There is nothing noble in suffering, and nothing shameful or weak in asking for help.

That was hard to read dude, hope all goes well in the future and thank you for taking time to type this and post it.

Edited by Zote
mistake
  • Upvote 6

You know what, maybe I didn’t know you well through IG but I did know you and thought you were a genuinely good person, and I’m sorry to hear you’ve gone through this but this is a genuinely positive message. I hope you continue to get better brother, and I’m sure almost everyone agrees that your respected here and people care for you 

• Upvote 1

You unfortunately fell into a similar situation as my brother, recently I allowed him to come live with me and my partner of 3 years, rent free, he has unfortunately been depressed and unmotivated for almost 2 years now, and im paying for counseling and helping him get back on his feet. Like you he sold a lot of his possessions to make ends meet rather than reaching out to family.

He rarely finds reasons to leave the house but we encourage him to come out with us when we walk the dogs on the weekend, and while we are at work he takes care of them. Have to say im glad to have him back in my life but I really want his mental state to get better. Seems three things keep him happy in life at the moment, Family, Ciggaretes and the dogs.

if you ever need help, dont be afraid to come talk to me and ill aim to assist in anyway I can.

• Upvote 4

This post has really given me perspective o n life, I'm 17 and have been quite sad a couple of times in my life nothing to the extent of suicide but I've thought about it. Most of the time I make myself upset by thinking about depressing things like how insignificant I am and if I died tomorrow the world wouldn't even blink which is the truth but I suppose life is what we make it and how I see it is that everyone is the masters of their own destiny.

I know life is long in our prospective and that I've still got a lot of living and sadness to go though and eventually I'll find someone but isn't it sad to think that everyone currently alive will be dead in 105 years.... anyway this whole comment has just been my thoughts coming to me and my fingers typing it down uncensored. 

Edited by Hyperion

Helsing, I don't know the exact position you are in, but I know how you feel and why you've struggled to talk to people about this. I've had multiple experiences in depression due to causes and close calls with suicide, though without attempts. My family doesn't know, only the therapist I don't visit anymore knows. You're not a failure if you need to talk to someone. You're not a failure for having to rent with people.

I suffered from an abusive relationship between my mother and I. My siblings have come out worse than me with PTSD, Depression and anxiety. I know from this some strategies to feel happy don't always work for one another, it's a sh*tty trait of being human, that said there is something for you to feel better.

I'm sure if you ever need someone to talk to many members of the community like myself and @Mongo will always listen and help you out.

Also, remember, you are not a lesser person for needing help. Depression is often the cause of a sh*tty genetics, if you have waves of feeling sad or you have depressing feelings constantly, you should talk to a therapist about having Depression or seasonal depression.

If anyone on this thread wants to talk about anything you can contact me ingame or on discord at Eclipse#6996

• Upvote 2

Not much I can say here that hasn't been said my friend, just know you're not alone, and others suffer as well, considering the biggest killer of men aged 18 - 40 in Australia is suicide and that's a large part of our demographic on IG, we need to look out for each other.

• Upvote 1

Love you dude. I hope that as one big family, we all can support, love and cherish each other; to lose a brother or sister from a family even as big as Imperial Gaming's would be utterly heartbreaking.

I say this to not just you Helsing, but to everyone reading this. If you need help, seek it. Even if you believe that your problems mean nothing or are trivial compared to others (which is a lie everyone tells themselves), at least seek counsel or advice. Having at least a small amount of new information is more beneficial than being stuck in the dark, blind and stagnant.

Keep safe.

• Upvote 1

I am very proud of Helsing making this post because I believe that men's health is an issue that is not  spoken about very often and is often disregarded.  For out nearly the entirity of 2019 I was in the lowest point ever in my life and there  were a few days and nights that I contemplated doing things so I can understand those feelings people have.  I personally never got help since I believe that I should deal with it on my own ( I'm better now) BUT 100% everyone/anyone experiencing a hard time MUST  go talk to someone, you might feel weak or a p*ssy but sometimes you just got to do things.  I believe that when people say " You will get over it" or "Just dont think about it" is just making the problem worse, I believe that some bad memories in life you will never forget BUT you just got to change your opinion on how you look at them. I've had a lot of friends that have had mental problems and every one of them have seen helped and it has benefited them, not even professional but even talking to a friend will ease the weight on your shoulders.

You just got to keep one foot in-front of you, hold your head up, puff your chest out and keep moving forward. 

Edited by Bibleman
  • Upvote 2

Depression is something that is incredibly hard to fix but the best thing to do is to reach out to others. I had a close friend that hung himself back in september. I don't know what was going through his mind but if he had reached out to someone things could've changed. With this and other things I've never been the same and like you I just sit around most the day listening to music and if I had an easy access to drinks my liver would be f**ked. I know I'd never commit suicide but sometimes you think about it. Though I know that it just hurts for everyone else. You don't see what happens after you die but looking at the aftermath of my friends death was just so painful for so many more people i just can't imagine doing that to them. I guess what i'm trying to say is you can choose to effect a lot of people in a bad way. Or just allow people to affect you in a good way. There's always someone that wants to help.

I'm crap at writing stuff like this but if anyone needs help please talk to someone about it. Thanks for opening up Helsing, I hope things brighten up for you soon.

• Upvote 1

I clicked this post thinking it was another standard anti suicidal post (which is always good to preach) This post gave me chills thinking of your current situation, from those 400 days in Sith where we would stay up late just messing around and having fun, to reading this post, Shows that times can change and how fast a descent can be. Helsing you were always my great friend and someone I looked up to because you were always there for us and the server. Dealing with depression is a hard war that only ends with friends and family around you, you cant fight the war on your own, Im glad that you see IG as a place where you can be open about your issues and I hope from you doing this that you can have some more friends fight this war with you. I was truly shocked to read the post but Im glad that we are aware now and you can only rise to the top from here. if you ever feel worthless or really sad just message me or anyone because they are the light to the dark tunnel, we will try and help guild you in the right direction. Just remember that you are never alone and that people will help even if its the small things.

Edited by Born
  • Upvote 1