[SPOILERS] The Mandalorian: Episode 6 Discussion

Heyo again,

Its your boy, the Mandalorian episode 6 was pretty cool and I'll be leaving a few of my 'wow thats cool' type things below in the spoilers, reminder that this has gone well so far and the next one will be for the Rise of Skywalker, I'd just like to get everyone back into the groove of it prior to the release of the new film.

My discussion is uhhh, kind of emotional because its a sick episode.

Spoiler

Wow, another like, sick opening tbh. Starts with a completely unique situation where the Mandalorian feels like he's in a distressing situation but competely owns it, then the Twi'lek from the trailers and a friggin devaronian smuggler! That's sick as Hell. Also the whole line about the fact that when the Mandalorian used to roll with a mercenary group and he got "target practice" out of it, signature theme was queued and I nearly had a seizure out of joy.

Then the obvious past between him and the twi'lek Xi'an is unique (also funny that her name is the same name as a major Chinese province, more to my theory that twi'leks are Chinese and Rodians are Vietnamese). Then the whole briefing scene was so cool, when Xi'an mentions that the Mando 'still hates the droids' its a good call back to the fact that they ransacked his town and killed his family/friends, then the whole idea that the Mando now respects the fact that the New Republic are the dominating force in the Galaxy.

The 3D space in which they describe how to attack the ship which is cool, then the little teambuilding exercise was sick as hell too, with them being so immerse in the world "maybe you're a gungan" which is a cool line. Then the fighting about them wanting to see his face revealing Baby Yoda, hinting towards the fact that the Mando is about to mess with them by the end of the episode. THEN POOR BABY YODA FELL, poor little dude :(

Also a small thing I noticed is the fact that the Imperial Sharpshooter Mayfeld was wearing Stormtrooper armour painted brown as apart of his kit. Then the ship walking part was cool too walking through the prison block with everyone like "wtf, humanoids?" since all they've seen is droids, as well as some Imperials with their uniforms still on even.

The combat scenario was a bit unique, showing the Mandalorian's Beskar keeping him safe and the fact that no matter how strong he is, 6 on 1 odds mess him up, even if they are droids. Then the meeting with the rebel and the term "egg head" similar to the term "bucket head" used to describe stormtroopers. As well as his obvious inexperience only being a pilot, presumably. The third arm that Mayfeld has is so cool too, very unique to the Star Wars Universe.

Their little scuffle about whether or not they're killing the rebel pilot "Davan" was interesting too because of the difference in their moral code, then the line about them not always calling them Twi'leks where Mayfeld only calls her a "Twi". The signal calling the New Republic in adds a bit of pressure and a time constraint to the episode now, with Xi'an's cocky side coming out with "We only need 5" of the 20 minutes given to them before the New Republic arrive.

Then uhhh, Burg kinda wrecks those two droids, showing the difference between Devaronians with this guy being huge in comparison to a lot of them being small and sly usually. Then those dogs betray Dyn and push him in, with the weird brotherly/sisterly relationship coming out, :eyes:.

I forgot to mention the whole design of these New Republic droids is sick with the rebellion symbol being on them, that's hype af. As well as the Mando's escape and then his betrayal of them back and the lockdown of the ship was cool. The only part I didn't get was the whole fact that Xi'an and Qin's relationship seemed one sided because he wanted to leave her behind.

THEN ZERO THE DROID LOSES BABY YODA, THE GOAT HIMSELF, SMALL FOOL RUNNING AROUND. Then also the droid has an EE-3 which is cool continuity. THEN BABY YODA AGAIN THE LITTLE GOD HIMSELF MESSING WITH THE DROID.

The fight between Burg and Dyn is so sick too, the fact that Devaronians have been shown to be fire resistant before and then the fire not working on Burg is so cool. I thought they were gonna be brutal af and cut his head off, then he LIFTS THE BLAST DOOR GOD DAMN THEN THEY WERE BRUTAL ANYWAY SQUASHING HIM SIDEWAYS HOLY CRAP, what a turn of events.

Mayfeld walking around gave me some Alien vibes, the dark and then the flashing lights all around, which was unique and then Dyn coming up behind him with the flashing lights was just magnificent cinematography.

The Qin and Dyn conversation was interesting, Qin using the honour code of the Mandalorians to try and convince him to not kill him as he knows he's outmatched.

Then Zero getting shot was pretty cool, something I noticed and a video I've seen on the internet makes me think its true, is the fact that the Razor Crest may be a refurbished Clone Wars Gunship, you can just see by its design and the sounds it makes.

However, getting closer to the end of the episode where Dyn double crossed them again, I realised that there's no way he killed them, and them wham, it cut to them all being in prison. I'm honestly waiting for an episode near the end of the Season where all the people he's double crossed / betrayed come back and try to kill him and then the Mandalorians show up to save his life again.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Straight up, baby yoda is the goat, my favorite part is when he goes to use the force on Zero and thinks he basically combusted him even though mando took him out, one thing about the episode i'm confused about is why he's actually doing the job, how does it tie into EP 5? Other than that, pretty good episode 8/10 (Compared to the others)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John said:
  Hide contents

Straight up, baby yoda is the goat, my favorite part is when he goes to use the force on Zero and thinks he basically combusted him even though mando took him out, one thing about the episode i'm confused about is why he's actually doing the job, how does it tie into EP 5? Other than that, pretty good episode 8/10 (Compared to the others)

Spoiler

I think he's gone there cos he knew the bloke and needed the credits, not many people willing to do sh*t with excommunicated guild members.

1 hour ago, John said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah the episode was great it's just at the moment I can't really see where the show is going like there isn't a goal or a main villain it's just each episode is a completely new adventure which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I would just like to find out more about Baby yoda and his origins and the mandalorian developing further as a main protagonist. I just hope there are some big developments for the story in the future episodes.

Edited by Hyperion
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Kamelieon said:

My mum said she'll get Disney+ next year :( I needa watch this amazing stuff..................

You can always pirate it :)

I'm just happy that "Wise ass" is now a canon Star Wars insult.

Edited by Kristofer
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Kristofer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm just happy that "Wise ass" is now a canon Star Wars insult.

Spoiler

The dude with the third arm also nearly said "What the f**k?" while inside the prison ship. People in the Star Wars galaxy have potty mouths...

Also Matt Lanter, voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars, plays the New Republic soldier and the directors of previous episodes, ultra chad Dave Filoni, Deborah Chow and Rick Famiyuma play the X-Wing pilots seen at the end of the episode; curiously enough they pilot T-65 X-Wings instead of the T-70s seen in the sequel films.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

Seeing the X-Wings show up at the end was f**king amazing.

I also like Mandos character development alot, this has easily become one of my new favourite series to watch.

1 hour ago, Butcher232 said:
  Hide contents

I cried when he dropped Baby Yoda...

Yeah was fuming >:(

Also memorable:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.456fa30ff1e89cb5556139ab3c25921e.png

Rest in peace to this New Republic officer - he was just trying to do his job :(

Edited by Sterling
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SCHEFF said:
  Hide contents

The dude with the third arm also nearly said "What the f**k?" while inside the prison ship. People in the Star Wars galaxy have potty mouths...

Also Matt Lanter, voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars, plays the New Republic soldier and the directors of previous episodes, ultra chad Dave Filoni, Deborah Chow and Rick Famiyuma play the X-Wing pilots seen at the end of the episode; curiously enough they pilot T-65 X-Wings instead of the T-70s seen in the sequel films.

Spoiler

Yeah I noticed that as well hey, small tid bits which are so sick.

As much as I liked the Zero character, I felt as if his movements were too human-like. You can see an example during the part he says "And I am smarter as well", and taps his head with the most human looking movement.

They also show us a first screen-look of a New Republic Officer with the egghead helmet and the new tunic design they have. However I found it odd that throughout the entire ship, he was the only organic New Republic personnel.

On 12/13/2019 at 10:10 PM, Bailey said:

You can always pirate it :)

Bailey: 'You can always pirate it'

Aus Gov watching Kamelion pirate Mando:

Spoiler