Steam Name:Murdy 5

Steam ID: 76561198177587697

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198177587697/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Murdy5

In Game Rank: Private

In Game Regiment: Storm Trooper

Ban Details

(Insert a screenshot of the ban notice here)

image.thumb.png.82571685b232827d3613b0d9855db499.png

How long was the ban for: 4 Days

Which staff member banned you: Iden Versio

What date did the ban occur: 13/01/2020

What was the reason for the ban: DQ to AVoid Punishment

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: i commited an offense and had to leave with no intention what so ever to try and avoid my punishment, which led to Iden beliving i DQ to avoid it, which i completly understand as many people woul do it, but i had no intention of doing it.

- im assuming the people who ganged up on me are being punished aswell???? 

- "randomly killing others" dont you think you should have spoken to me about my side of the story?

- Cure says that

Unfortunately, you did have someone to speak to by doing "@ <message>" in game to speak with an admin. If you are ever unsure of how something works or if you need assistance like you said you did then it is best to contact one of us via that system instead of instantly taking it into your own hands."

the truth be told is that with my few run ins with staff and mods is that they dont really give a hoot i was waiting to be trained for around 30 minutes while i could hear countless people who had the ability to train me fighting over who had to do it? i didnt bother messaging in game because i didnt think of it as a big deal when it happend, but now after hearing that apparantly the storm troopers who shot first btw, then still managed to be killed complained about me, i get banned ? 

The Negoatiator says that he was dealing with multiple things because of the lack of staff, so who was available to help me? i didnt even get any questions in chat about the killings and no one checking up when they heard gunshots? was i supposed to let myself get killed over and over again ? i didnt even get a warning when Mods and staff would clearly be able to see in the top right hand corner. ive been playing for 2 days max and this has been my first bannable offense? is there no warnings whatsoever? if its not too much trouble could someone attach the ss of logs of where i dc then rejoined 6 minutes later ? 

i do not wish to anger you moderators who have taken the time to explain my situation to me, nor do i want to get a longer sentence but i dont think justice has been served if im being honest.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance: i am very new to RP, and belive i have been wrongfully accused understably but please reconsider my ban and i really did not intent to avoid it. 

Edited by Murdy5
  • Upvote 1

Just wait our the 4 day ban, Alystair doesn't usually make mistakes like this. If he banned you, he banned you for a real reason.

could you at least talk to him and find out? cause i didnt do anything wrong. i doubt that it was a mistake and more rather a misunderstanding 

thanks 

Edited by Murdy5
  • Upvote 1

Based on the reason in the screenshot and length of ban it is likely that you were caught committing Mass RDM of 5 people. When you commit Mass RDM (4 People) you receive a minimum punishment of a 3 day ban plus an additional day for each extra person killed during the offence. Your appeal entirely focuses on the DC to avoid punishment part of the ban and I would like some explanation as to why Mass RDM is included in the message. Until then and I hear something from Alystair I'll be leaving a -1

oh okay that makes alot more sense, does RDM still count if its over a period of time because i did not go on a rampage and kill 4 people , but Joe (another storm trooper) has been messing with me for 2 days now, he had to other freinds or people which i didnt get their names who were sitting in spawn waiting for me to come out and i simply had enough so i killed them because there was no one around i could speak to.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Murdy5 said:

oh okay that makes alot more sense, does RDM still count if its over a period of time because i did not go on a rampage and kill 4 people , but Joe (another storm trooper) has been messing with me for 2 days now, he had to other freinds or people which i didnt get their names who were sitting in spawn waiting for me to come out and i simply had enough so i killed them because there was no one around i could speak to.

I can understand the frustration of being ganged up on and not really knowing what to do and then being punished for your actions because of it. Unfortunately, you did have someone to speak to by doing "@ <message>" in game to speak with an admin. If you are ever unsure of how something works or if you need assistance like you said you did then it is best to contact one of us via that system instead of instantly taking it into your own hands. Once you come back from your 4 day ban you should move forward with this mentality. 

• Upvote 1

I initially responded to your ticket before a server crash. I believe it was the second time the ticket had appeared seeing as though I was initially AFK or Semi-AFK at the time. (Working on a spreadsheet) Seeing that you had already disconnected according to logs about a few minutes after.

I spent around five to ten minutes reviewing the logs a few times. Both Kill logs and connection logs, not only at that time I had to respond to other tickets that were appearing due to unavailable staff. Seeing as though you had already disconnected I put the ticket about you randomly killing others on hold. In fact I had to deal with another RDM case.
After I wish finished with that case I went back for a final review of logs, I like to double and even triple check certain things. 

According to logs you had first connected about an hour earlier than the incident I responded to, after checking logs for all kills made by you. Logs showed me that you apparently killed someone and a few minutes later disconnected and then reconnected not too long after that. Approximately six minutes.

After reconnecting, nothing much happened with you for a about an hour until within a very short span of time around a minute. You had killed four troopers including the one or two who made an RDM ticket regarding the matter. 

Your initial ban would have been 3 days, however because you had disconnected not too long after I added another day on top of that for Disconnecting to avoid punishment. I didn't believe you had any other reason to disconnect seeing as earlier, shown in logs, you had killed a trooper and shortly after disconnected and reconnected about six minutes after.

I'm sure you're able to wait four days for the ban to pass. Upon your return be sure to go through the server rules and try to gain a better understanding of the rules. This way you can better yourself for the future to prevent potential incidents such as this. I also concur with what Cure has stated.

Edited by TheNegotiator

Few thing i should say

- im assuming the people who ganged up on me are being punished aswell???? 

- "randomly killing others" dont you think you should have spoken to me about my side of the story?

- Cure says that

Unfortunately, you did have someone to speak to by doing "@ <message>" in game to speak with an admin. If you are ever unsure of how something works or if you need assistance like you said you did then it is best to contact one of us via that system instead of instantly taking it into your own hands."

the truth be told is that with my few run ins with staff and mods is that they dont really give a hoot i was waiting to be trained for around 30 minutes while i could hear countless people who had the ability to train me fighting over who had to do it? i didnt bother messaging in game because i didnt think of it as a big deal when it happend, but now after hearing that apparantly the storm troopers who shot first btw, then still managed to be killed complained about me, i get banned ? 

The Negoatiator says that he was dealing with multiple things because of the lack of staff, so who was available to help me? i didnt even get any questions in chat about the killings and no one checking up when they heard gunshots? was i supposed to let myself get killed over and over again ? i didnt even get a warning when Mods and staff would clearly be able to see in the top right hand corner. ive been playing for 2 days max and this has been my first bannable offense? is there no warnings whatsoever? if its not too much trouble could someone attach the ss of logs of where i dc then rejoined 6 minutes later ? 

i do not wish to anger you moderators who have taken the time to explain my situation to me, nor do i want to get a longer sentence but i dont think justice has been served if im being honest.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Murdy5 said:

i didnt even get a warning when Mods and staff would clearly be able to see in the top right hand corner. ive been playing for 2 days max and this has been my first bannable offense? is there no warnings whatsoever?

In regards to this, I'm unsure which other staff in any online were available. Probably none because I think that might have been the second ticket made about the RDM case and that others were stacking. As I said I initially responded to yours before the crash and I had no way of speaking to you as you had already disconnected. Around ten - fifteen minutes later or sometime after one of my other sits which took a while, the server crashed as I was reviewing the logs again. 

After the server started back up, which probably took around ten to fifteen minutes, I started to connect and loaded in when pre-chaching was around 55-65% checked tab to see if you were on the server, in which you weren't. Yes you would have been able to voice your opinion in the matter if you were present, but the time between when I handled the sit and the time the ban was actually made was long enough. However this ban appeal gives you the opportunity to explain what happened in full.

1 hour ago, Murdy5 said:

if its not too much trouble could someone attach the ss of logs of where i dc then rejoined 6 minutes later ?

Logs of this sort are inaccessible to me, as this had occurred yesterday. You will need management to double check your connection times & kill logs.
And possibly damage logs for instances of other troopers shooting you.

1 hour ago, Murdy5 said:

i didnt bother messaging in game because i didnt think of it as a big deal when it happend, but now after hearing that apparantly the storm troopers who shot first btw, then still managed to be killed complained about me, i get banned ? 

If players are causing problems like this, it can be handled in two ways. Its totally dependent, such as SK/RT handle it or Staff do.
In this instance, I know it seems like staff were unavailable, I'm not sure because I was initially AFK. But an attempt to contact Staff or using roleplay comms to say that you're being attacked by other troopers.

I'm unable to remember who exactly made the staff ticket about you killing troopers. 

Yes, the punishment would have been different after your side of the story was said. But with your absence and seemingly disconnecting from the server not too long after and no attempted return yesterday it looked completely like you had committed RDMx4 and disconnected.

However if Management or the Administrators are able to come across yesterdays logs, I'm sure a reasonable conclusion will come from this. After reading your explanation and if your story is able to be confirmed by any member of the Administration or Management team I am willing to support a removal of the ban.

I'd also like to advise editing the ban appeal to include the details you stated in your reply.

Edited by TheNegotiator
17 hours ago, Bailey said:

Just wait our the 4 day ban, Alystair doesn't usually make mistakes like this. If he banned you, he banned you for a real reason.

Edited by Delta
32 minutes ago, TheNegotiator said:

In regards to this, I'm unsure which other staff in any online were available. Probably none because I think that might have been the second ticket made about the RDM case and that others were stacking. As I said I initially responded to yours before the crash and I had no way of speaking to you as you had already disconnected. Around ten - fifteen minutes later or sometime after one of my other sits which took a while, the server crashed as I was reviewing the logs again. 

After the server started back up, which probably took around ten to fifteen minutes, I started to connect and loaded in when pre-chaching was around 55-65% checked tab to see if you were on the server, in which you weren't. Yes you would have been able to voice your opinion in the matter if you were present, but the time between when I handled the sit and the time the ban was actually made was long enough. However this ban appeal gives you the opportunity to explain what happened in full.

Logs of this sort are inaccessible to me, as this had occurred yesterday. You will need management to double check your connection times & kill logs.
And possibly damage logs for instances of other troopers shooting you.

If players are causing problems like this, it can be handled in two ways. Its totally dependent, such as SK/RT handle it or Staff do.
In this instance, I know it seems like staff were unavailable, I'm not sure because I was initially AFK. But an attempt to contact Staff or using roleplay comms to say that you're being attacked by other troopers.

I'm unable to remember who exactly made the staff ticket about you killing troopers. 

Yes, the punishment would have been different after your side of the story was said. But with your absence and seemingly disconnecting from the server not too long after and no attempted return yesterday it looked completely like you had committed RDMx4 and disconnected.

However if Management or the Administrators are able to come across yesterdays logs, I'm sure a reasonable conclusion will come from this. After reading your explanation and if your story is able to be confirmed by any member of the Administration or Management team I am willing to support a removal of the ban.

I'd also like to advise editing the ban appeal to include the details you stated in your reply.

Yes, i have added the details. thankyou. is there a good chance that yesterdays logs can be found? due to the no attempted return i believe i went to play some rainbow six and then tried to return to RP later that night but was banned. but, even if they do recover logs and my story is backed up do all of these "-1" replies mean they are not in support of removing the ban?

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Murdy5 said:

Yes, i have added the details. thankyou. is there a good chance that yesterdays logs can be found? due to the no attempted return i believe i went to play some rainbow six and then tried to return to RP later that night but was banned. but, even if they do recover logs and my story is backed up do all of these "-1" replies mean they are not in support of removing the ban?

Logs for yesterday are accessible just not to Senior Moderators and below. However the logs are being looked into in regards to confirming your story. I'm sure with reasonable proof and explanation the ban will be reduced if not removed on the decision of those in charge of overseeing ban appeals.

Accepted

Due to the lack of logs to support either claim, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and unban you, however your warn will stay so staff can keep an eye on you just in case you aren't telling the whole truth. Next time when you have other players abusing you put in an admin ticket.

• Wingza locked this topic