The health boosts on the server are good but way to OP every trooper should have health between %100 and %250 maybe 300 but i seen people with 500 700 health any firing line with six people can be jumped easy

and you won't have to set Event Characters health at %1000 to %1500

I can see regiments using more formations then a firing line and strategy in combat

and shields i know players have them but they are pointless when 2 %500 heath boost players come in with huge fire power it's just as good as using a shield if not better

I understand the devs had just put in a whole selection of guns but don't change them at all

Edited by Cogzell
added a new point and fixed some wording that i missed
  • Upvote 1

This is a little off-topic however I believe it ties into the whole health idea. I feel as if there is an overall lack of structure and tactics during events, I don't know if its the commanders, EM's, troopers or a bit of everyone but everyone seems too eager to run in head first to the event characters to get their quest kills. I don't see that changing unless some of the following is changed.

• Making the Quest "Assist in Event Character Kills" and make the total higher
  • EM's have defined roles for each regiment
  • Lowering HP
  • Adding respawn timers
  • Actual punishments for troopers to fail to adhere to formations and orders

Most of the time people run in and die and repeat with little to no repercussion.

i doubt its need to be changed again the hp has already gone down i used to have 540 hp now i have 390 i don't think the hp needs to be changed again it's already been changed recently.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

This is actually a lower HP to the old one and I personally think this one is fine.

2 hours ago, Ramirez said:

For my final event I set my EC's health low, everyone really enjoyed it. Just means the Event Master needs to be on top of respawns. I was surprised to never see any Event Masters do it again.

I agree with both of these statements regarding the matter.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Cogzell said:

I still think its too high as a shock trooper with DLT-40 it takes about 30 to 50 bullets to kill someone with high health

Buy weapons from the point shop then?

Edited by Mongo
11 hours ago, Cogzell said:

The health boosts on the server are good but way to OP every trooper should have health between %100 and %250 maybe 300 but i seen people with 500 700 health any firing line with six people can be jumped easy

The health boosts have been balanced in accordance to the new weapons. If we maxed everyones health at 250-300 you would see alot of people getting one or two shot from snipers which is annoying. 

11 hours ago, Cogzell said:

I still think its too high as a shock trooper with DLT-40 it takes about 30 to 50 bullets to kill someone with high health

You have to think about the DLTs role not just how much damage it outputs. It fires very fast and has a large magazine so its main role is a suppression weapon, you line 3 or 4 of those suckers up in a hall way and the entire hall way will be filled with blaster shots. You'll find that the DLT will take alot less than 30 bullets to kill someone at close range, it will take more at long range due to spread. We have done this so that regiments are more tactical in their gunplay. Instead of everyone hitting everyone perfectly from across the map now you have to manoeuvre to your optimal range and engage for the best results.

• Upvote 2

I wish there were no health boosts so it could be like the early days of clone wars, as it felt like you couldn't just throw people at enemies without caution as they would die very, very quickly. As mentioned above though, the health currently is balanced with the weapons and I do feel as if even though it's not perfect, it's better now than it was before. Regarding the HP% of Event Characters, I believe this has been discussed before and is set so high due to the sheer amount of players rather than the players health.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ragetank said:

If we maxed everyones health at 250-300 you would see alot of people getting one or two shot from snipers which is annoying. 

I feel like snipers should have that potential though.

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

This is actually a lower HP to the old one and I personally think this one is fine.

With the old HP, troopers at the rank of 2LT+ were on average getting stimmed past 1k hp on the regular. THIS was too much so it was reduced. Now the average trooper is getting 500-600 which IS a bit high but also going lower would make Snipers OP.

14 hours ago, Cogzell said:

The health boosts on the server are good but way to OP every trooper should have health between %100 and %250 maybe 300

If People are at that low hp, then firefights don't last long. In fact, events would be 'Respawn Simulator' instead of fighting the event. Also, if we lowered the Ratio of | Imperial : Event Character | health, that would make events be more like Tower Defense. And you have to remember, Event Characters have to represent multiple or even several hostiles. Unless they were a top kill squad, 10 rebels aren't going to attack a ship/base of 100 Imperials (In RP it'd be 10k). But if each rebel were to represent... say 6-8 rebels each AND have superior firepower, they'd need the extra HP. 

The Higher HP PROMOTES troopers working together to kill an EC as your average trooper won't be able to go up against a 1500hp rebel 1v1. But you make that 4v1 or 8v1, it becomes a much different story.

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, John said:

ahh the joys of having 3150 HP

bruh this dude out here able to survive a quick deathstar shot

but fr I disagree with HP being too high. Right now as tank said its balanced with weapons, and if you aren't doing enough damage, learn your weapon, its not hard to complain about a problem, its the ability to overcome it that makes you worthwhile taking into a regiment, or promoting you in your current one. If you're unable to adapt you wont go anywhere.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Sparx said:

bruh this dude out here able to survive a quick deathstar shot

but fr I disagree with HP being too high. Right now as tank said its balanced with weapons, and if you aren't doing enough damage, learn your weapon, its not hard to complain about a problem, its the ability to overcome it that makes you worthwhile taking into a regiment, or promoting you in your current one. If you're unable to adapt you wont go anywhere.

This ^

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Aphrodite said:

I feel like people tend to forget that this is an RP server not an FPS. You want to be able to survive a few shots so you don't die instantly as that would probably wouldn't be fun seeing how laggy events can get.

Very very very x10 true.

• Kumo locked this topic