18th birthday and 3 years of life in Imperial Gaming

So... Once again I am typing one of these up, I feel quite odd doing these... 3 years is a long time, I joined this community for the first ever time in december of 2016, but I was only on for a little bit before leaving again... I properly joined in november of 2017... 3 years ago, yes technically its 3 years this november but I am just wrapping this up now to hit two birds with one stone.

I first properly joined when I was just a wee lad of 15 years of age, since then I have (I like to think) grown and matured a little bit, up to the point where I was a brigadier for 152 days, since moved to High Colonel due to position changes blah blah blah, It doesn't matter... I am 18 now *raises beverage containing alcohol* so... There's that

I have an odd request of you lovely people, if you can think of a story of something you remember me doing over these past three years... Please comment it, I can't remember everything... So I'm curious about what you lovely people can remember about me, tally ho good chaps.

xoxo

Special thanks to dear friends of mine in this community for getting me this far

Of course I must thank @Wolf the wonderful owner of this community for taking the reins of the community from Kosmos all that time ago, you are doing a great job mate... Keep it up

@Cecil for inducting me into this wonderful Event Team last year, during his days as the Event Manager before he ascended to the plane of management (proud of you mate, keep swinging)

@Grif Good on you mate for doing so well for yourself, back in the days of widow squad I remember when you were one of my cadre of officers who helped me manage the chaos that was the storm trooper corp... I know we like to mess around but seriously mate you have really earned what you have and I wouldn't see it any other way

@Hammer Mate, what can I say about you... Seriously, I quite literally remember lil ol private hammer of the 996th guarding the old IHC... Ascended himself up to their commander and then to major general, and LOOK AT YOU NOW... so proud, keep kicking mate because I don't know what we'd do without you

@arcturusious apparently you don't have a forum account General Sir! but just know this, I am endlessly thankful to you for what you have allowed for me, without you I'd still be in position amongst the storm troopers and your invitation to lead the Storm Commandos is one I appreciate above all else... I respect you as a person far more than I think I show and I apologize sincerely for ever doing anything to piss you off o7

@Loki Lieutenant General Ma'am... I always told myself that if I were to ever get a higher rank than you, I would still salute you... But as I suspected and as I hoped, you have gone far and beyond most expectations, but I know you have so much further to go... I wish you the best of luck

@Rad_Cop Rad Cop mate, or... Should I say Grand Admiral sir! haha, yet another of my mates who I have seen really climb that pyramid scheme... Good on you, I'd say good luck in climbing it further but... I'm pretty sure you are at where you can most be XD here's to the future mate o7

@SCHEFF Scheff, you will always hold a place in my circle and heart for the good times you have showed me both in widow squad in the old days... Pretty sure you and Grif both served under me at one point, and look at you... Surface marshal equivalent Moff... I am infinitely proud of you and I wish you the best in whatever you want to do... Because we both know you'll do excellent

@Tinky Tinky... You drive us all nuts and we love you for it, you will always be a mate... And if in the distant future I ever achieve the rank required to KOS... I will have a chat to Hammer about you being my first xoxoxo (this is a joke, for clarification everyone)

@Rook Rook, you are a good mate and you are one of the best EM's I have known, I know I don't always... Live up to uh *cough* standards in the team but I'll be damned if I let the pattern continue (once my vacation ends and I'm in the state where my things are of course XD)

Apologies if I didn't @ you but know that everyone in this community holds a place for me, I have spent 3 years of my life with it... The average person lives for what... About 79 years, I have spent about 3.8% of my life total with this community and I am not planning on going anywhere

I WILL STRESS, THAT THIS IS NOT A GOODBYE... I AM NOT LEAVING, DON'T PANIC
even though I know you wouldn't anyway XD (joking again)

-Corvo 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Upvote 3

Phat o7 to you mate, so very proud of you and honoured to have called you a good mate for such a long time. You gotta learn how to do PAC though at some point dude, jeez xD (I kid ofc)

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Corvo said:

I WILL STRESS, THAT THIS IS NOT A GOODBYE... I AM NOT LEAVING, DON'T PANIC

Had me excited for a minute there.

Nah but, congratulations mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Corvo. Where to start...I joined the server and served under you, as well as others, in the Stormtrooper Corp. After joining the Storm Commandos and climbing through the ranks, I saw you still sitting in the same spot. I got CO, you were still in ST's. I got Major General, you were still in ST's. Only once I became Brigadier did I finally get your story. We stood around in the DS-01 for a good hour or so, just talking away about your history. Won't go into details, but I didn't pity you. And that's because I saw your potential. After I moved to IHC, I had to find a new commander for the regiment I left behind, because I had no officers that fit the bill for my standards. You, Corvo, were my first pick. I got permission to take you from ST's into Storm Commandos. I left some big shoes to fill, along with large expectations. I'd say you've done pretty well to uphold them, but you've got a way to go yet. Keep up the good work mate. And, keep those troopers in line, or I'll come into a 501st debrief and either yell at you, shoot you, or PK you ;) Stay strong mate, and cheers to your three years O7

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember when I was VF and the 501st were sent on a mission to detain you for getting drunk on duty, but there was no CL3 in VF online at the time so we tried breaking into the Officer's Lounge to get you haha. Was some funny RP that was a great highlight during my time in the 501st. 

• Shocked 1

Damn Corvo You're not a child anymore, from the beginning we've had our fair share of interactions, now seeing you make it all these years and still a Good guy. Thoughtful, funny and good for a chat. 

Congrats on making it this far in life and hanging around here for 3 years. Thanks for being here all along 

I need some More 2017 gang who I can still remember besides @SCHEFF and @Wombat 

Like me you've spent most of this time building on corvo as a character and to that i tip my hat, something like that is incredible and is a triumph compared to many others.

keep being you

:) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"the males collect  every  year  to hunt for females"

"the alpha of the pack has spotted me, he has red markings on his armor  to express his alphaness" 

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Stathi said:

No way you could forget about this event :D

I wish I was there for that I just remember hearing when I join the discord 5 MINUTES!

Good times.

--Phobia

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Stathi said:

No way you could forget about this event :D

wallah funniest guy on the whole server 

also happy birthday corvo

Happy Birthday Corvo!

My most prominent memory of you was back in the ST days, I was sitting in a building on naboo. I had been kidnapped by citizens, my comms stripped and I had been given a baby to eat. (Doll.. I think...) Into hour 2 of waiting for someone to come to the rescue I see a little st coloured voice notification on the screen and hear you shout "and WHAT'S GOING ON HERE". One of the many times I laughed on microphone being a general bad roleplayer. 

Here's to hoping you get another good year on the server

So I can think of many things to remember you by but considering the first time I met you was also the first time IHC had to get involved in something my MTs were doing.....yeah that sums everything up. Welcome to the world of legal drinking. I both expect greatness and fear what you'll get up to Lord DM O7

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kristofer said:

I remember half-assing this video

I remember being forced to stay up till 2 in the morning, on a school night don't you forget that. Woke up in such a sh*t mood, yet plowed through the day so I could blame it all on Kris. Still, was definitely worth staying up all those nights.

It's 11:05 in WA, so it's still technically your birthday Corvo. We've never really seen eye to eye in majority of situations, but Congratulations and Happy 18th. Here's to another year.

15 hours ago, Delta said:

Damn Corvo You're not a child anymore, from the beginning we've had our fair share of interactions, now seeing you make it all these years and still a Good guy. Thoughtful, funny and good for a chat. 

Congrats on making it this far in life and hanging around here for 3 years. Thanks for being here all along 

I need some More 2017 gang who I can still remember besides @SCHEFF and @Wombat 

Like me you've spent most of this time building on corvo as a character and to that i tip my hat, something like that is incredible and is a triumph compared to many others.

keep being you

:) 

It's been a good few years hasn't it, obviously with it's up and downs. I know from my experience that there has never really been any bad moments or experiences I've had with you. I remember my first interaction with you which was when I used my final staff powers as a Moderator to remove myself from 212th Brigadier down the ST's ranks then having Stevo. completely stripe me of those ranks by putting me down another 7 ranks (Still don't know how involved with that you were but that's the past). Then like Arcturusious I shot up through the ranks while you remained the loyal person you are and stayed with ST's. I just got to say you are a top bloke always helping people find regiments in ST's especially me which I'm sure you don't remember doing but I am still thankful you did so because I would have never found my way into Chimaera Squad if you didn't :D. Happy Birthday and Congratulations (For yesterday of course).

Delta you tagged the wrong Wombat silly ;) 

• Like 1

Ayyy happy birthday Corvo! If it wasn't for ol mate Captain Corvo of Widow Squad, there is a good chance I would have never gone further than a Storm Trooper so cheers for making my introduction to SWRP awesome and compelling and for making me wanna stick around right back when I was a private

• Upvote 1