Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Larko

Custom PC - Need opinions

Recommended Posts

Hey all, so I have finished school and got a job, which means income which means I am buying an actual PC rather than this laptop.

So, I have looked some up on PCcasegear and I came up with a pre-built one, the reason I want it pre-built is because I want it in the mail and I don't want to have a thing to do with building it, sorry but I just don't. So I will list my requirements below and just wanted some opinions from a broader community before I go doing anything eradic. :)

 

- Budget is between $2-2.5k for just the PC

- Has to be pre-built, I aint building sh*t

- I want to play games at a good framerate and just play good new games, but nothing fully overkill. A bit more than just enough but not too much if you get what I mean.

 

This is the one I was thinking of; https://www.pccasegear.com/bundle/432/45370,45372,45497,45564,45577,45606,45622,45710,45755,50576,50609,53766,53894

Any other suggestions or +1's?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend looking down the path of custom builds, you can organise builds where you select all the parts you want and/or get someone else to help you choose and then you pay a company/business around abouts $100 to build it for you. That is what I did with my PC and I recommend it way more than purchasing a crappy overpriced prebuild. Mine was around about $2050 and it can comfortably run most if not all modern games.

 

@Bailey - I think this is more of a thread for 'Random Discussion'.

Edited by Sully
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marsh said:

Don't buy custom get mac

 

10 minutes ago, John said:

You’re joking right

Apple is the new Windows when it comes to gaming these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marsh said:

Don't buy custom get mac

 

1 hour ago, John said:

You’re joking right

 

58 minutes ago, MrKayeST said:

 

Apple is the new Windows when it comes to gaming these days.

@John Nope. Take a look at the new Mac Pro. An epic one is only gonna set you back $54,000 USD (~$78,000 AUD). 

8a8b4d093e0e6b39b93a725fb438b8ef.png

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even those specs are a bit overkill for new releases.

If you want to save a bit of money, and not sacrifice performance; go for a build with a AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen (they are really good these days). Pair that with a 5700 XT and your sweet.

RTX cards are kinda overpriced for what they do as well, but I mean if you want you use your budget go for that, but honestly, I have an RTX 2060 Super and I regret it. Almost never use ray-tracing and it cuts your FPS to a third of what it is.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48555/pccg-wolf-2060-super-gaming-system (The chipset on the motherboard is a bit of an older one but its still really good)

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48672/pccg-plasma-5700-xt-gaming-system (This one is a bit pricey, but its the donkey's nuts) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

 

 

@John Nope. Take a look at the new Mac Pro. An epic one is only gonna set you back $54,000 USD (~$78,000 AUD). 

8a8b4d093e0e6b39b93a725fb438b8ef.png

Ok, now I know you’re joking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, John said:

Ok, now I know you’re joking

Wym bro that’s cheap for such a gaming beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

 

 

@John Nope. Take a look at the new Mac Pro. An epic one is only gonna set you back $54,000 USD (~$78,000 AUD). 

8a8b4d093e0e6b39b93a725fb438b8ef.png

I'll be right back, getting my mum's credit card.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that PC is perfectly fine, it’ll tear apart any new games on ultra. Should be fine for a few years mate.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, larrythecrab said:

As others have stated anything at that price will do you well. Is it a full build such as including a monitor, mouse,keyboard etc or just a built up case?

Nah that’s just for the pc, I get staff discounts at JB HIFI bcz my brother works there so I get like 50% off everything so I’ll just buy the rest there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Max said:

Even those specs are a bit overkill for new releases.

If you want to save a bit of money, and not sacrifice performance; go for a build with a AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen (they are really good these days). Pair that with a 5700 XT and your sweet.

RTX cards are kinda overpriced for what they do as well, but I mean if you want you use your budget go for that, but honestly, I have an RTX 2060 Super and I regret it. Almost never use ray-tracing and it cuts your FPS to a third of what it is.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48555/pccg-wolf-2060-super-gaming-system (The chipset on the motherboard is a bit of an older one but its still really good)

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48672/pccg-plasma-5700-xt-gaming-system (This one is a bit pricey, but its the donkey's nuts) 

What do you mean by you don’t use ray tracing, is there like an option? I thought ray tracing was just part of the gpu and it’s always on 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Larko said:

What do you mean by you don’t use ray tracing, is there like an option? I thought ray tracing was just part of the gpu and it’s always on 😂

Technically it is, but to get its full effects, you have to go into the game settings and fiddle around with it. It's trash tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I built my pc for $1700 with an I7 and 1070 back in early 2017 and still runs 99% of every game with max settings at 1440p so a pc in that price range will run anything in high-max 1080p for a good 5-7 years and besides even more depending on settings

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

 

 

@John Nope. Take a look at the new Mac Pro. An epic one is only gonna set you back $54,000 USD (~$78,000 AUD). 

8a8b4d093e0e6b39b93a725fb438b8ef.png

Bit off - but it's still expensive af

9bca6a1028199d68f383fff93f38a7c0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Butcher232 said:

Bit off - but it's still expensive af

9bca6a1028199d68f383fff93f38a7c0.png

nah he's talking about the version that has 1.5TB of RAM, it exists it's just ridiculous

also Larko, not that I think you are actually considering a Mac, but if you are check out Louis Rossman's youtube channel to learn how fun it is to fix a Mac in the event that something goes wrong, versus a windows PC which is essentially just a meccano set that you can easily disassemble and reassemble and troubleshoot

Edited by Tonberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a good gaming rig

INTEL i3 9999990k

43gb HYPERX Ram

MSI GAMINGX GTX 750000

Corsair Hydro Series Power Supply 3000 watts

Asics Motherboard B750

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...