Alternate methods for point gain

Greetings

Currently there are two ways of earning steady points through lottery and quest prestiging but lottery is heavily influenced by RNG and questing can be difficult for some therefore I have come up with a couple of other ways people could earn steady points. These methods would not be as worthy as the current two methods listed but it would give those who don't have much time to invest in the server/quest system.

Higher Xp level= better point gain

This idea is mainly for the veterans of the server that do not get to spend much time. Basically the higher your xp level the more points you are able to gain. You could make it every 50 levels your point gain could increase by 5 or 3%

Rare vendor quests that award points instead of credits

While most of the quests grant credits as an award what if some of them granted points. These quests would have a very low chance of activating making them super rare and often would have hard or multiple objectives that would need to be completed but not impossible.

VIP Tiers

Similar to how santos has vip tiers the same thing could be used for star wars roleplay as well with different tiers offering different credit. xp, point gains. This one would be a little bit higher than the other ideas mentioned since this would require real money in order to get these gains.

My main worry is that these ideas would upset the economy and people would start to gain access to the high tier weapons faster. The current balance seems good to me.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Rivers said:

My main worry is that these ideas would upset the economy and people would start to gain access to the high tier weapons faster. The current balance seems good to me.

I agree with this statement, the way it currently is, is pretty good right now.

15 hours ago, Rivers said:

I'm not so sure, it seems like these point things are not that big. Gaining access to high tier weapons is a GIANT pain in the ass, i agree that this would make it easier to get high tier weapons, but not that much easier, i think it would just mean that new and kinda new players are a bit less intimidated by how ridiculously hard it is to get these things, and they'll see it as a hard but attainable goal. I'm amazed at anyone who even has the time to get these guns, how about make it a little less ridiculous and painful?

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Rivers said:

23 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

I agree with this statement, the way it currently is, is pretty good right now.

I agree with both Rivers and Wombat here. The current state of point gain is fine as it is, my only dis-likening is that some of the F3 Menu weapons have been significantly changed to the point that it's not worth the 1.5 Million Points and 30K Credits. The biggest offender of poor cost is the Scatter Shotgun, sure its extremely good and was indeed extremely overpowered. But with its current state I don't believe its anywhere near as much as its worth both by credits and points.

There are a multiple ways of earning points, not all are known to the new players of the community. The best way of earning points so far is entering the lottery constantly. However I don't believe there are many ways of earning credits. 

Weapon Statistics
Scatter Shotgun:

Current - 1,500,000 Points
Current - 30,000 Credits

Recommended - 1,500,000 - 375,000 (Difference - 25% of 1.5 Million)
Total: 1,125,000 Points

Recommended - 30,000 - 5000 (Difference - 16.5% {Rounded} of 30 Thousand)
Total: 25,000 Credits

Magazine Capacity: 6
Reserve Rounds: N/A (Originally 500-600)
Recharge Time: 30-45 Seconds (Last Known Recharge Time)

I don't disagree with the changes made to the Scatter Shotgun, yes it was indeed overpowered. But I feel as though it may be a bit too expensive for its worth at this point. If anything I'd suggest the costs that I recommended above, its not too drastic of a change and from my opinion its not too easy to obtain.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, TheNegotiator said:

The best way of earning points so far is entering the lottery constantly. However I don't believe there are many ways of earning credits. 

I feel like the lottery is largely won during Dawn or at Midday, at times where people who basically don't just sit on the server 24/7  *looks at @Narco @LimeStrider * have no ability to  be on at those times.

(Also don't get me started at how OG players  should get compensation for 2 years of play before the pointshop became a thing)

• Angry 1

Well since I was tagged to this chat. 

Earning points.

It’s tiresome, I’m sure we all agree. As well as there are no real benefits other then the health buff. Instead of making points easier to get. Add more variety to things. Such as adding s extra bonus tab where it’s smaller less expensive boost. E.g.

Deep pockets: spawn with extra amo on all weapons by 50%

Higher jump: 20% higher jump

Fast hands: 30% quicker reload

Quick hands: Swap weapons and put away faster by 20%

Good eye: Better accuracy by 10%

Fast charger: Quicker fire rate 5%

Supercharged: 3% more damage 

Thick plate: 5% less damage

Crouched: 10% faster crouch speed

Unseen: NPCs are less likely to target you

Hidden: Name plate won’t display

A few super simple bonuses which may cost More credits rather then points and make some better ones. Allow up too say 3 or 5 so we have mix ups and such. 

As as well as the current state of weapons is really bad. Most of the weapons are unviable. So to fix that, change then. RK-3 into the RK-3 officer Do that with the more simple ones and buff the others. Another note. Special weapons are quite bad. The Z2 and Z6 are now worthless because of how strong the DLT-29V is. Which has more amo, rof and damage. (A year of points wasted) And the state of the hunter shotgun isn’t terrible but should be decreased by 250k points.

Sorry for the rant but a lot of the changes go against what IG said when they wanted to nerf everything. They have made one side of IG super strong and another underpowered. And time and dedication only help so much now rather then being a difference in survival which made veteran players seem powerful and inspirational.

(well that’s my view)

And a final thing. Make it so we can sell quest points. As a person who prestiged 3 times I have like 40 which are useless. Let me convert like 10 of them into 10k points.

Edited by LimeStrider
  • Upvote 3