[SPOILERS] The Mandalorian: Episode 4 Discussion

Heyo IG,

Back again with another discussion thread about the new Star Wars stuff, I missed episode 2 - 3 of the Mandalorian because I didn't want to spam the forums with discussion threads because of how quickly those episodes came out, but now there's some breathing room I'm gonna post this episode discussion.

Spoilers below :)

Spoiler

The beginning was some good introduction, I thought I was watching a sci-fi Lord of the Rings when those orc things (Klatooinians) pulled up. The raiders are a new and unique addition, especially since they didn't seem to be too advanced in their technology yet.

The comedy relief from Baby Yoda honestly got thrown in really well in my opinion, showing us how Baby Yoda's/The Child's intellect has grown and that it seems to have a relatively good understanding of the things going on around it. The pressing of the buttons and that soup scene were so funny to me, just how candid Baby Yoda is, I genuinely burst out laughing super hard in a lot of cases.

Then we meet the woman (Cara Dune), but its shown she's an ex-shock trooper apart of the rebellion who took out Imperial Warlords. We know she can at least go toe-to-toe with Dyn Jarren (The Mandalorian) and has some unique tattoos, she also seems to be wearing some kind of unique armour, presumably given to her by the Galactic Alliance to Restore the Republic.

Something that I can also see slowly developing throughout the episode (and the series as a whole) is the connection between Baby Yoda and Dyn Jarren, and how even though he was originally a Bounty for him and has sort of become a son.

Also a cool little part of the episode that I think is definitely going to be underrated is the part in which Dyn discusses the removal of his helmet and how he eats/lives his day to day life without showing his face to anyone.

Then there was the little training montage, eh, it wasn't much better than most of them, but immediately getting into the fighting after tracking their camp using the thermal vision (which is also so f**king cool, Mandalorian helmets are sick man, I cant even explain it). Then the whole explanation of "If I take it off, I'll never be able to put it back on again." later in the episode really showed the power of the Mandalorian's and their culture, as well as the effect it has on people.

But the absolute highlight of this episode for me was the AT-ST and how menacing it looked, like, an already established vehicle in the Star Wars universe somehow becomes even more badass with a new paint job and now its confirmed in lore it at least shoots explosive shots and has a large flood light on the front of it, which is so f**king awesome.

I liked the highlight on the pulse rifle and showing the absolute power it could hold, as seen in episode 2 and 3, it could disintegrate people and was actually banned by the Imperials from use after they were used on the Lassat on Lassan. So I don't wanna see people somehow have them or so help me God I'll call ISB.

They also keep referring to Baby Yoda as a boy, so I assume he's a boy. Yoda clone still possible

Dyn nearly leaving Baby Yoda behind hit me in the heart, but I understand his reasoning behind it. THEN I THOUGHT THEY f**kING KILLED BABY YODA AGAIN LIKE HOLY sh*t. THEY NEEDA STOP DOING IT TO ME MAN. I love that kid way too much, Baby Yoda is legit the G.O.A.T and that's facts.

For a moment I thought my boy Dyn was gonna get suckered into taking his helmet off, and I wouldn't have been mad, but I wouldn't have been happy either you know, gotta give us more of the Mandalorian before he's no longer a Mandalorian.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode, even arguably more than episode 3, and Baby Yoda still out here running the show. 10/10.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, John said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Baby Yoda legit scares me every single time :biblethump:

Spoiler

Baby yoda is sooo Hecking cute I swear

@RexMaxwell wanted to Punt the little guy

heartless heck 

The Episode was good, i liked the aspect of helping others!

Here's some memes I prepared earlier.

When Rook and Zaspan tell Sith not to do something (Updated this meme to add some sound)
https://imgur.com/a/W4UnnKR

Navy and ISB fighting, SIth sitting there and watching.
https://imgur.com/a/pdENDuS

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

They also keep referring to Baby Yoda as a boy, so I assume he's a boy. Yoda clone still possible

If you remember episode 3, the doctor guy explicitly said "Don't hurt her." to the Mandalorian.

Edited by Kristofer
38 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

If you remember episode 3, the doctor guy explicitly said "Don't hurt her." to the Mandalorian.

Yeah but he also said "he" in the same sentence, I went back through it. I think its still ambiguous as to the gender.

6 minutes ago, Kosmos said:

I literally can't deal with how cute baby yoda is my dudes.

Baby Yoda is what I hope my children live up to. He's set high standards.

Okay, Lets just get some facts right.

Spoiler

The show is called "The Adventures of Baby Yoda and Friends"
We only watch the show because of Baby Yoda
Baby Yoda is our God
I was about ready to slap a hoe in that last scene but luckily that Bounty hunter got clapped in the ass...
Baby Yoda Is love, Baby Yoda is life.

I don't make the laws I just follow them.

Just to clear this up, I'm just having a laugh! I obviously love the aspect of ^ yaknow, but overall I'm watching it and loving it because its Star Wars. Please don't take my meme seriously. Oh and The Mandalorian is a badass nuff said so far this series has been 10/10 for me with its Characters and there designs aswell as the interesting and intriguing plotlines for each episode, all these throwbacks to what we already know about starwars and all this new CANON is just getting me more and more hyped for the next episode every week and I'm honestly not surprised we are getting a second season its amazing.

Also lets get excited for the Future of Star Wars, Its lookin heckin good.

Spoiler

As much as I am loving Mandalorian I am just SOOOOOO hyped for the RETURN of CLONEWARS. I loved the Animated shows Clonewars and Rebels and I am more then HAPPY that they are bringing it back for the final SEASON IT DESERVED. Also Ewan Mcgregor coming back for Obi-wan Show is also something I am uber looking forward to and if its anything like the Mandalorian its going to be amazing.

Edited by |Stryker|
7 minutes ago, |Stryker| said:

- snip -

Personally I disagree. I watch the show as its a well written and well directed sub story line of a thriving cultural franchise that is Star Wars. The shows overall cinematography and storytelling is done in a unique way that follows cannon knowledge whilst providing interesting moments of comedic relief. When you dig into all the easter eggs that are cleverly littered throughout the show you gain an even further appreciation for just how well made the show is overall. I personally feel as if the whole 'Baby Yoda' craze is being overhyped, yes it is amazing to see, but there are many other aspects of the show and deeper meanings to why certain choices were made that I feel trump the whole 'Baby Yoda' aspect tenfold.

42 minutes ago, Sully said:

Personally I disagree. I watch the show as its a well written and well directed sub story line of a thriving cultural franchise that is Star Wars. The shows overall cinematography and storytelling is done in a unique way that follows cannon knowledge whilst providing interesting moments of comedic relief. When you dig into all the easter eggs that are cleverly littered throughout the show you gain an even further appreciation for just how well made the show is overall. I personally feel as if the whole 'Baby Yoda' craze is being overhyped, yes it is amazing to see, but there are many other aspects of the show and deeper meanings to why certain choices were made that I feel trump the whole 'Baby Yoda' aspect tenfold.

Obviously I was just having a laugh, Put my honest thoughts on my post. :) 

1 hour ago, |Stryker| said:

Oh and The Mandalorian is a badass nuff said so far this series has been 10/10 for me with its Characters and there designs aswell as the interesting and intriguing plotlines for each episode, all these throwbacks to what we already know about starwars and all this new CANON is just getting me more and more hyped for the next episode every week and I'm honestly not surprised we are getting a second season its amazing.

It will be interesting to see what Dave Filoni can do with the next episode, I am expecting great things from that man :) 

Spoiler

I love this series and all my friends do my 3 favorite part have to be the button pressing scene where we see that 50 years for baby yoda's species still classifies you as a baby and that seen shows you. when Mando has the fight scene with Cara Dune and baby yoda is just sitting there watching. and final at the end where the BH is about to kill baby Yoda then cara stops her, it just reminded me of the IG-11 scene.

Edited by Dracks