Custom PC - Need opinions

Hey all, so I have finished school and got a job, which means income which means I am buying an actual PC rather than this laptop.

So, I have looked some up on PCcasegear and I came up with a pre-built one, the reason I want it pre-built is because I want it in the mail and I don't want to have a thing to do with building it, sorry but I just don't. So I will list my requirements below and just wanted some opinions from a broader community before I go doing anything eradic. :)

- Budget is between $2-2.5k for just the PC

- Has to be pre-built, I aint building sh*t

- I want to play games at a good framerate and just play good new games, but nothing fully overkill. A bit more than just enough but not too much if you get what I mean.

This is the one I was thinking of; https://www.pccasegear.com/bundle/432/45370,45372,45497,45564,45577,45606,45622,45710,45755,50576,50609,53766,53894

Any other suggestions or +1's?

I recommend looking down the path of custom builds, you can organise builds where you select all the parts you want and/or get someone else to help you choose and then you pay a company/business around abouts $100 to build it for you. That is what I did with my PC and I recommend it way more than purchasing a crappy overpriced prebuild. Mine was around about $2050 and it can comfortably run most if not all modern games.

@Bailey - I think this is more of a thread for 'Random Discussion'.

Edited by Sully
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Marsh said:

Don't buy custom get mac

1 hour ago, John said:

You’re joking right

58 minutes ago, MrKayeST said:

Apple is the new Windows when it comes to gaming these days.

@John Nope. Take a look at the new Mac Pro. An epic one is only gonna set you back $54,000 USD (~$78,000 AUD). 

8a8b4d093e0e6b39b93a725fb438b8ef.png

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 2

Even those specs are a bit overkill for new releases.

If you want to save a bit of money, and not sacrifice performance; go for a build with a AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen (they are really good these days). Pair that with a 5700 XT and your sweet.

RTX cards are kinda overpriced for what they do as well, but I mean if you want you use your budget go for that, but honestly, I have an RTX 2060 Super and I regret it. Almost never use ray-tracing and it cuts your FPS to a third of what it is.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48555/pccg-wolf-2060-super-gaming-system (The chipset on the motherboard is a bit of an older one but its still really good)

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48672/pccg-plasma-5700-xt-gaming-system (This one is a bit pricey, but its the donkey's nuts) 

54 minutes ago, larrythecrab said:

As others have stated anything at that price will do you well. Is it a full build such as including a monitor, mouse,keyboard etc or just a built up case?

Nah that’s just for the pc, I get staff discounts at JB HIFI bcz my brother works there so I get like 50% off everything so I’ll just buy the rest there.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Max said:

Even those specs are a bit overkill for new releases.

If you want to save a bit of money, and not sacrifice performance; go for a build with a AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen (they are really good these days). Pair that with a 5700 XT and your sweet.

RTX cards are kinda overpriced for what they do as well, but I mean if you want you use your budget go for that, but honestly, I have an RTX 2060 Super and I regret it. Almost never use ray-tracing and it cuts your FPS to a third of what it is.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48555/pccg-wolf-2060-super-gaming-system (The chipset on the motherboard is a bit of an older one but its still really good)

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48672/pccg-plasma-5700-xt-gaming-system (This one is a bit pricey, but its the donkey's nuts) 

What do you mean by you don’t use ray tracing, is there like an option? I thought ray tracing was just part of the gpu and it’s always on 😂

55 minutes ago, Larko said:

What do you mean by you don’t use ray tracing, is there like an option? I thought ray tracing was just part of the gpu and it’s always on 😂

Technically it is, but to get its full effects, you have to go into the game settings and fiddle around with it. It's trash tho.

35 minutes ago, Butcher232 said:

Bit off - but it's still expensive af

9bca6a1028199d68f383fff93f38a7c0.png

nah he's talking about the version that has 1.5TB of RAM, it exists it's just ridiculous

also Larko, not that I think you are actually considering a Mac, but if you are check out Louis Rossman's youtube channel to learn how fun it is to fix a Mac in the event that something goes wrong, versus a windows PC which is essentially just a meccano set that you can easily disassemble and reassemble and troubleshoot

Edited by Tonberry