[SPOILERS] Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Discussion

Heyo guys, since my last two (I think) of these have gone pretty well and people have been able to have good and civil discussions about Star Wars as a whole, with my previous datamining discussion and Mandalorian episode 1 discussion (episode 2 coming as soon as I finish this post by the way).

A quick review of the game without spoilers, which I'll leave here; I have seriously enjoyed this game way too much, as I said in the chatbox I played it from the Midnight release, until 4am that night, then I woke up at 9am and played it all day through to 3am and finished it that night on Jedi Knight difficulty. It has one of the most fresh and unique stories I've seen in a Star Wars game under Disney (apart from possibly Battlefront 2) and allows for people who aren't versed in much Star Wars lore to take part and understand it, but also rewards those who know a lot about the lore of Star Wars with tid bits about lore and little nods to the other installments of the franchise.

The following images are some cool ones @Yuri took (with the spoiler one taken out) and a few I've seen in my time. After the images there will be a short spoiler filled review and chat about some of the ingame mechanics and such, it will cover the ENTIRE story including the ending, so those mid way through the game that want to avoid spoilers, I'd advise you don't open it.

E5E4DA65CF954B6205688109EC92E2FCC3520F8A

0052335850C19F769CC61475A19E2A8641478A41

ScreenShot00009.png

ScreenShot00002.png

Spoiler

Whew. What can I even say about this game, it throws you in IMMEDIATELY which I loved, you're not explained anything and are expected to figure it all out ad you go which is one of my favourite parts, it doesn't sit down and explain everything to you bit by bit, you gotta figure it out.

The saber combat felt a bit clunky at first, but as I got further into the game I became a lot more accustomed with it and was able to do some cool stuff, it also helped that I was able to get the Saberstaff super early on Dathomir (which was not worth it at all by the way, God that took so long). 

The Second Sister storyline was cool to figure out, the fact that Cere and her knew each other prior to the Purge and then her turning from Trilla Suduri into the Second Sister caused Cere to use the darkside and cut herself off from the force was a unique touch I thought, showing that the Inquisitorius Fortress was escapable and wasn't an absolute unstoppable, while also showing how insane it was.

The Ninth Sister was a tad lack luster for me if I'm going to be honest, she was cool and whatever, but I wanted to kill her, not just throw her off the tree and go "Yeh, she's probably dead." While that whole sequence was cool and all, I'd rather have finished her off.

Cere and Greez were a sick dynamic duo, Greez didn't get much of a backstory but he was good comedy relief without needing to impose himself on the story, just being there made it an enjoyable time.

Nightsister Merrin was a really unique character that came from nowhere for me, but she was, once again, a very fresh character that added to the story and was fulfilling to watch her story arc progress from "Nightsister who wants revenge for her Sisters" to "Nightsister who wants to find her place in the Universe."

The Order 66 sequence, holy f**k, that entire section is a masterpiece, showing the true power and the raw strength of Jaro Tapal able to essentially walk through Clone Troopers like he was just walking down a hallway, all the while showing that he was still vulnerable. His death had me tearing up for a character I didn't even know, like goddamn they did it so well and showed why Cal was able to do all he was able to do, such as the Saberstaff movement, the force push/pull/freeze and just Cal's entire Jedi training.

The sequence on Illum was my favourite by far, being able to actually go in there and get your own crystal was so cool, and then being able to choose its colour (I went pink by the way, it just looked cooler) was such an insane and fun thing to do as well.

The ending of the game was so sick, going to the Fortess Inquisitorius and facing down the Second Sister until Cere shows up, then it looks like she's about to come back to the light and then wham bam f**kING VADER. Kills Trilla and then you have to just run, no way to even fight Vader, you're just running away because he's so powerful. The ending cutscene was wholesome too, slicing the holocron and allowing the kids to live their lives without having to choose a side and fight the Empire for the Jedi.

All in all, I loved the game so much, it was one that didn't have any particularly new mechanics (except Psychometry which is sick) and it still felt like a Star Wars game that took a fresh and innovative look at the Universe.

Respawn did a good job.

Thanks for reading homies.

• Upvote 4
Just now, Marsh said:

Thanks for the new background cheers

Which one did you choose? I'd have gone with the Republic/CIS type one in the scrapyards, but that's imo.

13 minutes ago, |Stryker| said:

cant wait till DLC releases part 2 -.- yay an EA game

They said that there was going to be no DLC or micro-transactions for the game. Once you have it, you have everything.

1 minute ago, Butcher232 said:

They said that there was going to be no DLC or micro-transactions for the game. Once you have it, you have everything.

Yeah I know they have stated "No plans for future DLC" but the story kinda ends with the possibility of continuity and there is no way EA is gonna waste this opportunity for more clout.
And also remember DLC doesn't need to be paid for its just extra downloadable content. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, |Stryker| said:

cant wait till DLC releases part 2 -.- yay an EA game

I’d be happy for more story. I loved the game. I’d pay for more lol. When it’s a good game I couldn’t care less about paid DLC.

Just decided to watch a Vid analysing the game instead of waiting to get it

Twas very deep and stuff

spoiler below Btw

Spoiler

the second sister looks like seyn from Inferno Sqaud Ngl

Honestly loved the whole game, not out here trying to drop spoilers for people braving the forums, hope there is dlc or a sequel in future, also low key game makes me want a game where you play as an inquistor

Spoiler

The game looks decent, however I personally will not fork out the money to purchase it purely down to the fact that I am not a massive fan of single player games. The only game I have actually sat down and played the campaign through start to finish properly is Battlefront 2, even that was done purely to learn more lore and see the amazing cinematics rather than for the actual playability of the game. I just personally prefer multiplayer/co-op games where the actions of the game are unpredictable and unscripted rather than set in stone. The human factor is important to me in game because it shakes things up,

Also, I love the photos you have included. They look very Aesthetic and nice.

CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ CAL AND MERRIN ♥ 

• Haha 1
Spoiler

The final confrontration with Vader was everything I expected it to be - your skills are only you relearning what you knew as a padawan, and even then when you acquired the skills to become a Jedi Knight, Vader absolutely demolishes any attempt you make on him. Running from him literally tearing everything apart in order to kill you truly made it feel like you were insigificant compared to his might.

• Upvote 1