HUD/UI Feedback

Hi everyone,

Recently, as we all know, the HUD had a massive make over.
Overtime, we made slight adjustments that you may or may not have noticed.

We are aware of the current issues and are trying our best to improve them.
However, some people (including me) noticed that the HUD no longer represents a 'star warsy' theme.

So, my question(s) to you:

What do you think can be improved with the HUD (visually and mechanically)?
Are there any issues you are facing?
How can the HUD represent star wars more? (In terms of having a star wars theme.)

Thank you all in advance for your input!

P.S
Yes, balance is going to become bigger. We just need @Ragetank to update it on the server. COME ON TANK, I HAD IT DONE FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS NOW!!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Delta said:

Make it Colour change able

I want purple 

If it is possible maybe add an option in the ESC menu to allow players to select the colours of the HUD/UI for themselves and maybe have it so people can also select the format they want from old or new or it could possibly be a bigger project making a few more options for the HUD/UI's giving players a selection. That's all if it's possible of course.

• Upvote 2

EC338F8823CAA8B734F83C09E8050FC6E1F13B01

Here is a link to the hud for those who want to see it as Vanilla asked me to upload it for those who aren't on the Server.

Personally, I'd like to see some more aurebesh in places that are really easy to see/remember, such as the ranks, or the defcon, etc. Outside of that, I think you've done a really good job.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Bailey said:

EC338F8823CAA8B734F83C09E8050FC6E1F13B01

Here is a link to the hud for those who want to see it as Vanilla asked me to upload it for those who aren't on the Server.

Personally, I'd like to see some more aurebesh in places that are really easy to see/remember, such as the ranks, or the defcon, etc. Outside of that, I think you've done a really good job.

that’s the one, add aurebesh

Just now, John said:

that’s the one, add aurebesh

Needs some ideas in regards in where to put it tho. Also what do you mean by the quote below.

5 minutes ago, John said:

Star Wars borders like stars are ISD walls

• Jman1308 pinned and featured this topic

I honestly don’t believe there is a way to make it look like it has more of a Star Wars theme. Someone suggested before to “use Star Wars borders like stars are ISD walls” but I think it’ll honestly look dodgy like that, I don’t know how to put it but... an ISD wall is an ISD wall and the HUD is not. The suggestion of aurebesh, unless your going to replace all English text with it, then it’s just going to fill space  and to be honest it just sounds a bit... how to say? Nerdy? Like to have a language we don’t understand.

With the current HUD though, it looks like it’s been squished into the corners. I think the colour choice may be a bit weird so changeable colours (if possible) would be great. On the kill feed I think some regiments are to vibrant and can sometimes even ruin the look so I would make them less bright. I think we should also try some different fonts or even make fonts changeable. 

Oh as I said before “I honestly don’t believe there is a way to make it look like it has more of a Star Wars theme.” This is because if you were to try you’d need to make it looks like the inside of a helmet or a ships cockpit. 

Edited by Kamelieon
  • Upvote 2
14 hours ago, Kurt said:

Oh my..

58 minutes ago, Echo said:

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hey guys, I believe I asked for feedback and not random posts that add nothing to the topic.

Edited by Vanilla
  • Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, Marsh said:

I like it personally, however maybe make the text for points credits etc to be a little larger, so old granny here doesn't have to lean in to see

There was a PS written at the bottom of the post regarding that

• Upvote 1
  • Bailey unfeatured and unpinned this topic