Heyo homies,

For those of you who don’t know, the creator of GMod (originally) was Garry Newman, and now 16 years after its first release he’s looking at “GMod 2” which is hype.

His question he has put on Twitter, however, is what engine to put it on? So, I’m linking the tweet and letting one of the largest communities in GMod take a vote.

However, if you vote Source Engine 2 I’ll kill myself, the rest are great but source 2 is ass and people think it’s great, so get voting for anything but source 2.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, John said:

I’m not a developer so idk what any of these are

Looks like we are in the same boat. I will vote I just don’t know which for?

Edited by Stathi
1 hour ago, John said:

I’m not a developer so idk what any of these are

52 minutes ago, Stathi said:

Looks like we are in the same boat. I will vote I just don’t know which for?

Anything but source 2.

If you could pick any car in the world which car would you pick? You currently own a Toyota.

Would you pick a lexus (source 2 which is fancy source 1, it's better but not by much)

Or would you get a Ferrari lambo or w/e the best sports car is (lumberyard and unreal which are so much more powerful than source 2)

39 minutes ago, John said:

what’s wrong with source 2

nothing bailey doesnt know what he's talking about, if you want gmod to look like fortnite then vote unreal engine :feelsgoodman:

3 minutes ago, Kumo said:

nothing bailey doesnt know what he's talking about, if you want gmod to look like fortnite then vote unreal engine :feelsgoodman:

Yay Fortnite!!! But seriously though which one should we go for?

Lumberyard > All
Fite me

But in all seriousness knowing who follows him on twitter, the vote is going to end with Source 2 being super far ahead. Which honestly sucks but people assume Source 2 will be 'revolutionary' simply because its made by valve. Also reading the comments its all talking about Source vs UE and Unity, the only person I've seen so far talking about Lumberyard was saying "I don't know what it is but I guessed it would be the lowest rated so I voted for it."

Source 2 already has 53% of the votes so far so it isn't looking great for those who don't want it to be source 2. Also this guy talks about some real weird stuff on his twitter like TMI. 

30 minutes ago, Kumo said:

Batman Arkham knight was made using the unreal engine, and that still looks pretty damn good.

Source 2 just doesn't have enough games made with it to get some people over to it.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Lumberyard > All
Fite me

But in all seriousness knowing who follows him on twitter, the vote is going to end with Source 2 being super far ahead. Which honestly sucks but people assume Source 2 will be 'revolutionary' simply because its made by valve. Also reading the comments its all talking about Source vs UE and Unity, the only person I've seen so far talking about Lumberyard was saying "I don't know what it is but I guessed it would be the lowest rated so I voted for it."

Star Citizen was made in Lumberyard from what I understand so I'd imagine it's a good engine?

2 minutes ago, [IG] Tackxo said:

Star Citizen was made in Lumberyard from what I understand so I'd imagine it's a good engine?

ITS A POGGGGGGERRS f**kIN ENGINE. I votred Lumberyard too.

41 minutes ago, SiegeMonkey said:

yeah same, i voted source 2 because bailey said not too 

You're dead to me. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Anything but source 2

If it is anything but source 2 then all the addons will take for ever to come out.

disney threatened to sue a star wars map maker if he didnt delete all of his assets in unreal engine so thats a no go.

So if its unreal then no star wars RP...

So the only really logical option would be source two as all addons would just be reuploaded.

Edited by Frosty__