Fundraising/charity event for those effected by the fires

I hear about this over the news over and over again and being in tassie I feel terrible because of not being able to do anything about it then I came up with a thought. How about starting a charity/fundaising event for those who are being affected by the fires like we have done in the past :)

Unfortunately I am very bad with these sort of events but If anyone within the community can do this and is thinking of it I will support them.

• Upvote 7

Im willing to help since my uncle has a farm about 600-500ks south-west roughly from Brisbane  and it was nearly destroyed by the fires. But the main problem with these fires are the stupid Greenies/Environmentalists they decided to stop funding to the Fire department and those Environmentalists told the fire/ other bush services to not burn excess fuel during the winter months because it would "hurt the ecosytem" its not like the Aboriginals were conducting controlled fires for thousands of years. Greta Thunburg even said its "Australia's fault for not helping with climate change" and its like shut the f**k up **BAD WORD**, you and all your environmentalists live in 8th story apartments in the inner city districts of every major city and drive Chinese cars. 

Addition: Btw the reason the fire fighters are running low on water is because QLD Labour sold the Chinese alot of our water supply 

Edited by Bibleman
  • Thinking 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Bibleman said:

Im willing to help since my uncle has a farm about 600-500ks south-west roughly from Brisbane  and it was nearly destroyed by the fires. But the main problem with these fires are the stupid Greenies/Environmentalists they decided to stop funding to the Fire department and those Environmentalists told the fire/ other bush services to not burn excess fuel during the winter months because it would "hurt the ecosytem" its not like the Aboriginals were conducting controlled fires for thousands of years. Greta Thunburg even said its "Australia's fault for not helping with climate change" and its like shut the f**k up **BAD WORD**, you and all your environmentalists live in 8th story apartments in the inner city districts of every major city and drive Chinese cars.

This may be a heated topic for very many members of the community, but it would be far wiser to look at solutions for the problem that our Community can strive towards rather than bringing in Politics. Everyone has their own opinion, and Politics aren't black and white, however, rather than debate that on the forums until the cows come home (trust me, its happened before) lets work together as a Community to find a solution Imperial Gaming can strive to achieve to help our firefighters and those affected by the fires.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, Wolf said:

I'll work on something tonight with Managment

I don't care what everyone says about you Wolf, you're a good guy. :^)

🙌

• Upvote 3

i cant say i have first hand experience with fires involving me personally

but i just spent the last week in Albury/Lake hume NSW

there was a fire about 100km from my location in corryong i believe. 

This is what happened during said time of a week

• I'd wake up to high wind speeds and smoke covering everything
  • just over the lake the sky was red with embers and flame
  • Radio frequencies from nearby major areas talking about the fires and how to stay safe
  • we even left a day early due to the change in heat and the warning of tourists not being able to make it out by the 04/01 and how life threatening it is with the extreme heat.
  • One of my friends posted about how she had to wear a gas mask inorder to walk her dog with having an asthma attack.

I can agree with bibleman about that whole Greta thumberg stuff.

Spoiler

Then you got some asshats who exploit the #climatestrike on instagram and put selfies and stuff

also the video of scomo getting yelled at by NSW farmers is a good show of how the people feel

Something like this would be an incredible idea, we need to help our fellow inhabitants of this beautiful island.