 damage instead of the default 200. The server has also proven and been able to show they can control the health a person spawns with, ammunition you spawn with, increase in movement speed and other small bonuses similar to the quest line. It will greatly change the way which game play is done the server from combat to movement for all regiments and people. By adding of different kinds of perks people will be able to assemble a custom play style which they enjoy instead of being forced into roles such regiments and using the same gear as 20 others. This addition will reward players who show dedication towards the server which is something at this current stage is not fully expressed in server. As new and old players now share the same items and states with small changes only from the point shop which has been greatly nerfed. This addition will put players who play the server into a more noticeable difference then those who do not but will also not greatly over power them. The simple idea is give them boost which they can choose and mix as they like. Within combat these boost will give a upper hand for both event characters and players in combat. From being that little bit stronger. With the addition of perks if done correctly it would greatly make the server more enjoyable in Rp and none RP with a mix of practical and fun perks. 

What kind of perks?

A large selection with such examples as:

Deep pockets: Spawning with a extra 50% ammunition on all rifles

(Use: players with speacialed equipment are now able to use it more with less worry of running low and also allows average players to worry less about ammunition when no supports or medics are on)

Armoured Shell: Take 5 less damage from all attacks over 20 damage. Up to a maximen damage reduction amount of 200 per life.

(Use: Players can survive longer in combat and take reduced damage)

Higher jump: 10% higher jump

(Allows players to quickly jump over pesty things they will normaly be stuck on in combat without swaping their rifle out. Can be paired with other perks for easier climb swep)

Fast hands: 30% quicker reload

Quick hands: Swap weapons and put away faster by 20%

Good eye: Better accuracy by 10%

Fast charger: Quicker fire rate 5%

Supercharged: 3% more damage 

Crouched: 10% faster crouch speed

Unseen: NPCs are less likely to target you

Hidden: Name plate won’t display

Blind Eye: Player kills will not appear in kill feed

Slow fall: Reduced gravity by 10%

Party popper: Upon death a firework effect will launch

Screams: On death a scream will be heard.

Quite steps: Reduced sound when walking

Charger: Over time ammunition for any weapon being held will be given

Hard to see: From longer distances your model will not become transparent to another player.

Diplomat: NPCs will not shoot at you if you do not hold a gun

Medics Call: A red firework will be launched upon death

Skyman: Spawn with a parachute

Deep Voice: 10% large and louder yell volume.

These are a few perks i could think of within a short time. The idea is each has a unique credit cost instead of POINTS. But will COST CREDITS. Players can mix to make a character to suit the situation or even they are entering or to leave on as a default. Combinations to help a player at climb swep, pvp, stealth, scouting, hostage situations, use of special gear and other unique combinations.

This goal would take time by management to develop. This is understandable. But a addition such as this would increase the life and playtime of imperial gaming. Providing a use for Credits.

Special Perks can be made such as event ones similar to the Halloween pistols or Christmas E11 where they can be a mixed perk having half perks such as

Christmas Candy: Reduction of 2 damage and increase of 5% speed.

Halloween Candy: Name will not appear when looked at, 3% more damage from all weapons

Easter Candy: 5% higher jump, 5% slower fall rate, 5% faster movement speed.

The possibilities are endless and it being a point shop tab allows for them to be edited and added without players loosing all perks such as the skill tree already on the server.

This idea was done to give use to credits and help make players unique once again. 

If you notice any spelling errors please @ me and if you have a idea of your own please feel free to add a comment.

• Upvote 2

I like the thinking behind this, and in theory it seems like something that could maybe be pretty cool. But, it kind of also just sounds like it might be a re-branded skill tree. People are rewarded for the time and effort they put into the server. If maybe the skill tree was changed to not be so linear, like if people could choose where they wanted their points to go, then i could see it basically being this exact type of thing.

I know this is also supposed to be something that people use credits for, but maybe the skill tree could possibly add the ability to buy skill points with credits, perhaps at a constantly increasing cost to make it more fair (10,000 for the first point, 20,000 then 30,000 and so on).

7 minutes ago, Helsing said:

I know this is also supposed to be something that people use credits for, but maybe the skill tree could possibly add the ability to buy skill points with credits, perhaps at a constantly increasing cost to make it more fair (10,000 for the first point, 20,000 then 30,000 and so on).

@Helsing

I see on where you are coming from, but as a person who has prestiged 3 times.... I have 74 spare skill tree points which sit there and are useless.

1 minute ago, LimeStrider said:

I see on where you are coming from, but as a person who has prestiged 3 times.... I have 74 spare skill tree points which sit there and are useless.

Yeah i can't say I've prestiged myself, if that's an issue perhaps there needs to be a revamp done to the skill tree, adding more skills, making it so you can choose skills at will and not have them so linear, and then perhaps with more selection and more ways to achieve them, it can become better.

As much as i would love to flesh the server out to a character RPG its just not the direction it should take. Alot of those perks aren't do-able and alot of them aren't able to be done without sacrificing performance. We are already working on something for players to sink their credits into but its still in development. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LimeStrider said:

@Ragetank Can you give the player base a small hint in the right direction to your end master goal? Such as if its leaned towards weapons?

You'll find out in time.

• Angry 2

@Ragetank instead of a perk system, perhaps there could be a training system where over time you increase your skills, for an example every shot increases the players accuracy slightly. Think of it realistically. just like in real life every time you attempt something you get better at it. Its a great idea for people to actively train too.

1 hour ago, Helsing said:

I like the thinking behind this, and in theory it seems like something that could maybe be pretty cool. But, it kind of also just sounds like it might be a re-branded skill tree. People are rewarded for the time and effort they put into the server. If maybe the skill tree was changed to not be so linear, like if people could choose where they wanted their points to go, then i could see it basically being this exact type of thing.

Know this is an idea I agree with since it might take longer with credit farming but atleast you can somewhat bypass the much harder quests such has arcade.

As for this idea as long as the credit perk system is unique and different from quest point perks I do not see an issue with this idea.

Edited by larrythecrab

Interesting Aspect 

how ever, there is no RP Capability for most of these

Can be done

• Bigger Ammo pouches can be done- Deep Pockets make sense 
  • Fast hands- yeah fair
  • Louder voice- just scream louder
  • The parachute would make sense,  Except when like a random St will have one 
  • blind eye
  • unseen would kinda work unless your some 6ft character I guess wearing heavy armour

Makes no sense

• The two firework perks?- do certain people just carry fireworks now?
  • Higher jump?- I can see when a Deathtrooper, Chimaera squad or Commando can be like this but not a normal trooper with no augmentations
  • The Diplomat thing makes no sense, most people are able to just identify Imperials like that
  • Slow Fall? Gravity boots?
  • Supercharge and fast charge would depend on the weapons ability to be set to such a way

On Paper something like a perk Tree would be good, let people choose what they want and upgrade how they feel fit. but something like this always has to be explained somehow in rp. Most of the skill things we have now make sense. 10% health boost earned from serving in the Empire for a long period of time which would mean the troopers would get fitter and stronger. The random weapon perk can just be a trooper who acquired said weapon through ILC or the armoury. 

anyother thing that would concern me is people going around Jumping and being higher than most others, ISB would ask questions and if you cant give a legitimate answer you're in for a fun time. This is a Star wars Rp server not a MMO RPG game+ plus the performance issues Tank suggested.   

Great thinking Lime. I like the creative ideas and discussion you have brought but I agree with what Delta has mentioned, I also think that a few of them wouldn’t be necessary. Good concept, I like your thinking. Also looking forward to the new implementations that the Devs have been working on.

• Kumo locked this topic